1. Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Quests Tournament checkpoint quest

Discussion in 'Approved Ideas and Suggestions' started by SoggyShorts, Jan 23, 2017.

1. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Well-Known Member

Summary:
    Instead of dumping the KP and other rewards on players when the tournament finishes, have a quest pop-up with the rewards.

Description:
    When a tournament ends, everyone in the FS that participated gets a new (already completed) quest.
    Clicking "finish" on that quest gives you all of the rewards from the tournament.

Motivation:
    Right now, if you are asleep or offline when the tournament finishes the KP rewards can fill your KP bar, and you will stop receiving your hourly KP. This can cost players up to 10 KP each tournament. This quest system would ensure that players are online when they get their 5/15/30 KP.

Note: I am aware that FoE has some sort of "KP pack" that goes into your inventory, but there seems to be some reluctance in implementing code used in other inno games so this is an alternative.

Note2: The same idea can (and should) be applied to wonder donation rewards.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. Urvalsandal

Urvalsandal Well-Known Member

This! and the same goes for participating in someone else's AW.

...aaaw, how many points I have already lost to this problem...

3. fasdfTTT

fasdfTTT Member

Awesome idea!

Sir Squirrel and SoggyShorts like this.
  4. Ritsel

Ritsel Well-Known Member

Good idea, also like the idea that this could also work for OWs

5. Bonaca

Bonaca Member

+1 (the same should be done with AW)

6. Brummbaer

Brummbaer Well-Known Member

I have offered a similar idea long time in the past (rewards for AW's >> given at next login)

+1

7. Gandolfus

Gandolfus Well-Known Member

8. SoggyShorts

I added AW to the suggestion since it's the same problem with the same solution.

Buttrflwr and Urvalsandal like this.
  9. Grace

Grace Well-Known Member

Yes please, this would be very helpful, especially if we can simply not accept the quest until we're ready to.

SoggyShorts and Sir Squirrel like this.
  10. Tinto

Tinto Active Member

+1

SoggyShorts likes this.
  11. Elderflower

Elderflower Well-Known Member

+1 from me too

SoggyShorts likes this.
  12. SoggyShorts

@Marindor
    since there have been requests to have wonder kp rewards fixed, and now FS tournaments, any chance we can fast track this to the voting stage please?

Elmoonwen and caillean like this.
  13. lika1961

lika1961 Well-Known Member

+1

SoggyShorts likes this.
  14. WolfSinger

WolfSinger Well-Known Member

+1 - this is a wonderful idea

SoggyShorts likes this.
  15. Sir Squirrel

Sir Squirrel Well-Known Member

+1 Great idea it would be nice not to lose sleep over lost KP's.

SoggyShorts likes this.
  16. Dhurrin

Dhurrin Well-Known Member

+1
    Especially in lowlevel chapters a lot of kps got lost. Especially since the meditation spell is not yet available.
    Also, dump during the night was really nasty

17. Andrew420

Andrew420 Active Member

All this idea would do is shift the dumping of KPs in my KP bar to a time of my choosing
    How would we collect the KPs all at once or in increments of our choosing
    Will we lose our KPs if we don't collect them before next tourney or will we be able to store excess KPs for later use
    What about AW rewards will that be same quest or a whole new quest tied to just AWs

Collecting them all at once would still stop my hourly KP unless I have someone to swap them with or research to complete
    Turning the KPs into packs of 10 ,5, and 2 then storing them in inventory bag would be better solution
    Then we could use them, as we want , when we want, at amounts we decide

I doubt that's true because they have already added elements of FoE to this game
    Where do you think they got the idea for the inventory bag or the AWs or the Events
    None of those parts of game were a part of Elvenar at the start and were added to code later
    Guess where the FP packs are stored in FoE
    in the inventory
    can you see a pattern

18. Dhurrin

Dhurrin Well-Known Member

Collecting them from storage will only minimally affect your hourly kp. At the worst you will loose 1.
    This idea give you the possibility to empty your kp bar, then collect the bonus. You can then empty the bar again. So how you reckon it will make you loose the hourly kps is beyond me. You might loose a minute out of an hour.
    First tourney new style I lost about 6 hourly kps in one world due to the dump, even though I had the meditation spell running.
    My small city doesnt even have that spell yet, resulting in just substituting the hourly kps for the bonus kps...an utter waste.

Aramina, Bonaca and SoggyShorts like this.
  19. SoggyShorts

yeah, that's the point.
    separate.
    sure, why not? This suggestion isn't about giving players a way to stockpile 100s of kp to blast out when they want., see below for reasoning.
    perhaps the devs don't want this as it could be used to stockpile kp for the release of the next guest race.
    I never said that i think that FoE KP packs are a bad idea, but im suggesting an alternative based on the fact that kp packs have been a common request since AW were first released, with no love.

if kp packs are introduced instead, i'll be just as happy,, but until then giving the devs another option seems like a good idea to me.

Grace, Buttrflwr, Dhurrin and 2 others like this.
  20. Letheia

Letheia Well-Known Member

+1

SoggyShorts likes this.