• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

ErestorX

I’d say that the UN-winnable battles bypasses all offsets.

Unfortunately I can't test the new battles here on beta because my city is only chapter 2. But on live I am fighting against 300% enemy troop size on the map. Not all encounters, only about half of them but those are easy. I know that the new fights are different, nevertheless I am sure they are winnable with 2 firephoenixes and would have guessed that even 1 might be enough to do it. Is your claim of the opposite based on personal experience? If yes, what exactly was the problem?

galrond

No, that's not how you do it. You feed the bears after day 3, and pick up boosted production from all 3 previous days.
kk, I only have barracks, and thought you had to collect before you could start something new. This way your example is valid :cool:
That it´s not the way I thought: well sounds like a bug to me, and make the bear even more powerfull.

Dony

King of Bugs
I’d say that the UN-winnable battles bypasses all offsets.
whats the point of throwing infinite troops into death.
so don’t think there will be further offset.
There are no unwinnable fights in elvenar, and never was, you can overcome everything by strategy or by placement of combat buidlings.
For mobile users tho, you will need to place more combat buildings.

Regarding Marble tournament
Its heavy melee (around 50%-60% per slot to be heavy melee)
but with INNO rng i got in province 55+ 3 mistwalkers in 1 fight (around 10%-12% chance per slot to be LR and 33% of that to be mistwalker) which is guaranteed 1 day worth of production loses just from this single fight

PaNonymeB

Unfortunately I can't test the new battles here on beta because my city is only chapter 2. But on live I am fighting against 300% enemy troop size on the map. Not all encounters, only about half of them but those are easy. I know that the new fights are different, nevertheless I am sure they are winnable with 2 firephoenixes and would have guessed that even 1 might be enough to do it. Is your claim of the opposite based on personal experience? If yes, what exactly was the problem?
With 1 fire phoenix and 1 UUU (or 1 DA in harder tournaments) on live I have losses in tournament 5*/6*, which is enemy squad size ~1.5× mine.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

What do you mean by 300%? In the version still on Live, the enemy squad size is never more than 160% of your squad size.

DeletedUser1953

There are no unwinnable fights in elvenar, and never was, you can overcome everything by strategy or by placement of combat buidlings.
For mobile users tho, you will need to place more combat buildings.
Not true, you can not place 9-12 combat buildings (4x3) every week ^^ And the last battle in the spire is sometimes/often ... impossible.

What do you mean by 300%? In the version still on Live, the enemy squad size is never more than 160% of your squad size.
I think he speaks about world map encounter, you can have more x% (red province).

DeletedUser3289

Loads (or many) boosters can do the trick ?
im interested to know your troop loss % and boosters placed on 300% opponent. And auto battling? Winning 7/8 battles? And have you encountered some scenarios where the single battle could never be won whatever troop combinations in auto ? Also interested to know at what province number you have 300% opponents. And chapter/advanced scouts please. Thanks in advance

I agree manual battling can solve a few issues and probably most of us will do it at most first 2 weeks (or once in a while).
@Dony Auto-battling will be the long term modus operandi, for many of us. So I’m interested to know if you have stats

world map is okay as it’s limited. Tourney is unlimited

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Mistwalkers are an insane pain in the ass, a guaranteed loss of units no watter what the strategy would be.
Because they have the higest initaitive, 4 walk and 4 range they can hit anything you field.

I first of all think there should not be a unit with the higest base initiavive at the enemy with a battlefield thats in this cose of a range (it would work fin on Foe for example who's battelfield is much much larger)

Even a 3 walk or 3 range would help a lot as at least you can field some "counter" unit to absorb the first damage.
The second a mistwalker is one of your opponents, you are unable to field units that are weak to them as they dan reach all 5 of your units and will slaughter thet unit in the first round.

CrazyWizard

Loads (or many) boosters can do the trick ?
im interested to know your troop loss % and boosters placed on 300% opponent. And auto battling? I agree manual battling can solve a few issues and probably most of us will do it at most first 2 weeks (or once in a while). Auto will be the long term modus operandi.

He is talking about 2 phoenixes.

You main units in 99% of the battles are mages, light range and heavy range (frog princes)
Ranged units are by far the best units, any balance went out the window once the phoenix and combat buildings were introduced.
The ability to snipe your enemy from a safe distance is a huge strategical advantage assuming you can output enough damage (see the mortar issue where you have super snipe powers but but no damage output and they suck)
The impact that 1 phoenix has on the frog prince is tremendous, the effect of 2 phoenixes is huge.

There is a reason the nerfed the frog prince, but 2 phoenixes simply negate that nerf and improve that beyond pre nerf conditions 2 phoenixes makes them so OP you can battle almost anything.
And there are no combat buildings to buff your heavy ranged units in a comparitive way.

DeletedUser3289

He is talking about 2 phoenixes.

You main units in 99% of the battles are mages, light range and heavy range (frog princes)
Ranged units are by far the best units, any balance went out the window once the phoenix and combat buildings were introduced.
The ability to snipe your enemy from a safe distance is a huge strategical advantage assuming you can output enough damage (see the mortar issue where you have super snipe powers but but no damage output and they suck)
The impact that 1 phoenix has on the frog prince is tremendous, the effect of 2 phoenixes is huge.

There is a reason the nerfed the frog prince, but 2 phoenixes simply negate that nerf and improve that beyond pre nerf conditions 2 phoenixes makes them so OP you can battle almost anything.
And there are no combat buildings to buff your heavy ranged units in a comparitive way.
Thanks. Then his explanation doesn’t cover the entire spectrum where dogs/other units become mandatory (leading to an occasional un-winnable situation). And also the majority of us who lack 2 fire birds.

ErestorX

im interested to know your troop loss % and boosters placed on 300% opponent. And auto battling?

Typically one phoenix, 50% LP boost and sometimes a few other boosters as well, that depends on the type of tourney I play at that time. The losses are 0%-40% of my troops but would be higher in the fights I prefer to cater. But manual fighting is mandatory for most of the map encounters at 300%.

Dony

King of Bugs
@Dony Auto-battling will be the long term modus operandi, for many of us. So I’m interested to know if you have stats
I wouldnt be so sure about that, from my testing doing 60 provinces on beta 5 rounds manual combat takes about 1 hour longer then doing 60 provinces on live autocombat for me, but all this tournaments are now uncharted and it all needs to be learned again, so i guess that difference will go down for me

DeletedUser2803

but with INNO rng i got in province 55+ 3 mistwalkers in 1 fight (around 10%-12% chance per slot to be LR and 33% of that to be mistwalker) which is guaranteed 1 day worth of production loses just from this single fight
I think marble tournament always had some mist walkers? Also can't you simply negotiate that one trade? If it doesn't happen all the time it seems to be reasonable to negotiate instead of fighting in such a case.

Dony

King of Bugs
I think marble tournament always had some mist walkers?
New model is completely different then old model, we have mistwalker now in every tournament, and if i want to negotiate every fight where there is even one, i would run out of orcs/mana quite soon, even if i have milions from both

Karvest

2 phoenixes are not enough for frogs to "battle almost anything" at later provinces in current tourney setup. SS ratio difference between old tourney and new is bigger than one additional phoenix.

spennyit

Ok, the world is divided in 2:
- they who have 2+ Fire Phoenixes, 2+ Brown Bears, infinite inventory of "tree buildings" ... A very small minority, I suppose
- normal players. Probably the vast majority

I hope to hear some normal player comment about the new tournament since my small 1st chapter beta village doesn't allow me to get if a real nerfing is happening. What about province 10 differences? province 20? province 30? That would be enough.

DeletedUser2803

Ok, the world is divided in 2:
- they who have 2+ Fire Phoenixes, 2+ Brown Bears, infinite inventory of "tree buildings" ... A very small minority, I suppose
- normal players. Probably the vast majority
That division already existed before the update. But before the update the division was binary: Either you could do only low amount of tournament or you could do unlimited (only limited by provinces) amount of tournament. Now it is more fluid. The better you are the further you come, but there is no magical switch where you can either make 100 provinces on 2 stars or not.