• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader [Trader] How about adding Trading Quests? - to encourage people to trade more!

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jackluyt

Summary
Add trading quests to improve trading on a world.

Description

Add 3 new declinable mainline Quests to those we have already:
- Place 5 two- or three-star trades of your 1st Boosted material
- Place 5 two- or three-star trades of your 2nd Boosted material
- Place 5 two- or three-star trades of your 3rd Boosted material

Repeat these quests on a daily basis.

Motivation

Trading is an important part of the game, and it would improve the trading on a world.
Getting the 'Newbies' used to trading teaches them good habits!

Downsides

Quests would need to be scaled according to player's chapter / size
Players could just place trades and remove them instantly => modify the quests to 'have X trades taken'

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I like it, but If implemented I'd like it to be more of a
"have 4,000 of your tier 1 boosted goods taken in the trader" scaled to your chapter.

This would prevent players from just posting 5 crappy/tiny trades and immediately taking them down.
Without this adjustment it would just be another bonus for those who enjoy the endless clickfest of quest cycling.

Just thinking about the event quest "post 5 trades" I know I posted five 10 for 10 trades on each of my accounts. Accomplished the quest, but didn't actually increase the number of trades in the world in any way that matters.

If they want more trades, they should fix player movement.:rolleyes:

Dhurrin

If Timon is worried about the fact that people don't use the trader as much as they had planned/expected perhaps he (and the whole dev team) should LISTEN TO PLAYER FEEDBACK.
Tons of ideas have been posted about improving the trader, but all they have managed to do is completely screw it up. Like that extortion rate at the wholesaler. Resulting in it not being used as much as it was. However, it has also NOT resulted in more trades being posted, except more of the tier3 for tier 1 offers.

It really would help if they played the game themselves on a regular account, but just listening to feedback and suggestions would already be a big help. Yet they don't. And it seems they do so less and less.

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys!

This idea is now up for voting, I have edited the opening post to match the required format.

Please cast your votes!

SoggyShorts

I voted YES, but I'd like to reiterate that the quests need to be more specific

"have 4,000 of your tier 1 boosted goods taken in the trader" scaled to your chapter.

This would prevent players from just posting 5 crappy/tiny trades and immediately taking them down.
Without this adjustment it would just be another bonus for those who enjoy the endless clickfest of quest cycling.

Just thinking about the event quest "post 5 trades" I know I posted five 10 for 10 trades on each of my accounts. Accomplished the quest, but didn't actually increase the number of trades in the world in any way that matters.

Heymrdiedier

there is already a repeatable quest like that early one: collect 200 tier 2 ( boost) and place 3 trades.
Just expand this quest to the later chapters.

But if the point is to improve amount of trades a lot of other ideas have already been posted and sometimes forwarded
1 remove inactive citys from center to border
2 remove trade from notifications, lots of players need their notifications to be able re visit their neighbours who helped them back. Hence they never post trades and only accept them.
3 make it easier to put for example 10 times the same trade automatically
4 alternative to previous one, allow players to accept only a part of the trade thats been posted. So if a high end player places 500.000 wood for marble and you only need 200 wood, you could take 200 from the big batch.

DeletedUser

I've voted No, because these kind of quests will only lead to more crappy trade. On the live server my neighbours excel in placing 0-star trades. I really don't need to see more of this kind of crap.

SoggyShorts

4 alternative to previous one, allow players to accept only a part of the trade thats been posted. So if a high end player places 500.000 wood for marble and you only need 200 wood, you could take 200 from the big batch.
Sadly this idea was rejected https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/trader-placing-trades-in-pools.2798/
I've voted No, because these kind of quests will only lead to more crappy trade. On the live server my neighbours excel in placing 0-star trades. I really don't need to see more of this kind of crap.
What if it was tweaked like I suggested?

SoggyShorts

@Ibra Gonza II
I think we may need a change in how these ideas are(or aren't) forwarded to the devs. 80% yes with a minimum of 20 votes might be too high a requirement.

23s7or6.jpg

I think simply forwarding ideas that seem to have a consent amongst the handful of players that care enough to frequent the forums would work fine.
All of the forum mods seem pretty reasonable, I'd rather trust in your judgement than the current system.

DeletedUser118

There are 2000 members inside this forum, so 20 votes shouldn't be too much of a problem actually. I don't really see it as a too high requirement.

SoggyShorts

There are 2000 members inside this forum, so 20 votes shouldn't be too much of a problem actually. I don't really see it as a too high requirement.
This forum has 2,000 members just like Winyandor has 95,000 players:rolleyes:.
Edit: actually it's worse than that. In the game some dead accounts get deleted, but on the forums, one time visitors count as "members" forever.

Maybe if there was a big banner pop-up or something, but as is, 20 votes is a bit of a stretch a lot of the time. I personally have had to rig the system a little by sending a PM to every member I can think of as well as harassing my FS, and even then barely reaching 20 votes. I also started a thread a few months ago on US forums urging all players there to make Beta accounts in order to vote. That worked for a few weeks, but then there was a 2 month spread between Marindor dropping the forwarding job and ibris picking it up and most of those voters don't come check anymore.

The forums just aren't used enough to get a proper turnout, so I think the ideas should simply be judged on their merit, not whether or not during any given week there happen to be enough visitors to the ideas section.

The 80% @ 20+ has a major flaw too. There was an idea that had 16 yes and 4 no votes which got forwarded, and another idea with 19 yes votes 0 nos that got trashed. In no way does that make sense.

DeletedUser1278

I vote yes

normaly I dont write here anymore because of the restrictions of free speech:cool:

But only ad 1 quest that is done in 20 seconds and you get a bonus then do a round and do it again and again.
That is as old as the game is and so boring many dont even look at the declineble quests any more its boring.
And the other quest im stuck and build a magic academy because it stil dont give magic.:rolleyes:

They can make a nice new quest line and not a big quest every month like now menhoriks duty to hold the people happy until something new comes.

SoggyShorts

But only ad 1 quest that is done in 20 seconds and you get a bonus then do a round and do it again and again.
Lol, that's exactly what I think should be avoided. Adding another quest that can be done 100 times a day by declining all of the non-instant quests is the opposite direction I'd like to see the devs take with questing.