• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Tournaments] Reduce Tournament encounters

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Verde

Would it be an option to make this a choice i.e. one could select for each tourney province whether to fight it as one or four encounters?

pilousd

A big YES as far as I'm concerned, allowing either to save a huge amount of time across my different cities
or alternatively to switch back to manual mode to optimize the outcome (which I had to stop by lack of time)

Richord

yes voters without arguments... You really don't see how bad this is? depending on 1 fight with can cause massive losses? which will add full province points or none?
even IF the units/goods are the same as if it were 4 provinces. tactical choices are diminished.

comparing to the spire is indeed also bad; that's a bad event as FA (looking at rewards for time/input of stuff)
comparing to the spire could be done a little, purely looking at amount of units. but still; just don't. Look at what you cause to the Tournament!

apart for layed back/lazy/nontactical players, there are no advantages to this idea.

Karvest

The main argument is that tourney takes too much time now, comparing with the times when it was introduced. And there is not really a big difference in losses between doing 100 small encounters and 25 big encounters except the time wasted on it.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Richord Are we lazy because we want to spend less than over an hour with tournament each day? And that's an autofight.
Each single fight in 40+ provinces can cause more losses than one combined fight in province 10.
Non experienced players rarely go into 10+ provinces anyway.

Jackluyt

Nice idea!
Two encounters would suit me just as well though - otherwise it all gets a bit automatic, single-click stuff.

What I would like to see in Tournaments is a Leader Board, the same as we have in Fellowship Adventures - so we can see how our group is doing compared to the others. Ten Chest fellowships are very popular these days, for all the extra goodies (KP and Spells etc.) we win every week, not forgetting Blueprints and RR spells. Having a leader board to emphasize inter-fellowship competition would make it much easier to motivate one's players.
I hope someone forwards this idea to the design team!
It would be nice too, just like in the Fellowship Adventures, if the top hundred fellowships got some ranking points and time instants.
This would help to make Tournaments much more popular!!

Last edited:

maxiqbert

Nice idea!
Two encounters would suit me just as well though - otherwise it all gets a bit automatic, single-click stuff.

What I would like to see in Tournaments is a Leader Board, the same as we have in Fellowship Adventures - so we can see how our group is doing compared to the others. Ten Chest fellowships are very popular these days, for all the extra goodies (KP and Spells etc.) we win every week, not forgetting Blueprints and RR spells. Having a leader board to emphasize inter-fellowship competition would make it much easier to motivate one's players.
It would be nice too, just like in the Fellowship Adventures, if the top hundred fellowships got some ranking points and time instants.
This would help to make Tournaments more popular!!
tournaments are really popular, already

Brummbaer

For me, using only autocombat, it is a bad direction. If it is only one fight I can loose 4 times more troops in one fight. based on bad battle field enviroment or wrong chosen troop composition.

A big NO, please not

Karvest

For me, using only autocombat, it is a bad direction. If it is only one fight I can loose 4 times more troops in one fight. based on bad battle field enviroment or wrong chosen troop composition.
Your losses would be the same as in 4 bad battlefield environments now. And that 4 bad environments are really happening now, since you have to fight 4x more battles. No difference tournament-wise.

Last edited:

palmira

I voted no, it is bad enough on the spire and less encounters would mostly likely be the same. Besides, one province with 4 encounters, 3 fightable transformed in one not fightable means a huge increase in goods needed to negotiate.

Heymrdiedier

Nice idea!

This would help to make Tournaments much more popular!!
is this what you have in mind as a leaderboard?

thats what i have been using to compare myself to other fellowships

Karvest

I voted no, it is bad enough on the spire and less encounters would mostly likely be the same. Besides, one province with 4 encounters, 3 fightable transformed in one not fightable means a huge increase in goods needed to negotiate.
12 fightable and 4 not fightable encounters would become 3 fightable and 1 not fightable province. No difference in goods for negotiate in average.
And stop comparing this suggestion with spire that have x100 times bigger squad sizes and multiple waves.

Jackluyt

is this what you have in mind as a leaderboard?

Yes Elvenstats does give Tournament stats, updated constantly. But the Leader Board should really be in-game - the way they do with Fellowship Rankings in Fellowship Adventures.
And there should be some Instants, ranking points and buildings given to the top hundred fellowships, just like FA. Teleports and Genies, for example, would give everyone an incentive to work harder!!
:)