• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Tourney not displaying properly only on first province

lylsyly

This happens in one or three of my cities every week on mobile (andriod). I can't provide a screenshot because it disappears. The first province will tell you you are defeated (red screen and all) then will flip over and give you the rewards all on it's own. This happens every week in at least a couple of my 5 cities (1 beta and 4 live).

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi lylsyly, thanks for your report, and welcome to the forum! Could I please ask you to edit your report using the template found here (click). This is so that we have all the necessary details available to be able to attempt to reproduce the issue, in a standardized format.

Does anyone else experience this issue? We are having problems reproducing it as it seems to happen rarely. If you have experienced the issue here on Beta, please reply here with as many details as possible such as:
  • account name
  • whether Elf or Human
  • type of province involved (which Good)
  • Which province number did it happen in? (Added as it seems this is happening on more than just the 1st province)
  • Which level/round did this happen on? (Added as it occurred to me it may happen on more than just the 1st level/round)
  • Troops/unit types involved - both yours and the province troops if known
  • your device and platform details
  • anything else you feel may be relevant
Thanks in advance for your help on this one!

Edit: Added possible extra criteria

Last edited:

FieryArien

It’s happening to me on beta as well as EN server.
  • account name: FieryArien
  • whether Elf or Human: Elf on beta, Human on EN
  • type of province involved (which Good): Every tournament for several weeks now.
  • Troops/unit types involved - both yours and the province troops if known: That varies a lot. From memory I’m pretty sure my heavy ranged (Mortars, Orcs) were involved in this, but I use them a lot. Also dogs (it always makes me angry, when I don’t know their losses, that’s why I remember these cases.)
  • your device and platform details: iOS app on iPhone
  • anything else you feel may be relevant: We’ve got similar thread (link) on the international forum. I’ll copy here the info I posted over there.
It’s happening for weeks now, at first only on beta, but then it came to life servers as well. Here on life I even raised a ticket when after fighting the tournament encounter here on EN I got fight result screen from last Spire fight on Beta! :D However, the response was the generic “that’s known issue, we are working on it” type.

From what I saw:
- We sometimes don’t get the result screen after a fight.
- After the following fight we sometimes get normal result of the following fight, OR we get the result of the first fight instead (meaning we don’t see the result of the second fight). The longest streak of such delayed results I saw was 3, if I remember correctly. :oops:
- The bug can cross accounts, meaning we can see last result from the account we used just before logging into the current one. (That could explain why people can see elven troops on their human account.)
- Note that I don’t know if it can or can’t show even older results, but I personally only noticed the bug showing immediate preceding result.
- I’m pretty sure I met the bug also in higher rounds (stars), not just round 1.
- The most common missing result for me is the very first fight in the round. But common doesn’t mean often here.
Nettromancer said:
It doesn’t cause a problem...
Actually, it does. In any case we lose the information about result of some fight. When I fight some higher provinces, I’m forced to use huge amount of troops. It is very important for me to know what my losses are.

I do not know what triggers the problem in the first province. But I noticed that there is higher probability of this happening in later provinces using these steps:
1) Finish a tournament fight.
2) Before the auto-move to the next province is performed, click on a yet another province.
3) Fight that province. (Not sure if it matters if I manage to click the “fight” before or after the auto-move is performed in the background.)

EDIT: I suppose it’s the same issue (or at least the same underlying problem), but I admit, that I don’t usually get “defeat” screen, because I usually don’t get defeated in previous fights.

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks FieryArien, so this happens for you on more than just the first province?
Does the issue occur on more than just the first level of a province, or only the first level?
I'll add that requested info to my post above too :)

FieryArien

My tournament cool down on beta has finished and here’s an update for you @Amy Steele. What I did:

1) Logged in to EN server. Lost a fight in a world province (sent one mage against dogs).
2) Logged out. Logged in to beta server.
3) Collected keys. Sorry, couldn’t resist, there were 6 of them.
4) Opened the first tournament province and fought it. I won, but defeat was shown. See the screenshots:
AAC33DD9-45BA-4F3B-B4CC-9E9425067773.png
F4B143D4-F5A0-464C-8044-D3AF28EAB24E.png
CE54A70C-111C-43B5-B40E-A67A3456893D.png

I also tried to reproduce the problems that were bugging me last tournaments, as I described in previous posts. I was not successful in that. My personal conclusion is that the bug is still there, but it manifests itself differently in current version. ;-)

Enevhar Aldarion

Sounds like this is more two different problems than one, and I have experienced both, but only on android, not on browser, as far as I can remember.

First, the skipping of the casualty screen. This only happens to me in the first province during the tournament, but can happen at any of the six stars.

Second, I have also had the casualty screen show the wrong troops, where it repeats the results of the previous fight. This happens rarely and randomly.

FieryArien

My third-star round has opened this morning and the first province skipped fight results (I won), so even this problem is still present.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I see this often. I believe it happens if I open the app, enter the Spire, then play the tourney
Thanks Arayla, that's really useful information. Do you do anything while in the Spire, or is entering and leaving sufficient to cause the issue?

Enevhar Aldarion

An update on this. I just fought the 10 map encounters for the current quest and then went to do tournament provinces. The results window in the first fight, the 3rd star of the first tournament province, showed the results from the last map encounter, instead of the tournament results. This is on Android.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce the issue described by the OP, lylsyly here. If anyone is still able to reproduce the issue @FieryArien mentions where upon winning a fight the results screen does not show for a province, please start a new thread and we will investigate that issue further there.