• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

galrond

That's for sure, but it will be "easy" for them (who know everything of their game ;-)) to create well balanced encounters although with different troop combinations and different terrains. With the new tournament you have just one encounter per province and "just" 15 types of troops mix/terrains: it should not be so difficult to balance among themselves. Are you telling me that I am overestimating INNO development team? :cool: BTW, we are here to give them suggestions, it is up to them to demonstrate, if they want, that they listen to us (till now the answer is quite clear: they claim that they listen (1 encounter instead of 4), but they do what they want (everything else)).
Well they did listen, and changed away from the total randomness in troop selection :p
And now it´s a problem that they did o_O
If you want all tournaments to be equally difficould, without total randomness in troop selection, then you need a very detailed trooprebalancing. That is in no way easy to do.

spennyit

If you want all tournaments to be equally difficould, without total randomness in troop selection, then you need a very detailed trooprebalancing. That is in no way easy to do.
So what the hell are they doing if they have no control on the game????? Grrrrrr

Heymrdiedier

Well they did listen, and changed away from the total randomness in troop selection :p
not sure if they did it the right way tho... since tournament has a 9 week cycle, they could have given the enemy setup a 10 or 5 week cycle, and then it would have balanced it out by itself, with easy way of players to prepare themselves since they know the cycle.

Lovec Krys

But to make it easy for players that wasn't the goal.
For the easy part there are the first few provinces. Every province beyond that is not ment to be easy.
Even if the troops are less random, you still have to use all the temp. buildings, since the random is still strong enough.

spennyit

But to make it easy for players that wasn't the goal.
For the easy part there are the first few provinces. Every province beyond that is not ment to be easy.
Even if the troops are less random, you still have to use all the temp. buildings, since the random is still strong enough.
So you mean that their objective is to limit the majority of players to 8 provinces? Can you explain how will we be able to do 250+ KPs reasearches if we cannot get KPs from the tournament? There are 40 researches in chapter 16 for about 7k (didn't make the calculations so it may be less or more) KPs. We get 24 KPs a day which is about 4400 KPs in the 6 months time for the chapter. Where do we get the missing 2600 KPs (which is about another 3,5 months at 24 KPs a day)? And I suspect that chapter 17 will be even worse :-( This game is becoming less fun every day :-(

Last edited:

iDavis

@spennyit maybe tournament changes are taken in account in some way, as the currently planned KP costs for chapter 17 seem to be decreased, compared with embassies. However it doesn´t change anything about pretty much decreased value of dragon abbey (since not hundred spells per tourney anymore) and relics might reach the bottom as well in the future (maybe not just for tournament hardcore players - that would be too distant future (=thousands of them)).

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@spennyit Not limit to 8, but higher provinces are increasingly difficult, well, more than enough has been written already.
It is possible to go through ch16 even without any KPs from tournaments, it just takes longer (and every other month you can get some extra KPs from events (depending what chests you click and what random gives you)).

BTW, many people have still to do chapter 16: will they low the research KPs costs?
Possible, but I doubt it.

ps: QUESTION FOR INNO: Will you remove the ORCs requirement from Orcs units (Orc Deserter & Strategists), so we can train them again?

Last edited:

T6583

I wonder if Inno is trying to supplement the KP loss due to the new tourney changes with some of the new evolving buildings. However if that's the case it really doesn't help late chapter cities where the KP demand for research is at ridiclous levels.

spennyit

I wonder if Inno is trying to supplement the KP loss due to the new tourney changes with some of the new evolving buildings. However if that's the case it really doesn't help late chapter cities where the KP demand for research is at ridiclous levels.
Just today we had a "brilliant" offer: +1 pc if you spend 5 EUR in diamonds ;-)

Deleted User - 87976

They could just make the squad sizes different depending on the tournament. This won't solve the problem that with some troops you meet unwinnable fights earlier than with others, but it would at least make tournaments more equally difficult in a sense of training enough troops to fight.

CrazyWizard

@spennyit maybe tournament changes are taken in account in some way, as the currently planned KP costs for chapter 17 seem to be decreased, compared with embassies. However it doesn´t change anything about pretty much decreased value of dragon abbey (since not hundred spells per tourney anymore) and relics might reach the bottom as well in the future (maybe not just for tournament hardcore players - that would be too distant future (=thousands of them)).

I looked at your printout and it seems at first glance to be as lackluster and chapter 16 tournament / spire wise
Guess those that decided not to do chapter 16 made the right choice so far. unless I am missing somehting like a super duper amazing wonder that reduces difficulty by 80%, increaes output 10 fold or makes all your units 100% stronger or something crazy like that it seems it will become only worse.

Dony

King of Bugs
WTF was announced on EN server today?
Are chests going to be rebalanced tommorow? Getting 10 chests were too easy?
Or WTF is that 2031 requirement?
Nobody from INNO care to explain this?
If its random number than this image shouldnt be released, you shouldnt spread false information to unrest your community, or atleast spend 5 more second to post correct image.
If its intended change what about say atleast 1 sentence about it? OR Elvenar community doesnt deserve any information at all? You only care about our monyes and thats it?
TournamentIcon.png

CrazyWizard

maybe I am reading over / missing a line or something, I only read that they are adjusting the 11+ chests
I do not read a change to the first 10

PaNonymeB

maybe I am reading over / missing a line or something, I only read that they are adjusting the 11+ chests
I do not read a change to the first 10
You're right, so this should be one of the bonus chests. But they cost much more than 2031 tornament points...

galrond

They could just make the squad sizes different depending on the tournament. This won't solve the problem that with some troops you meet unwinnable fights earlier than with others, but it would at least make tournaments more equally difficult in a sense of training enough troops to fight.
I don´t think this is a viable solution. I think squadsize should be the same in all tournaments.
not sure if they did it the right way tho... since tournament has a 9 week cycle, they could have given the enemy setup a 10 or 5 week cycle, and then it would have balanced it out by itself, with easy way of players to prepare themselves since they know the cycle.
But this solution sounds like a good one.

Alcaro

the update from en forum:

It says only > Battle difficulty for Tournament Provinces 10-21 has been lowered slightly. This also affects higher levels of previous Tournament Provinces as they have been adjusted accordingly.
The picture Dony posted it's just about layout > Once Fellowships have finished 10 Chests in the Tournament, the layout of the Tournament button on the World Map and the Tournament Chests in the Tournament Overview are updated to reflect that the bonus chests have been reached.

Still, that 2031 makes no sense.

Richord

training more troops? NO THANKS. (game update)
I want to be able to fight many provinces. not built troops that'll loose anyway!