• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Tournament Enemies way way way to strong for low level players

CrazyWizard

I dont need the diamonds unless there rewarded to my nl @Arendyl account with the same name, have no use for them on beta.

When playing the tournaments at chapter 2/3, this is wehn you have 48/60 swordfighter II and the plain archer only.

This screenshot is with 60 unitssize and at the start of chapter 3,but had the same issues just after unlocking the the tournaments in chapter 2 with a 48 quad size.

in this example case I need to battle 9 Golem III, 9 Paladin III 9 golem II, 14 proest II and 9 Golem I, and all fights look like this. the units should be at least near the players own skill. no way anyone could ever fight this off at this stage anytime,anywhere. and all battles look like this without any exeption, I havent seen in the past few days any battle I could potentially finish.

paying off is the only possibility, no use of opening tournaments at chapter 2 if you present battles like this.

bugreport.png

Game version: __ v1.4-5cf4c83-(staging) (2016-04-19 12:53)
Game world: __beta 1
Browser + version: __chrome 49.0.2623.112 m (64-bit)
Flash Player version: __build in chrome
Operating System: __win 7
Screen resolution: __1920/1200
Account name: __CrazyWizard
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: __5/5 = happens always)

unlocked steel provinces: 4

Last edited:

DeletedUser867

It appears to me that the troop strengths ARE adjusted in accordance with the unlocked Squad Size for each player.

While the squad sizes got larger for the more distant sectors, for my 15 tournaments, I always had a 10% squad size advantage.

We obviously don't have enough trials for an accurate acessment but, compared to the difficulty of acquiring your next normal sector, the tournaments seem to range from medium easy to medium difficult.

Steel always has been a more difficult fight than Marble, so I'm not too worried about the week to week comparisons.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is not a matter of squad size, it is a matter of the type of troops. The enemy units are much more advanced. Defeating Granite Golems and Knights III when you only have Swords II and Archers I is very very hard, if not impossible.

CrazyWizard

It appears to me that the troop strengths ARE adjusted in accordance with the unlocked Squad Size for each player.

While the squad sizes got larger for the more distant sectors, for my 15 tournaments, I always had a 10% squad size advantage.

We obviously don't have enough trials for an accurate acessment but, compared to the difficulty of acquiring your next normal sector, the tournaments seem to range from medium easy to medium difficult.

Steel always has been a more difficult fight than Marble, so I'm not too worried about the week to week comparisons.

In early game you will never be able to handle advanced troops, or a similar squadsize because you cant yet take advantage of your troops strength and weaknesses to overcome the disadvantage of troop strength.

for example agains archers, golems and connoneers you pitch cerberus, sorceres agains light troops you pitch paladins/treants.
the only advantage you can create in early game is "first strike"
Therefore in early game in the provinces your pitched agains smaller troops. right now troop sizes I see are 6*38 or 2*68
not 5*72

having advanced troops agains you this early in game is impossible to handle I at best might be able to handle 2-3 Golem III or Paladin III loosing most troops I might be able to best them. here we are talking about not 2-3 Paladin III but up to 60 of them divided in 5 troops.

CrazyWizard

No wonder this problem exists. look what I found on the Wiki

VrzOCOA.png

I have never in my life seen a beginner (squad 48) using barbarian III, archer II, cerberus II and paladin III and i'll assume the priester is III as well.
Now I understand how this could pass Q&A.

Back to the drawing board using proper test units?
If you unlock tournaments for players in chapter II make sure the opponents is something a chapter II person is able to handle at that level. not the impossible, else move it to the fairies instead.

Thanks for your feedback. We cannot consider this a bug, as the feature works as intended in this way. That said, we do very much value feedback on this topic and we will make sure that this feedback gets forwarded. In order to collect more feedback, instead of archiving this, we'll move it to the general discussion area on our forums. :)

DeletedUser778

I think it's too hard too.
I haven't experienced it on my own, but thinking about fighting these enemies with dancers II and archers... :eek:
In this example from above
index.php
It should be very hard to have only a slight chance. Archers do little damage and Golems have dmg reduction agains short range, so not much use for normal archers.
Dancers II are better vs the Golems, cuz they have increased dmg vs heavy ranged, but granite Golems have quite a punch and are quite tanky, but the main problem for dancers are the blessed pallas, especially together with the priests, blessed palas are HP monsters especially compared to dancers II, therefore they deal not so much dmg, but +90% vs. light melee...
I can see a point in not accelerating the game for beginners too much, so they only can carter the first 3-5 provinces and more in a developing process through the tech tree/more tournaments, but I fear that not being able to even fight the first 1-3 tournament provinces can discourage a lot of beginners.

DeletedUser867

For the advanced players, I'll give you very good odds that the new Fairy units, once they're released, will show up in the DEFENSIVE armies.

There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

DeletedUser1345

Not sure about that, Kat. I have not encountered any Sorc III, or Priest III in the tournaments.

DeletedUser

I agree that the troops lower level players face need to be changed. What is the point of unlocking the tournaments at the end of Chapter II if you can't win any fights there until much much later?
It is bad enough that the catering costs are so high that low level players can't really afford to do more than 3 or 4 provinces that way, if the fighting way is blocked, then the tournaments will be just another way to invite newer players to quit. Considering all the dead cities we have in our maps, wouldn't it much better to encourage players to keep playing by making the first few provinces of the tournament accessible to everyone?
Even if that means that advanced players will do them cheaply/easier as well, after all, most advanced players will reach the boost cap in a couple of tournament rounds anyway, so might as well let the newer players have some fun!

DeletedUser283

it does not even have to be easier for more advanced player : the troops you face depend on your position only
when I reach a tournament province that is near my neighbour 5 rings away, he/she may already have grinded it to level 2 because it was his/her first province, with the enemy squad size you get in the first province, while I am seeing encounters that are using the squad size for the fifth province, all in the same location;
so if enemy squad size only depends on where you are and where the province is relative to you, why could not enemy army depend on where the player is in the tech tree ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i agree that ideally the enemy army should depend on where you are on the tech tree, so you would only face enemies of the same level. But they don't seem to have coded it that way, i'm not sure how easy it would be to change it. Considering that we are on the 6th week of tournaments here and that they are probably itching to release it on the live servers, if it requires a lot of coding i'm guessing they won't do it... Making it easier in the meanwhile would at least give the newer players a chance, and maybe with more time they can change it so it depends on the tech tree progress and where the province is?

As it is it will only discourage newer players from participating, and encourage them to go play another game instead.