• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Tournament rewards for each Encounter are...not correct?

Elevenar

I am currently fighting level 2 Marble Tournaments.

In the first Province, I was rewarded with 6! Tournament Points for each Encounter. Completing the whole province I got 50 Tournament points, 6 Knowledge Points and 6 relics.

The next Encounters (not sure if it was 2,3 or4), I got 2 or 4 Tournament Points each Encounter. In the second Province I also got 2 Knowledge Points EACH ENCOUNTER!

So, Encounter may be rewarded as:
- 2 Tournament Points
- 4 Tournament Points <THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE IN LEVEL 2, RIGHT?>
- 4 Tournament Points + 2 Knowledge Points

Provinces may be rewarded as:
- 50 Tournament Points, 2 Knowledge Points, 2 Relics <THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE IN LEVEL 2, RIGHT?>
- 50 Tournament Points, 4 Knowledge Points, 4 Relics
- 50 Tournament Points, 6 Knowledge Points, 6 Relics

I am pretty sure it is not correct, that each Province gives different rewards at the same Level. Also, it happened, that I got Knowledge Points for only some Encounters within a Province, not for all of them.

edit: If I remember correctly, I got 1 Relic, sometimes 3 Relics each Encounter of Level 1 yesterday.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1380

I got the same thing on the second Round Province 1: 6 kp/6 Relics Province 2: 4 kp / 4 relics Province 3: 2 kp / 2 relics and province 4 shows the same as province 3. Is this Correct?

We can confirm that the rewards are not the exact same per level, but at this point we are not entirely sure if they should be or not - we will have to verify this with our gamedesigners.

Elevenar

Why should you keep it that complicate and error prone?

Perhaps you could at least have some Tournaments with the same rewards.

Instead of giving more or less random rewards, you could make use of tiers, like:

Tier 1: Tournament 1-5 (same amount of rewards here for each encounter/province)
Tier 2: Tournament 5-10
Tier 3: Tournament 10-20

That is the question we currently need answered from our development team, yes: should the rewards be "random"-ish, or should they be fixed numbers? :)

Elevenar

They should be expectable and comprehensive ... otherwise we cannot really send qualified new bug reports on this subject in the future (jokingly ;) ).

DeletedUser651

I just finished a level 2 tournament and the graphics in the left corner said that I would get 4kp for completing the province. But I only got 2.

DeletedUser1250

I reported a bug with my first province in the first level in another thread. Today I reached level 3. I hear from other they got a rune/shard, I didn't. I also heard others got 6 kp before, I only got 4. I hope the rewards will be soon known, because this makes me think my province is still bugged somehow because my reward is not the same as others get. And I can't prove it, becaude I don't know what it should be and what is right or wrong.

I do understand rewards can be different for provinces and levels, but I think everyone who does the first province on level 3 should get the same reward. Unless that depends on how many you did on level 2 and 1, but then I would like to know that.

I hope we will get an answer soon.

DeletedUser867

I think everyone who does the first province on level 3 should get the same reward. Unless that depends on how many you did on level 2 and 1, but then I would like to know that.
So far as I can tell, and my tests have by no means been exhaustive. ALL of the Tournament costs/difficulties depend on YOUR unlocked Squad Size technologies, and the Tournaments are tuned for medium easy to medium hard, depending on their distance, as compared to your current acquisition costs for new sectors. My research over at quite clearly indicates that the difficulty of acquiring sectors is quadratic with the number of scouted and/or acquired sectors, while the encounters within each sector are linear with the number of squads.

For tournaments a very small sample indicates that ALL of the encounters for a particular tournament are of squad size 5, and while the troop composition can vary, the unweighted troop equivalent always totals right at 90% of your own squad size. To continue the same thought, your own Tournament squad size varies with distance, and I'm going with a similar quadratic relationship that's tuned to be quite a bit easier than your current acquisition costs/difficulty for a new sector.

As time permits, I'll be snapshotting the acquisition of a NEW sector, followed immediately by a TOURNAMENT in that same sector, so the data should develop rather quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

I don't care so much about the size of the enemy squads, I care more about the rewards. I don't understand them. I got 1 rune relic for a level 3 tournament on province 1, then I got 4 kp for a level 3 tournament on a few provinces and then nothing but 2kp. It doesn't matter how many people are also competing in that province either. The rewards seem all over the place.

Elevenar

Again, I have to say, that not only ME does not really understand how rewards are given. Also, members in my NUMBER ONE fellowship don't get it as well as other players, and as you might see, people here. Please, see my suggestions above...

DeletedUser651

Mods...where are we on an answer to this? As of this tournament, some people were getting 4kp as rewards for the first provinces, others were not. The rewards are all over the place.

DeletedUser867

some people were getting 4kp as rewards for the first provinces
The pricing and the awards appear to be adjusted in accordance with YOUR squad size technology research. It's definitely not a level playing field, nor should it be.

So somebody who is at the end of chapter III is going to see lower costs and rewards than somebody who is in the middle of Chapter VII.

DeletedUser651

Today, on day 3 of the tournament, some players got a rune shard as a reward for some of the earliest tournament provinces on level 3 (1,2, 3, and 4 were reported). Other players did not get a rune shard as a reward on any of the tournament provinces on level 3. Why the difference?

CrazyWizard

So far as I can tell, and my tests have by no means been exhaustive. ALL of the Tournament costs/difficulties depend on YOUR unlocked Squad Size technologies, and the Tournaments are tuned for medium easy to medium hard, depending on their distance, as compared to your current acquisition costs for new sectors. My research over at quite clearly indicates that the difficulty of acquiring sectors is quadratic with the number of scouted and/or acquired sectors, while the encounters within each sector are linear with the number of squads.

For tournaments a very small sample indicates that ALL of the encounters for a particular tournament are of squad size 5, and while the troop composition can vary, the unweighted troop equivalent always totals right at 90% of your own squad size. To continue the same thought, your own Tournament squad size varies with distance, and I'm going with a similar quadratic relationship that's tuned to be quite a bit easier than your current acquisition costs/difficulty for a new sector.

As time permits, I'll be snapshotting the acquisition of a NEW sector, followed immediately by a TOURNAMENT in that same sector, so the data should develop rather quickly.

Might be correct, but I got as enemies 5 granite golems(golem III) (in adition with all theother goodies) in chapter II, there is no way at chapter you are able to defeat Sorceres III, treant II or Golem III, Paladin III yet those are many times the enemies I see.

DeletedUser651

Oh yikes, CrazyWizard!! That is indeed a huge bug! The enemies have to be in line with what you have explored! I think that needs to be a separate bug issue. If that is what is intended, then newbies can't possibly win a battle. It is your issue. I will let you post it so you can get the diamonds. :)

DeletedUser

Is there any news regarding this situation? It is still happening. For example, yesterday, I did province 1 to 4 on level 1, and I got as reward each time 2kps/2 relics and TP, whilst some players on my FS did the same provinces but got 4 kps/4 relics as rewards instead.
And once again today on level 2, players got different rewards.

It has been nearly 2 weeks since this has been reported... it would be good to know if this is by design, and if so, what are the criteria for some ppl getting better rewards than others?

The rewards are granted as expected and intended, which makes this "not a bug". The distance from your city to the tournament province is a factor in determining the rewards. :)