• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Tourney relics for fragments

Dhurrin

There is almost 0 use of standard boost relics after reaching 700%, doesn't matter which chapter you are in (upgrading wonders consume way less than you get).
Not quite as some are used for upgrading Wonders, one can use a few to create petfood in the MA and you will need all 9 different kinds as ALL goods will be boosted in one way or another. And of course making spells in the MA uses some. Granted, not as many as one can get in the tourney, but still you need them.
So I'd propose an adaptation of your plan: make it a feature in the MA where one can use relics to craft spellfragments. I too have heard of players struggling to get enough of them, especially the newer players, although I happen to have about 900.000 SF despite crafting24/7, so for me personally it wouldn't do much ;)

Moncsociusz

Hi guys! I think we need 20 votes and 80% to get this forwarded. So we only need a tiny bit.

I think this idea is still really useful for everyone. Especially if you are only starting as this gives you a boost in the magic academy. All the features, even the cauldron and would help even with event quests. It is so easy to get relics. And since the new tourney, you get all types as well. So you can rack up relics in an amazing pace. But after awhile there is no use to them.

See the picture that I posted earlier. It is just useless as I can't use them up even with a continuous magic academy production. This state they are pretty inflexible.

But the best part would be that this would promote the tourney participation even more. Having more advantages to do them regularly for more rounds.

And I honestly, don't see a problem with limiting smaller cities at all, that a pop up comes up that are u sure you want to use this up, and you can say yes, or no. The same as putting down manus, even if they are not your boosts, or when you disenchant any item. So let's see what the Devs going to think about it ;) we are so close to it!

Moncsociusz

Not quite as some are used for upgrading Wonders, one can use a few to create petfood in the MA and you will need all 9 different kinds as ALL goods will be boosted in one way or another. And of course making spells in the MA uses some. Granted, not as many as one can get in the tourney, but still you need them.
So I'd propose an adaptation of your plan: make it a feature in the MA where one can use relics to craft spellfragments. I too have heard of players struggling to get enough of them, especially the newer players, although I happen to have about 900.000 SF despite crafting24/7, so for me personally it wouldn't do much ;)
I didn't specify how they make this happen so the Devs can implement as you suggest it as well. So why vote no then?

Heymrdiedier

crafting them would in my opinion not be an solution at all. It takes too long to get the recipes you want, so very likely I'd still get more relics weekly then i would be able to spend.

You mention pet food as well in our post. You know you can disenchant pet food into fragments as well. But just because you can doesnt mean people will do it. So if the couterargument is: no you need relics for other stuff, well trust that the players are smart enough to make the decision to stop in time?

Ainor

don't see a problem with limiting smaller cities
smaller cities need a lot of relics to big up, better to ask a use for relics in advanced chapters instead of to unbalance the game.
For example, portal profit recipes may require relics instead of fragments and cc, or relics could be used for mana -seed-unurium production

Dhurrin

crafting them would in my opinion not be an solution at all. It takes too long to get the recipes you want, so very likely I'd still get more relics weekly then i would be able to spend.

You mention pet food as well in our post. You know you can disenchant pet food into fragments as well. But just because you can doesnt mean people will do it. So if the couterargument is: no you need relics for other stuff, well trust that the players are smart enough to make the decision to stop in time?
Maybe it takes YOU too long to get the recipes YOU want. I have no issues seeing the ones I want coming along very regularly.
And I know I could disenchant petfood, but why should I? I have no need to. And actually I seriously doubt many people do so as there is a chronic shortage of petfood, it's something a lot of people complain about., though I seem to be blessed in that aspect at least with a pretty good stock.

I would prefer to see an entirely different mechanic to the proposed one.

DeletedUser2378

The reason I voted "no" on this is not because I think it's a bad idea, in general... but because we have seen recently how the developers are finding ways to drain all of our resources, whether in the new Seasons quests, event quests, Magic Academy recipes, the list really goes on here...

I am currently in the Team Spirit chapter in Beta and only have around 1500 marble relics for my ascended goods. Yes, that is more than the 500 needed but it would be too easy to drain these, without paying attention, if something else that focuses specifically on relics were implemented to gain spell fragments or something of that nature.
It's too risky, in my view, in this case.
Especially for newer players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moncsociusz

The reason I voted "no" on this is not because I think it's a bad idea, in general... but because we have seen recently how the developers are finding ways to drain all of our resources, whether in the new Seasons quests, event quests, Magic Academy recipes, the list really goes on here...

I am currently in the Team Spirit chapter in Beta and only have around 1500 marble relics for my ascended goods. Yes, that is more than the 500 needed but it would be too easy to drain these, without paying attention, if something else that focuses specifically on relics were implemented to gain spell fragments or something of that nature.
It's too risky, in my view, in this case.
Especially for newer players.
I believe your relics could be lower of the ascended ones, because you used it up for crafting fabrications and CCs. But how many do you have extra from the other relics?

Even if you are a new player. It is easy to get insane amount of relics from the tourneys and magic academy for any relics. And if you are worried for the ascended goods, it is fine if we you stop burning them around the elvenar chapter and I wouldn't call those players new players anymore who can't plan ahead. Same with the sentient goods until the elementals. And until these chapters players should have more opportunity to use and get fragments for the magic academy and cauldron.

I think players no that everything is useful for something later. I wouldn't think this might be a problem at all that somebody accidentally didn't pay attention to these until the elemental or elvenar chapter. I don't want to disregard your opinion, I just can't imagine this case scenario. And let's say even if this would happen, I believe the extra SF would help the players anyway and would negate for any short term drawback until they gain back those relics. As by that time you need those, you have the tourney, MA, and regular scouting to help with relics.

but those extra SFs could be a tremendous help to craft anything. On my small city in beta, I only craft if there is something really good coming up as I barely have SF, but loads of relics with zero use to me at the moment. And by the time they are useful, they would be so abundant that I I find it annoying when I get relics in MA.

Karvest

If I would have a way to convert relics into spell fragments - I would use more of them in cauldron to get better potion effects. There is almost no limit of how many SF can be wasted that way, so any income of spell fragments is welcomed.

Heymrdiedier

Let's be honest, most of the people who want to turn relics into spell fragments, are probably not that interested in the spell fragments, but they would love to have the option to counter the changed formula of spire and tournament. If you had too many wonders and expansions placed, you were basically screwed when they introduced that crooked formula. Being able to lower your relic boost to 0%, would mean we are able to make the tournament and spire a little bit cheaper again.

Very likely thats the reason they didnt add the relics to the cauldron in the first place. If they did implement this suggestion, then i kinda expect they would make it so you can't go under 500 anyway

Moncsociusz

Let's be honest, most of the people who want to turn relics into spell fragments, are probably not that interested in the spell fragments, but they would love to have the option to counter the changed formula of spire and tournament. If you had too many wonders and expansions placed, you were basically screwed when they introduced that crooked formula. Being able to lower your relic boost to 0%, would mean we are able to make the tournament and spire a little bit cheaper again.

Very likely thats the reason they didnt add the relics to the cauldron in the first place. If they did implement this suggestion, then i kinda expect they would make it so you can't go under 500 anyway
I haven't thought about that, but great point, too! :) It gives you more control how you want to play.

Moncsociusz

Thank you everyone who liked the idea or had constructive feedback :) I hope sooner or later we are going to have some use of the excess relics. Fingers crossed. I feel like some people didn't understand the idea that well and sorry that I couldn't explain it better.

Vaeri

Ex-Team Member
Thank you for voting! According to the votes, this idea won't be forwarded (less than 80% voted in favor for the idea).