• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Tournament squad size calc - we need your data!

• Thread starter Deleted User - 81190
  • Start date

Deleted User - 81190

Actually, there is one thing that occurred to me that may impact the numbers. While we got reasonably certain that data snap times for the Spire were close to the Spire start time (so likely from Saturday evening to Sunday morning US time), I don't know how it would work with the tournaments. It is possible that there is separate data snap for the tournaments, and it lines up with the tournament start (so Tuesday or so). But it is also possible that tournament shares the same snap time as the Spire (as they share the same underlying formula). This would mean that the data used for calculation could be from Sunday.

The main hypothesis is still that the data is taken at the beginning of the tournament. But just make a note if you've made any changes during the period after Spire starts but before tournament starts.

DeletedUser3289

I wonder why did you put a 0.58 factor between CAL and Spire SS, and didn't merge it with the constant factor in CAL.
Variables are for ease of use. In case Inno rebalances, it’s easy to meddle with them.
Even Cal is an intermediate variable that gets lost into the formula / end result.

Deleted User - 81190

I wonder why did you put a 0.58 factor between CAL and Spire SS, and didn't merge it with the constant factor in CAL.
Probably because base SS was not a primary variable for them to begin with. I think that they started to work with was catering costs, and then backed out squad sizes.

PaNonymeB

Probably because base SS was not a primary variable for them to begin with. I think that they started to work with was catering costs, and then backed out squad sizes.
I'm a bit confused... isn't it a formula you found ? So who are "they" that told you to define CAL=SSS/0.58 then instead of simply CAL = SSS or TSS or with a factor that avoids having a 0.6887 factor in CAL ?

Deleted User - 81190

I'm a bit confused... isn't it a formula you found ? So who are "they" that told you to define CAL=SSS/0.58 then instead of simply CAL = SSS or TSS or with a factor that avoids having a 0.6887 factor in CAL ?
That would be game developers. As I mentioned, there is a CAL number out there if you know where to look.

Enevhar Aldarion

The main hypothesis is still that the data is taken at the beginning of the tournament. But just make a note if you've made any changes during the period after Spire starts but before tournament starts.

I am guessing you have worked this out by now, but I completed stuff in between start of Spire and start of Tournament and the starting Spire squad equals my tournament squad for province 5 - star 1: 187 for Spire and 188 for tournament. Is that what it is still supposed to do?

Deleted User - 81190

I am guessing you have worked this out by now, but I completed stuff in between start of Spire and start of Tournament and the starting Spire squad equals my tournament squad for province 5 - star 1: 187 for Spire and 188 for tournament. Is that what it is still supposed to do?
Unless there were some pretty massive changes in these 2 days, with such a small base it would be hard to make a conclusive determination.

palmira

If it helps, I have 259 AW levels, 133 expansions, all mandatory research done, maximum boosts and this is my first province. The costs for catering are 25k supplies, 2,4k silk and 5k mana. Your spreadsheet predicts a SS of 908, so not bad but not on spot:)

Screenshot at Sep 02 06-47-01.png

Deleted User - 81190

Yep, all my expansions
Yeah, but how many of 133 are premium? What's your next premium expansion cost?

This is a pretty huge difference you're reporting, so I suspect data input problem.

CrazyWizard

This is a pretty huge difference you're reporting, so I suspect data input problem.

Question how does the bonus works?
Does it also include the bonus from mountain halls? does mountain halls actually make your spire / tournament harder? or is it capped at 700%
If not darn mountain halls would be one sour deal.

palmira

I introduced my next premium expansion price, 5600 diamonds, and the data from elven stats so I can't figure out what input problem I might have

palmira

Does any of your AWs happen to be level 30+? I've heard that Elvenstats has problems counting those wonders. Does your trader claim the same amount of wonder levels as elvenstats? (If you play in the app, you can find the info in the Thrones of the High Men wonder, even if it's not built.)
I have 2 AWs lvl 31 and just noticed my trader is counting 327 AW lvls not the 259 in elvenstats.

With the 327 AW lvs the calculated SS is now 1013

Last edited:

Pauly7

I have 2 AWs lvl 31 and just noticed my trader is counting 327 AW lvls not the 259 in elvenstats.
Elvenstats can't be relied on for AW levels, even if it's updated. In my city it consistently counts 20-30 less AW levels than there actually are.