• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Tricky User-interface at the Wholesaler

DeletedUser

When you're not used to the Trader and especially the Wholesaler (as it happened to me today, because I researched it just recently), you are in danger to do things by accident you would never wish to do...

At the Wholesaler there are arrows left and right to navigate through the pages. But if you move the mousepointer to the 'Left'-arrow, you have to pay attention, that the arrow is highlighted and not the tradeoffer anymore - I didn't do that and bought 20 planks for 100 steel accidentally :(

There are a few points, why this can happen:
- While your mousepointer (with the fingertip) is on the arrow, the offer can still be highlighted! This is NOT the case for example in your city, if you move the fingertip of your mousepointer to a building, it gets highlighted instantly.
- The graphics for the offers makes you think, to accept an offer you have to click a green button at the bottom and not anywhere in the whole field of the offer.
- There is no confirm needed, if you have enough to pay the price, the trade is done instantly.

I would suggest to at least to change the highlight of the arrow (may become green), allow clicking an offer only on the green button at the bottom and/or have to confirm a trade at the Wholesaler.

DeletedUser

if you move the mousepointer to the 'Left'-arrow, you have to pay attention, that the arrow is highlighted and not the tradeoffer anymore - I didn't do that and bought 20 planks for 100 steel accidentally :(

lol I tried that and you are actually right, they are so close!! Maybe a confirmation message for accepting offers from the wholesaler? As you suggest,

DeletedUser

This thread seems to be forgotten and no action done, I remember also Khebeln reporting to have fallen into the trap in the meantime, until there came this thread...

Marindor

We have indeed made a request to change this with our developers, so hopefully they'll come with a change soon!

DeletedUser43

This issue has been fixed with update 0.15:
Displaying pagination has been reworked to be more consistent thoughout the game, as well as to solve some potential issues. It will now be at the bottom of the menu rather than at the left and right.

Here's a screenshot of the feature:
pagination.png