• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Trader] Make default Trade Ratios work both ways

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser867

Summary
Make the automatic trade ratios work both ways.

Description
When you put an offer on the market, the ratio between tiers is always 4:1, rounded down.
When you enter a amount OFFERED, the amount NEEDED defaults as follows:
  • 1:1 Tier1:Tier1
  • 4:1 Tier1:Tier2
  • 16:1 Tier1:Tier3 (4:1 * 4:1)
  • 4:1 Tier2:Tier3
  • 64:1 is the maximum allowed ratio
offer16.jpg

Please make the code SYMMETRICAL, so that we can also
enter what we NEED and get an equivalent default amount for what we would have to OFFER.
There won't even be any roundoff error. It's a straight multiply by 4*4*...

Simply allow either Offer OR Need to be the independent variable, if the other value is still zero.

Benefits
More user friendly.

Possible downsides
None.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser157

When you enter a amount OFFERED, the amount NEEDED Faults as follows:

I don't think this is a fault. This is just what the difference in good values are for ELV.
Also you can edit the numbers as you like once the auto calculation has happened.

DeletedUser867

I'm perfectly happy with the Offer defaulting what I Want.
We also need the INVERSE. What I Want should default my Offer as well.
It would be exactly the same concept, but with inverse ratios.

I'd go so far as to suggest that the folks who are trying to cover a shortage, and haven't a clue how much they should offer for what they want, are the folks who need the default (suggested) values the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser136

I didn't understand at first but I do now. You just want to be able to enter the quantity you want and let the computer figure out what default trade amount of the good you want to offer for it.

I honestly never realized you couldn't do that. It makes perfect sense, and it really should work both ways :)

DeletedUser43

Because it's logical that the default trade ratios would work both ways (from offered goods to wanted goods and vice versa), this idea has been forwarded. :)

Marindor

Can we add a general fix to make the ratios more representative of the value each tier has?
9:4:2
or
5:2:1 would work

Please put other ideas in a seperate thread. For this one, please stick to the suggestion that is described in the opening post :)

Marindor

Unfortunately this idea didn't meet the minimum requirement of 20 voters, so we'll have to archive this thread now :)