• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament changes

guivou

r2.JPG
r22.JPG

guivou

first round : 1 KP for province 10 +, 1 KP for 1 , 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 , 2 KP for province 2 , 3 KP for province 5 and 3 KP for 8

CrazyWizard

anyone has information about those medals yet?

I do not see it anywhere? So I still have no clue about the requirments

tradescantia

OK, so forget my previous judgement (looked closer)... No matter how many provinces you do in rounds 1 and 2 combined, you will always be better off than before to the tune of 9KP.
Thanks @Pauly7 I stand corrected. I guess we can assume there will be a change to rounds 3 and 4 that may compensate for a similar change in round 5.

Pauly7

Thanks @Pauly7 I stand corrected. I guess we can assume there will be a change to rounds 3 and 4 that may compensate for a similar change in round 5.
We can only guess, until someone tests it. I presume some people will find out pretty soon.

Best guess - You'll keep getting 1KP per province in rounds 3 and 4, then 4KP per province again in round 5. We shall see. Potentially 3KP per province in round 5 will still be fine, so long as round 6 also pays 1KP per province.

Actually it would be quite a clever way to make round 6 relevant... No idea why they can't just give us all this information up front though. They have this everlasting need to make us figure everything out for ourselves! :D

Alcaro

I do not like the relics part at all. I need dust relics for CCs (beside the other 2 - steel and scrolls).

Thank you @InnoGames, you managed to screw up the tournament even more than before.
Bit by bit you take out the strategy part from the game, you are forcing us to play the way you want, not the way we want. What's next? A shuffle board for rewards and/ or relics?

What is the purpose to have a Dust Tournament or Marble Tournament or any other of them? First you completely messed up the difficulty formula, then you made a bigger mess from the needed troops for each particular tournament and now, the last stab, in a Dust tourny I DO NOT GET Dust relics but all of them.

What makes a Dust Tournament be a Dust Tournament if I may ask?
The specific needed troops? Nope, that part was killed almost completely.
The specific relics (in this particular case - Magic Dust relics)? Nope - you took that away from us too.
So, I come again with the question - what makes a specific tournament having that name?

Pauly7

I do not like the relics part at all. I need dust relics for CCs (beside the other 2 - steel and scrolls).
Two other factors you can involve here (but it will only offset your loss by a small amount): 1) The team rewards at the end of the week are still all dust relics. 2) If you built a Pilgrim's Manor set, this is going to pay you 63 extra dust relics across a 9 week cycle.

Alcaro

Two other factors you can involve here (but it will only offset your loss by a small amount): 1) The team rewards at the end of the week are still all dust relics. 2) If you built a Pilgrim's Manor set, this is going to pay you 63 extra dust relics across a 9 week cycle.
I didn't build it because isn't completed yet and I hate to be forced to build a set just because they screwed up the tournament Again. To be fair I didn't even planned to build that set. :mad:
The team rewards are nothing compared with what I would won by myself in the tourny.

Pauly7

I didn't build it because isn't completed yet and I hate to be forced to build a set just because they screwed up the tournament Again. To be fair I didn't even planned to build that set. :mad:
The team rewards are nothing compared with what I would won by myself in the tourny.
You're right on all counts, but I just wanted to mention that there was a small offset.

DeletedUser3726

Well there will be a very hard transition period, but players needing many dustrelicts should profit in the long run. The reason for that is that dust is by far the hardest tournament. So it is easier to a little more over all than to focus on the dust relicts. On the other hand players needing many marble or gems relicts will probably get less, because those are very easy tournaments. I'm still not shure that is all worth it.

So far the only change I really like is the cost to enchantsments. It's not perfect, but definitively a step in the right direction.

No, I don't think players reliant on dust relics will be better off in the long run. The advantage of not having your boosted relic in such a demanding province will be completely lost when you consider the new disadvantages.

I have just started ch 5 and am MD boosted. My relic boost is 443%. In round 1 of the tourney 9 provinces gives me 1 MD relic so this will significantly slow down the rate at which I achieve max boost. Given I am stuck with an inefficient T3 production rate I will have to build another T3 manufactory because in CH 5 T3 goods are now required to cater and I am forced to do 10 provinces if I want to get more than a single kp in round 1.

I do not understand how this change is supposed to be beneficial to smaller cities, especially those who haven't reached max boost? Yes I now get a few crumbs every week instead of a whole loaf every 9 weeks but the "solution" is worse than the "problem" it was supposed to fix. Now, pre-ch 6 cities are stuck with:
  • painfully slow T3 relic boost growth
  • limited/drip-fed non-boosted relics for crafting
  • increased demands on troops/goods because we have to do 9 provinces as a minimum EVERY WEEK
  • greater demands on space, pop etc due to needing more inefficient t3 manufactories and/or military buildings
  • forced to over scout to clear 9 provinces or face relic forfeiture.

This will keep small cities poorer for longer because, just like in real life, being poor early on limits growth exponentially.

How are tiny cities in ch 1, 2 and 3 supposed to grow if they can't do 9 provinces? I won't know until round 2 what the relic for the first province will be so unless it shifts it will be impossible to gain all relics in a single tourney without doing 9 provinces. I think this change has nothing to do with helping smaller cities and everything to do with forcing tournament participation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

No, I don't think players reliant on dust relics will be better off in the long run. The advantage of not having your boosted relic in such a demanding province will be completely lost when you consider the new disadvantages.
Consider also, that it's harder to complete encounters the higher you go in provinces. If you do enough provinces to get you an equal number of dust relics across 9 weeks, that will be less costly than having to go really high in provinces in a single tournament.

Alcaro

Consider also, that it's harder to complete encounters the higher you go in provinces. If you do enough provinces to get you an equal number of dust relics across 9 weeks, that will be less costly than having to go really high in provinces in a single tournament.
I think you are wrong about the map provinces/ encounters. Each ring has specific types of relics and if you don't have the ring where the Dust provinces are, then you are forced to complete the previous ring(s) to reach the Dust provinces. Also, while advancing in chapters, each scout takes longer and longer up to days. would not call it a solutions. :(

Killy

Yes. 1KP per province. So province 10+ is exactly the same with both rounds combined. Provinces 1-9 in both rounds combined is 9 better.

Thx a lot - I was worried for a sec.

it does not shift.
If you get a [dust] relic in round 1 you get a [dust] relic every round in that province

But it shifts with every tournament, so I cannot understand why people think they will take longer for their boost. It will pretty much take the same time. Yes you cannot focus on your special tournament but therefore you can do more provinces overall in 9 tournaments.

DeletedUser3726

Previously I was able to get sufficient relics from doing 6 rounds of 6 provinces. Now I have to do 9 every week. There is no gain for me now will there be for most other pre-ch 6 cities. I had to compensate today and do 11 provinces because I'm MD boosted and need to increase my boost to pay for the extra provinces I'll need to do every week. Catering province 10 and 11 today used 1/3 of my T3 goods. I have no idea how I am supposed to meet my weekly obligations now.

guivou

it's true but if you only did 1 third of tourney in the previous version( only those for CC ) , the new system is far more costly because you get 2/3 of unused relics and you must do tourney every week and as you get not enough boost building for the 9 week instead of 3 , real global cost will probably be higher now