• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

Marindor

Ok, I'm happy to hear that. And as I said: it's still very valuable feedback and important for us as well, since these are also the players who are often leading their Fellowships and play a big supporting role in their Live communities, so although not everyone shares the same playstyle, it's in no way less valuable feedback for us.

On another note: I just received confirmation that the current tournament is the first one where certain unit types will appear a bit more than others (LM, HM and HR in this case). Not as much as in the old tournaments, but still we're trying to bring back the flavor per tournament type a bit more, so if you have any comments on that, please share them!

Pauly7

On another note: I just received confirmation that the current tournament is the first one where certain unit types will appear a bit more than others (LM, HM and HR in this case). Not as much as in the old tournaments, but still we're trying to bring back the flavor per tournament type a bit more, so if you have any comments on that, please share them!
I noticed in round 1 needing to use a lot of Mages. It did feel a bit more like an old Gems Tournament... Not that I'm prepared to lose so many Mages now, haha.

Dony

King of Bugs
1. 4 classes can appear in 1 battle (either intended or not) = extremely bad for mobile users (including 2 mistwalkers)
2. still all 15 units can appear, some of them less often tho (still need all units to be trained and all combat buildings to be placed)
3. more combinations are available now since 1 unit can appear more then once (up to 4 times same unit i saw)

spennyit

@Marindor, in my fellowship in real world nobody understands why:
- you want to take away the strategy part of the "predominant" unit type(s)
- you want to make the tournament more "expensive" in term of "game resources/units" (more difficult, if you prefer)

We do 10° chest every week, but no particular "hardcore" player. We do the Spire to the gold, but we find it very difficult and "expensive". We are in chapters 8+; the majority being 14+. No double Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear. Just once in a while one of us do 10k+ points in tournament and just 2 or 3 of us can do (the others are around 2k; I am always in top 5 with 4,3k). Only very few do some manual fight.

To sum up, happy for 1 fight instead of 4, but unhappy for the actual difficulty of the Spire (since the beginning) and very unhappy for the possible tournaments changes. So I am 1, but 25 "normal" players are unhappy.

Last edited:

maxiqbert

@Marindor, in my fellowship in real world nobody understands why:
- you want to take away the strategy part of the "predominant" unit type(s)
- you want to make the tournament more "expensive" in term of "game resources/units" (more difficult, if you prefer)

We do 10° chest every week, but no particular "hardcore" player. We do the Spire to the gold, but we find it very difficult and "expensive". We are in chapters 8+; the majority being 14+. No double Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear. Just once in a while one of us do 10k+ points in tournament and just 2 or 3 of us can do (the others are around 2k; I am always in top 5 with 4,3k). Only very few do some manual fight.

To sum up, happy for 1 fight instead of 4, but unhappy for the actual difficulty of the Spire (since the beginning) and very unhappy for the possible tournaments changes. So I am 1, but 25 "normal" players are unhappy.
same for me
most of the time the top scoring player is about 3k points in my live fellowship, but everyone is afraid and wondering why

Last edited:

palmira

I am the AM of my FS live and I also got a few messages from portuguese players that know I am here on beta and I am a bit bewildered with your statement that only the fanatics are not happy with the wonderful changes in the tournaments. I have yet to know a portuguese player that is jumping in excitement for the changes to arrive on the live servers but I know more then a few outright infuriated just reading about them. Beginners, middle and end players, none are happy with the changes because even beginners with more then 2 functional neurons know that if the changes may momentarily be beneficial (only for beginners) will be a major problem pretty soon.

DeletedUser3289

Not fanatic.
still hurts. Not because it’s challenging. But because the changes are penalising our effort : expansions to Aw levels to tech tree.
So, wrong surmise associating us with fanaticism.
Requesting avoidance of personality please. @Marindor
We are gentle respectable people in real life people holding responsible positions in the world.

slide

I couldn't be classed as a hardcore player, never had 10k+ the most I had was 5.8k, but would usually get around 4.7k, I plan my tournaments carefully. I do have a brown bear but using it does depend on 3 other factors - pet food, time boosts (primarily from the spire), supply windfalls, should any one of those not be present, or in the case of boosts or windfalls in insufficient numbers then the extra troops won't be produced.

I don't have a fire phoenix, didn't get one the first time round and was unable to get the necessary artifacts to upgrade the base I crafted from the MA as I wasn't in a position to be able to log in for the whole of the Storm Phoenix event.

Last week I managed to score 3.1k, I don't have an endless supply of gold, supplies, orcs or mana and so can't go further when enemy troops become unkillable. I am awash with normal T1, T2 and T3 goods such that I could sell off some factories but what would I build there instead on those premium expansions which I bought in the early chapters? I could build more armories, but what's the point, it won't make my troops stronger, just leave more sitting in my barracks at the end of the tournament.

I'm not a casual player, I log in several times a day but neither am I a hardcore player; I'm just a regular player...

Aeva

Considering everything that has been said and my experience as dwarf in a FS on beta plus as elvenar in a FS live I must say that I have mixed feelings.
On beta I play in a FS that is not that great in tournaments and with a lot of smaller players. But, in the new system we managed to gain 10 chests by accident. It was not planned, nobody was trying, it just happened. That was a first. Before we were trying but did not succeed. So, for a mediocre FS the new system is great.
Live I play in a top FS with several top tournament players. And I fear that the new tournament system will hit some of our top players hard. They did extand with premium expansions and they have a lot of well filled AW's. We are a 10 chest and golden spire FS and we really like to stay that way. It has been a lot of hard work to come this far. Also among other reasons: because it takes a lot of guts just to go for it.
I think it is not right to implement a new tournament system that hits hard on top players who did a lot to become top players and at the same time is nice to mediocre players who are usualy either casual players or just not very good in tournaments. It must be possible to rethink the maths and maybe be a little less nice on mediocre players (who might not even care) and take more care off our top players.

Adding this later: And also: a lot of top players are in a FS with different kind of players, they play a big role not only in tournaments that benefits a FS as a whole but also as examples, tutors and coaches for new members.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

1. 4 classes can appear in 1 battle (either intended or not) = extremely bad for mobile users (including 2 mistwalkers)
2. still all 15 units can appear, some of them less often tho (still need all units to be trained and all combat buildings to be placed)
3. more combinations are available now since 1 unit can appear more then once (up to 4 times same unit i saw)
Another *facepalm* moment? it became more difficult?

Dony

King of Bugs
Update, we can even face 5 classes at the same time with highest attack ranges

t4.JPG

Another *facepalm* moment? it became more difficult?
mw.JPG

I dont know maybe i am missing something, but can any mobile user tell me how they will combat this?
If devs really desperatelly wants to have 2+ mistwalkers, then they should be banned from composition of 4 classes

DeletedUser2803

the most I had was 5.8k
Not hardcore? I'm in the top 5 guild on our server and there are only 3 players in our guild that manage to do 5.8k points. I'm top 100 tournament player on the server and I usually do around 3k. So 5.8k is not hardcore? 5.8k puts you in top 50 player range of thousands of players on a world.

DeletedUser2803

I dont know maybe i am missing something, but can any mobile user tell me how they will combat this?
HR, HR, HR, LR, LR should do the job with acceptable losses. I agree it is a tough one but it can be beaten. Anyway, how often does such a combination pop up? 1/10? 1/20? It is always possible to negotiate if there is a though nut to break in combat. Just like in Spire. You do not have to fight every single battle. If every battle was easy, what point is the negotiation option then?

Dony

King of Bugs
HR, HR, HR, LR, LR should do the job with acceptable losses.
Are you refering to old system or new system? because this squad sizes from my image are comparable to around province 90 on your live server, and if half of your units will survive on auto combat would that still feel accepted losses?

maxiqbert

Are you refering to old system or new system? because this squad sizes from my image are comparable to around province 90 on your live server, and if half of your units will survive on auto combat would that still feel accepted losses?
well, it's still a win