• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Tournment -reducing cooling time for next round

Do you want the Tournment cooling time to be change, pls pick your choice (u can choose all option ?

• keep 16 hour, no change

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • change to 15 hour

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • change to 14 hour

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • change to 13 hour

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser724

After we get 1 province, we have to wait 16 hour cooling time fro next round
e.g
Day 1 8:00 am round 1
Day 1 24:00 midnight round 2
Day 2 4:00 pm round 3
Day 3 8:00 am round 4
Day 3 24:00 midnight round 5
Day 4 4:00 pm round 6

It seems it is reasonable
but in fact, there is some big problem

(A) we have 2 days ...Day 1 and 3 ...we have to wake up earlier and late sleep to handle it
(B) the timing must follow up to round 5, you miss 1, you will miss round 6
(C) because of the speed of the battle and we need to do manual fight in most case ( especially if it is high province --province far away from city ), in Day 1 and 3, we work from 24:00 midnight to 1 to 2 am for those fighting, if we have problem in fighting in Day 1 and 3 8:00 am, the problem will push the schedule in midnight to further late. As a result, we cannot fight a lot

Based on the above situation, would Inno consider to
change Cooling time from 16 hour to 14 hour
this will allow us to do battle for 2 hours after exiting 14 hour cooling time
Let us enjoy fighting ....at least help us to check the battle re-design logic

changing from 16 hour to 14 hour, we cannot play round 7 because the timing do not allow us to have a chance to do 1 more round.
it also help elvenar player has a better and longer sleeping as usual

Jixel

Yes - I've never seen round 6, and only made round 5 a couple of times. Between work and kids and life in general, I don't have the chance to just play whenever the game dictates that I should.
And there's more than time limiting how far people can get in the tournament anyway - these days, lots of troops are lost, and they take time and resources to build up again. And for negotiators, it gets harder and harder to build up enough resources to reach the later rounds.

DeletedUser1596

And if you are a working person with usual working hours (let's say from 6:00-14:30) and you need some time to get to work.. and back? When your first contact with computer is +/- 16:00 every day.. how is this going to help?

SoggyShorts

In north america the tournament starts between 8am to noon depending on time zone, so many players are already at work.
This means you lose 8h of tournament time right off the start since you are already at work and can't start the first round until you get home.
If you work 9-5 (pretty normal) you get home and can log in around 530-6
16 hours after 6pm is 10am. Guess what? You're at work again.:(
R1: Tues 6pm
R2: Wed 6pm
R3: Thu 6pm
R4: Fri 6pm
R5: Sat 10am just before tournament ends depending on if you live east coast or west coast.

13-14h could get another round in, so yes please

DeletedUser1596

Looks like working hours and tournament start are quite different across the globe. For us it would be:
R1 : tue start 19:00
R2: wed afterwork +- 16:00
R3: thu afterwork +- 16:00
R4: fri afterwork +- 16:00
R5: sat 05:00
R6: sat 18:00 - 19:00

If everything goes well, we would have 1 hour to battle through the last round, which is still not possible (for fighting 10+ provinces). And the whole saturday blocked.

So yes, it IS better (13h cooldown), but if we manage to convince the devs to make a change, why not make tournaments COMFORTABLE and for EVERYONE?

DeletedUser736

It has been a long time they have this 16 hours timer. Clearly their mind is set and we're beating on a dead horse. I still did vote for the 13 hours timer. It's that, or adding a day to the tournament.

At the same time, I have to admit I find the rewards at high levels not interesting enough. You score runes and that's it. Having played this game for long, I am drowning in runes, and I got wonders ready to build, that I don't do simply because they are not worth the space they take in my city. I got more relics than I care for, even if, to be honest, I really should be using y magic academy more.

But still, even if I am not that sad I cannot reach the end rounds, I find that ridiculous that it cannot be done without sustaining an "unhealthy" lifestyle. I made it to last round on occasion where my work forced me to lose some sleep already. But most of the time, I'd rather go to sleep than earn some runes.

DeletedUser1677

Reducing the cool down, yes, I vote for that.
It should be possible to have a "normal" life, AND complete the tournament.

I'm unemployed, but I'm not gonna wake up in the middle of the night, to do a tournament. And I think ppl with work should have a fair chance!

Deleted User - 60152

It would be a major help to many players if the servers were set up based on the area they were designed to service. Since they are separate servers - instead of eying everything off the German time zone - consider having the resets for each server based on that time zone. For the US it could be based on the Eastern Time Zone - since we have several. Say reset is at 6am ET - that would be 4am for me in the Mountain Time Zone, but that way I could hit the Tournament when I get up and before I leave for work. (If someone outside of the time zones that cover the US plays on the US server then they would have to adapt to the server times.

Hugs

I like this idea. I would even suggest reducing the cooling time down to 12 hours. :)

I guess it is a lot about what kind of people you want to attract to the game. If you want to attract those who don't have a life outside, they will probably be able to stick up with anything, but... - they will probably NOT buy diamonds. Face it, nobody makes a living out of playing Elvenar!

If you want to attract people that are more likely to buy diamonds, you want to attract people who actually has a job outside of the game. They are not happy if you make the tournament timings so that they basically cannot get anywhere because they need to be able to have time both for work and for sleep in order to continue having the job, getting the income, thereby the willingness to buy diamonds.

There is no need to worry about the ability to maybe have time to do a 7th round... - when you have done 6 rounds, there is simply no more rounds to do on that province. Easy as that.:D

With a 12 hours cooling time, people would actually be more able to make it to the 6th round, and... just as important, they would be able to choose which days they want to do 2 rounds... nothing like now, when you have one day, where you have to do 2 rounds - normally you don't sleep in between, with 16 hours between, thereby almost certainly depriving you of much needed sleep :)o_O