• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament changes

Heymrdiedier

with this change , i will have some trouble (and i am not alone i think) , because i need more dust relics than other and it won't be possible to win more of my required relics for cc
View attachment 9089
well i expect this not to be true at all. This change was done especially for players like you.
You will also not be needing dust relics anymore as much. at least thats what they claim. i guess we wil see later today

I want all things to be more challenging with greater rewards, exactly the opposite of the current trend.
I'm totally with you on that. Tbh it could even earn them more money since if a reward is worth it, people are willing to spend (more) on it

Lovec Krys

@SoggyShorts Simple:
Imagine Spire rewards changing over time:
5h time booster reward going to 2h, then 1h, then 30 min.
2CC going to 1CC, then replaced with relics...etc.
(the same path event rewards went)
You included Spire in your post, and this is what you might get. I prefer Spire not changing, so it won't be nerfed.

SoggyShorts

You included Spire in your post, and this is what you might get. I prefer Spire not changing, so it won't be nerfed
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.
Like I said though, I want everything to be harder with better rewards.
or nerf a few more things so we can get annoyed just enough to finally quit for good. Either way is fine.

guivou

it's awfull , doing 9 provinces , i won only 1 dust relics and 1 will earn 1 more next round , it's needed for CC and i have far less dust relics than others
good point more KP than usual ... (at least 1 per fight )

Jaxom

Yes indeed you get MUCH fewer dust relics. You get more steel and planks during 20 provinces than you do dust.
As for KPs you will get just about the same number doing 2 rounds of 20 provinces. You just get more earlier in each round. Only 4 KP in provinces 10+.

The relics will even out if you do EVERY tournament. But you can no longer focus on a tournament to get the relics that you really need.

As for the spells, I still need to figure it out. I never make anything but MM and CC as I have lots of the rest.

Not happy but things could be worse. Probably will help newer players, gets them more KPs in early provinces.

Need to see what happens in rounds 3-5. (Why not 6? because I rarely do anything in 6. Either the FS is doing great and we have 10 chests or not. No reason to do 6 most weeks. the rewards were never good)

Heymrdiedier

ofcourse you get less dust relics during dust tournament week, then before the change why are you guys bothering to give that as feedback. That was the whole idea in the first place. The whole point is that you also get dust relics in the other weeks

SoggyShorts

The relics will even out if you do EVERY tournament. But you can no longer focus on a tournament to get the relics that you really need.
Yup. Inno clearly thought this would help new players get relic boosts but the opposite is true.
Focussing on 3/9 tournaments used to get you more boosted relics than spreading out your troops/goods across 9/9 weeks will now.
You're basically "wasting" 66% on relics you don't really need (as a new city)

What this change does that is good for new players is giving access to relics for CC spells all the time which of course makes some Event quests more doable.

Last edited:

MstrBengals

Well.... this relic thing stinks. 9 provinices. 1 Tier 3 MA relic. If they put this in production, I am probably not going to hang around. I have been playing for over a year and a half and have enjoyed it, but with all of these changes, it is becoming too much like work. I won't fight to keep my MA up and running..... I got more non usable relics than usable.. I will be explaining all of this to my FS's in the next day or two.... see what they say

tradescantia

No one seems to have noticed yet that the kp rewards from province 10 on up in round 2 have been reduced. Yes, you get kp with every province, so that is an improvement if you just go to 16 or 20 provinces. But if you go higher, that's a net loss. The big power tourney players who use their super-power to rake in the kp in tourneys are going to be annoyed.

little bee

Well there will be a very hard transition period, but players needing many dustrelicts should profit in the long run. The reason for that is that dust is by far the hardest tournament. So it is easier to a little more over all than to focus on the dust relicts. On the other hand players needing many marble or gems relicts will probably get less, because those are very easy tournaments. I'm still not shure that is all worth it.

So far the only change I really like is the cost to enchantments. It's not perfect, but definitively a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Walking

The idea that in a Magic Dust tournament, you get fewer magic dust relics than any other type of relic is a bit ironic. If the whole point is to encourage newer players, maybe they could compromise by making provinces 10 and up give relics corresponding with the tournament type? This tweak would not affect newer players, who won’t have 10 tournament provinces of any one type anyway.

Lovec Krys

Yes, and i think that this might end very bad for most advanced cities (especialy with lots of wonder levels & expansions), since they will not be able to focus on a 2-3 tournaments for the relics and sacrifice the rest due to increasing costs and decreasing ability to train enough units if they craft a single spell (f.e. MM).
With the new distribution of relics they need to spread their resources (expiring buildings) and it is now only a matter of time until they reach the point where they will not be able to craft a single spell 24/7 without lowering their relics. The only thing protecting them is their huge stocks of those relics (in my case 10k+), so we might only hope that the Spire/Tournament SS will be changed before we get too low on those relics (my tournament score is already lowering).

And btw, some time ago (few months) i recorded a top 50 tourney players with a information of their chapter (max. ch17 then):
30 from ch17, 4 from ch16, 5 from ch15, 1 from ch 14, 4 from ch13, 2 from ch10, 1 from ch9, 2 from ch8, 1 from ch4, average chapter: 15.28.
Last tourney it was:
17 from ch18, 6 from ch17, 6 from ch16, 6 from ch15, 4 from ch14, 4 from ch13, 1 from ch11, 5 from ch8, 1 from ch4, average chapter: 15.14.
I know that this is a small sample for statistics, but the last tourney had an lower average chapter in tournament top 50 then tourney few months ago, despite players at the end of tech tree moving to a new chapter...
If this already catches the trend, then it is only a matter of time until end game players fall out of top tournament positions (and later loses the ability to maintain relic count to maintain a single spell creation).

Ainor

No one seems to have noticed yet that the kp rewards from province 10 on up in round 2 have been reduced. Yes, you get kp with every province, so that is an improvement if you just go to 16 or 20 provinces. But if you go higher, that's a net loss
no they have only been distributed over more rounds, but the total is the same (e.g sround 1 and 2: 1+4 instead of 0+5) ...

Last edited:

tradescantia

no they have only been distributed over more rounds, but the total is the same (e.g round 1 and 2: 1+4 instead of 0+5) ...
Nope. You break even up to about round 16, but it's a net loss if you do more than that. Some players do 40 or more.

Heymrdiedier

The idea that in a Magic Dust tournament, you get fewer magic dust relics than any other type of relic is a bit ironic. If the whole point is to encourage newer players, maybe they could compromise by making provinces 10 and up give relics corresponding with the tournament type? This tweak would not affect newer players, who won’t have 10 tournament provinces of any one type anyway.
I like this idea, first 9 provinces get alternating relics, the rest get the one from the week type. This seems like a good compromise.

Now only thing thats missing is something to do with your first 3 main boosted relics. I was hoping they would be used in the new spells formulae, but nope. now these relics keep piling up endlessly, before you could at least skip the weeks of your bonus, now you get them always. So basically after a few weeks of building up your boost, the tournament will give you 1/3 useless relics...

DeletedUser3726

I disagree with the comments so far. It will change the saving resources to go harder in a boosted tournament, but when you can get all relics every week, you only need enough for a week at a time to keep the MA going. It will also even out the growth of the boost for newer cities, again instead of going harder in a boosted tournament, if you get all relics every tournament you increase your boost at 1/9th the rate every week instead of a big jump in the 9th week. It actually may be better because it is cheaper in resources to try and add one extra province each week than 9 in a "boost" week.

And then changing which relics the spells needs to make the use of relics more even also sounds like a good idea. Certainly with the way it is set up if you can't player stronger for the tournament that uses the most relics currently, your MA capacity is messed up for up to 9 weeks, and this way you can correct every week.

But, it seems with the changes it does disconnect from the name of the tournament, as marble provinces gave marble relics and now with what's been described, they will give a bit of everything.

I have just started ch 5 and now have to do at least 10 provinces every week just to get more than 1 T3 relic. That is an incredibly hard slog. So now not only am I not going to increase my t3 boost any time soon my ability to craft t3 relics when they come up is also affected. This is a disaster!

PaNonymeB

I'm getting confused with all that's being said... can anyone post the exact rewards for each province ?

Pauly7

OK, so forget my previous judgement (looked closer)... No matter how many provinces you do in rounds 1 and 2 combined, you will always be better off than before to the tune of 9KP.