• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Tournaments in a semi randomised order.

CrazyWizard

Would it be possible to have individual tournaments within it's own group |Marble, Steel, Wood|Crystal, Silk, Scrolls|Elixer, Magic Dust, Gems| be arranged differently in each cycle of tournaments?

I am one of the lucky players with Elixer, Crystal and Marble as my bonus goods, so my tournaments always go in the order of Bonus- non - non-Bonus 0non-non-Bonus-non-non,
but I have seen people struggle with the Marble tournament because both marble and gems are the bonus goods and those provinces always follow up. not just this cycle of tournaments, but also the next and the one after ect.

It's a disadvantage for them to always have these ones back to back. if the order of the 3 week tier cycle would be unordered then the disadvantage would be with with different people each cycle instead of always the same people.

Dhurrin

It doesn't even have to be be (semi)random, just rotating the goods around regularaly would be an option.

DeletedUser1075

I do have gems and marbles as boosted goods, and I find that I prefer to have a regular tournament schedule as it is, so I always know what is coming up next.

DeletedUser1877

I do have gems and marbles as boosted goods, and I find that I prefer to have a regular tournament schedule as it is, so I always know what is coming up next.
I tend to agree, randomizing would still mean 3 weeks of boosted and 6 weeks of non-boosted, and I don't see any real benefit. Even if I had all 3 boosts back to back, it would mean 6 weeks to prepare for the next time.

Sir Squirrel

Fighting 3 out of 9 tournaments kills the same amount of units no matter the order, right?
You are correct Urvalsandal, but if your boosted goods are back to back you don't have much time (2 and a half days I think) to train more troops and if the "go to" troop is the same for both tourney's (and it is for gems and marble) you might not be able to train many before the second tourney started. This is the reason CrazyWizard is asking for the change I believe.
I am not sure if this is the right solution for that, but I do see the problem, especially for lower level players that can't train as fast as higher levels.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1596

And that's where I get lost a bit. If I train 100 (silly numbers just to make it simple) units per week, then I will have 900 units for every tournament cycle. If I choose to fight only in tournaments with my boosted relics, then I can kill 300 units per tournament and it still does not matter whether they are one after another or 3 weeks away from each other. Or am I missing something?

Sir Squirrel

Now that tourney's are fellowship based more are playing every week and going out further than they might have before , I see your point, but I have got short on a troop, if the same go to troop is in two tourney's in a row, and if you can still fight in the provinces that could be a factor as well. Like I said not sure if this is the solution for the issue, but it does kind of put players with back to back boost at a bit of a disadvantage in time to replenish there troop if they over spent to get there boost up faster, on the first tourney. Also some cater exclusively so building the goods up In that short of time might be an issue as well.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

And that's where I get lost a bit. If I train 100 (silly numbers just to make it simple) units per week, then I will have 900 units for every tournament cycle. If I choose to fight only in tournaments with my boosted relics, then I can kill 300 units per tournament and it still does not matter whether they are one after another or 3 weeks away from each other. Or am I missing something?

Yes if you are able to control yourself, and if you prepare everything in advance there is no difference.
But what I noticed is that a lot of players go all out on gems, forgetting or not knowing that the next tournament is marble.

They simply do not have time to recover properly for the next tournament.
Also if you negotiate then there is no option for preparation. the gems tournament has drained your supply of supplies, and they are unable to regenerate all that in 2 days.

I have seen this happening for a while now with players who's boosted goods are out of sync. and where for lower level players training troops still takes ages, it fairly easy and cheap to negotiate themselves trough the tournament, there limits is pretty much always there limited supplies.

I have tried it out myself and it really takes a while to regenerate your supplies from 0 back to full

DeletedUser1877

Not to be antagonistic, but doesn't this arguement boil down to "Because people play foolishly, we need to make it easier for them"?

If a person won't manage their personal finances, and ends up broke before payday, moving paydays around won't solve that.

DeletedUser1901

Cycle 1: Marble, Steel, Planks, Crystal, Scrolls, Silk, Elixir, Dust, Gems
Cycle 2: Steel, Planks, Marble, Scrolls, Silk, Crystal, Dust, Gems, Elixir
Cycle 3: Planks, Marble, Steel, Silk, Crystal, Scrolls, Gems, Elixir, Dust
Back to Cycle 1, etc...
This order would put an end to the problem, right? Doesn't seem too crazy to implement this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1596

But what I noticed is that a lot of players go all out on gems, forgetting or not knowing that the next tournament is marble.

Now I see what you mean. I admit that this can happen and it's nice that you care about those "less advanced" players, but I'm afraid I have to quote Gandolfus here, because I wouldn't say it better:

Not to be antagonistic, but doesn't this arguement boil down to "Because people play foolishly, we need to make it easier for them"?

If a person won't manage their personal finances, and ends up broke before payday, moving paydays around won't solve that.

DeletedUser1939

not in favor as of yet....
in case it is random then who is to say than who is not to say that a boosted goods provinces will be there two or three times in a row.
for a beginning player that understands the tournament principle he/she might get boost on boosted good very quickly whilst others have to wait for the tournament....

so completely random can not be an option... the 3 week cycle randomly would not solve this either....

Marindor

There's currently no intention to continue with this suggestion, so we'll have to archive this thread now :)