• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Tournament - Discussion

TimeMachine

Hello Beta-Community,

I've just finished my first Province Level in tournament and suceeded to reach the Top-20 in Beta-Tournament-Rankings.

1712081920192.png
:)

I would like to start a general discussion about tournament!

How important is tournament to you? Do you take part in tournament every week?
What do you use in tournament? troops, goods or both? which Pets do you feed, if you do?
What are your personal goals in tournament? Do you have any special strategies?

Every topic-related post is very welcome! ;)

Last edited:

spennyit

Important, every week, troops only, Fire Phoenix and a few 2x2 enhancements, 6900 points (10 6 stars and another 20 5 stars), no strategies

Dorfl the Clay

The only reason I started a beta account is to learn about new developments in the game, so my fellows and I would be prepared before they come to live worlds. I never had the intention to seriously develope my city like I do in the live worlds, but joined a FS and played tournaments because it is almost impossibe to do without teh relics and/or RR. Since most practicale info has now been 'moved' to Discord and the game has become harder (without investing real money), I am considering to discontinue my account here..

Lovec Krys

Main special strategy is to get Timewarp 26+ & Polar Bear lv10.
With that combo you can do 2 tournaments & 2 Spires by using 1 set of combat boosts (Armorers from Spire + unit boosts from Crafting (their effect last 5 days))
(I do first on Friday and second on Tuesday (since Spire has no Polar Bear/Timewarp equivalent, i use time instants(it gives more than is used)))

I personaly feed:
Fire Phoenix for +50% combat bonus for all units
Twilight Phoenix for 5% necromancy ...eh sorry, i meant ressurection of dead units
Polar bear for -20% Tournament round delay (with -90% from Timewarp i'm at 0 cooldown)
Tinlung for getting CCs from tournament (with my usual 30+ provinces that means 36+ CCs for one pet food, if a go extreme, that can be over 100CCs (but the extreme version is not sustainable in the long term(running out of armorers is the stopper for that)))

Dhurrin

On beta; main city: not at all, city is parked

beta, last testcity
relatively important, about 1.500-2.500 points each week
mix of troops and goods
no petfood as I have no pets (don't log in often, so don't get enough evolutions to make it worth placing them and don't have enough spellfrags to craft the firephoenix base if it does come along anyway)
no real strategy, as the whole city is not terribly important to me

main account
Very important, our FS has a minimum score requirement of 2.000 / week (kinda obsessed players here)
95% troops, 5% catering
Fire phoenix, Twilight phoenix (2x), Polar bear, Tinlug (once every 2-3 weeks)
usually 1x UUU, 1x ELR, 1x MMM, placed on alternate weeks; placing buildings on Friday to use in Spire and Tourney AND be able to use them in next weeks Spire and Tourney as well at the start of the week. This uses quite a few troops in a short period, but then has a long period to rebuild them again.
Goals ;
1 - maintain my 9-week average tourney score above 9.000 points, usually by doing a bit more on T1 weeks and a bit less on T3 weeks. (So meaning the average of 9 weeks is 9.000+ points, which means every week needs to be around there, not 9.000 points in 9 weeks, just to be clear)
2 - if I get interested enough again in the game, bring 9-week average to about 10.000 points
3 - if I get interested enough, end in #1 place at least once in all 9 different tourneys. So far I've only managed that in the T1 tourneys, haven't tried to go for that in the others yet
4 - at some point improve my Personal Best score in the tourney again. That will take some preparation as it means I'll have to do more than 100 provinces, which I thought was a cool number last time I tried, so I stopped there.
5 - for 1 week gather some top players into a new FS, or have a massive switch to an existing one and see how many points we can score if there are enough crazy people enough to be found to go for something ridiculous like that and try and set an absolute record for all servers

TimeMachine

for 1 week gather some top players into a new FS, or have a massive switch to an existing one and see how many points we can score if there are enough crazy people enough to be found to go for something ridiculous like that and try and set an absolute record for all servers
I am playing in one fellowship on live which, to me, seems really very strong in tournament.

Here is an example for an average weekly tournament score over there:

1712624492852.png

Steel Tournament is always like a big happening in this fs - last steel tournament we could reach the weekly world record - no other fellowship worldwide did score that much. Over 370K of points.

In this world I have just arrived at chapter 15 and have just built my Victory Springs - I must admit that sometimes a feel a "little weak" between all that heavy hitting fellows. :D But I'll always try my best to take part as strong as possible. ;)

Dhurrin

I am playing in one fellowship on live which, to me, seems really very strong in tournament.

Here is an example for an average weekly tournament score over there:

Very nice, congrats!
But the fact you have done so does not mean it is not a goal for me. (Edit: but the goal would be to have 20+ players all doing 20K or more, aiming for 500.000+ points) Definitely a one-time action

Last edited:

galadriel101

On Beta, I do the tournament every week, catering only, aim for 17 provs x 6 rounds. In the FA do 25-30 provs. Feed the polar bear - am not yet far enough into the research tree to have a timewarp. Main cities are bigger, they used to fight, do 20 provs x 6 rounds most weeks and 35 provs in the FA, feed the fire phoenix and the polar bear, use a couple of booster buildings, have a maxed-out timewarp... but they are parked, now I only play in Beta. Catering only it is harder work to get very high scores but overall more relaxed, no need to time everything to get the most out of pets and booster buildings.

The Beta fellowships is quite relaxed, we are not chasing scores, but we always get 10 chests (and I'd be disappointed with anything less, need those blue tickets!). Often get 11 chests, sometimes 12. Use our fellowships perks to help us.