• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Trader 1 good for 1 good fix

DeletedUser170

Some of us know the exploit in the trader, when you set up a 1 good to 1 good offer, the trader show it as a fair offer, even if the trader fee applies, and the ratio is 1:2. As this is intended, we have to find an other way to "fix" this problem.

Could you imagine that there 100 pages in your trader, all asks for one good? If yes, then you know this is not funny.

One possibility, that we get rid of all offers that asks, or gives 1 amount of goods, so it would be impossible, to create such thing. Maybe we can even rase it to 5, but that really doesn't matter, my main goal, is to fix the problem.

Just an other though: maybe we should be able to set more settings (let's call them "advanced settings") such as
  • only fair and better ratios
  • only offers from our neighbourhood (no trader fee applied)
  • IF and WHEN there is an alliance kind of thing: only my alliances offers
  • Minimum amount/maximum amount of resources
This is way harder, and probably more useless, then any other thing you could implement, so I would wait with this advanced setting.

DeletedUser126

The rations are based on your point of view, you get different ratting and the other person does based on other factors.

DeletedUser95

+1
I like idea of advance settings when it comes to trade ,

DeletedUser170

Yeah... but I still can choose what I want to see. Even further - I can see what I want, and he can still post what he want.

DeletedUser

That's absolute insanity... :eek:

Imagine 40 pages of that. Not just scrolls for silk, but also scrolls for crystals, steel for wood and steel for marble. I refuse to click 50 times just to get 50 scrolls, nobody needs just 1. We all need at least 50 or 100, or even more at this stage.

DeletedUser43

Thanks Nosferatu for the screenshot. I've forwarded this idea immediately after seeing the screenshot. It's clear that the trader becomes unworkable with such trades. Hopefully, something will be done with this soon. In the meantime, maybe you could contact the player responsible for the 1 vs. 1 good trades and ask him with pretty eyes if he won't do it again. :)

DeletedUser

It's clear that the trader becomes unworkable with such trades.

The creation of such series of 1:1 offers perhaps might be a product of boredom ...

As for me, in times/days/weeks where progress is impossible, I also have the trend to create series of offers starting with 5 pages 'fair' 2:2 offers - because Nosferatu doesn't like 1:1 offers :), then about 7 pages with 3:3 offers, 5 pages 8:8 offers ... 2 pages 60:60 offers, and also some 150:150 or 200:200 offers.

So there are days where there are about 50 pages with offers from me in my neighborhood-trader.

But fact is: nobody of my neighbors doesn't need anything, not 2 silks, not 50 silks, not 6 planks and even not 100 planks or 200 planks or silks ...

So to fight against boredom, next day or 2 days later, I make my my own 'privat quest': trying to delete 54 offers in 7 minutes and create 52 new offers in 12 minutes.

So the game playing with oneself becomes sometimes nearly entertaining... :)

Now seriously:

As long as 1 good might be of interest (eg. you have 69, but you need 70), trades of/with 1 good are of interest - it doesn't make sense, to force players to offer/buy 10 or 100 goods if there are situations when they need 1 good only ...

If all productions give, and all quests, all researches etc. require 10 goods, then yes, but meanwhile not.

The only solution I see, is to limit the number of offers a player can set up at the same time in the trader.
If a player wants to use his (for exampl:esmile: 5 trade-occasions to set up five one to one offers, Nosferatu still will dislike it, but at least there would not be 70 pages 1:1 offers created by one only single player ...

What of course can not be prevented, is that, if of 40 bored neighbore, each one sets up five 1:1 offers, that there would be again 20 pages with 1:1 offers.
So final solution could (once more) only be, to prevent that neighborhoods are bored.