• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

edeba

Totally agree there on the lack of a diverse income stream that targets different price point niches.

They could introduce subscriptions that build loyalty at different price points and with different benefits. To build loyalty, the benefit has to marginally increase to maximum benefit over 6 months to a year. A player doesn't want to cancel because if they join again, they have to start over towards getting the maximum benefit. That builds loyalty.

Different things that could be including in varying plans could include:
  1. Make the kp bar hold 12kp instead of 10 and increase by 1 every other month until it holds 16
  2. Make the kp bar fill 5% faster and increase by 1% per month until it is at 20% (48 minutes)
  3. Increase the storage capacity of the main hall by 10% and increase by 1% per month until it is at 20%
  4. Reduce scout times by 15% and increased by 1% per month until it is reduced by 25%
  5. Increase military production by 5% and increase by 0.5% per month until 10%
  6. Increase goods production by 5% and increase by 0.5% per month until 10%
  7. Reduce the rate of sentient goods and/or mana and or seeds decline by 10% and increase by 1% per month until 20%
  8. Increase the speed of the MA by 5% and increase by 0.5% to 10%
  9. Add a 6th slot to the MA, or give a weekly set of bonus spells.
  10. Reduced diamond cost to reset spells, from 40 diamonds declining to 25 diamonds over 15 months.
  11. Option to purchase a set of military boosts and 2 pet food weekly (the masses price point for this is probably 3-5 dollars)
  12. Reduce tournament and/or spire battle size by 5% increasing by 0.5% to 10%.
I think you get the idea, there are lots of subscription game improvement that could be added at various price points, and the price points could start from as low as 5 euros or dollars/month to 25 euros or dollars/month or even higher, but I tend to think the price point masses would be 20 euros or dollars/month and less. This kind of idea builds a continuous income stream. A subscription plan could be a build your own, start with this base and add 1 or 2 of these benefits kind of thing.

Ex: outpost(different name at that time) was introduced at 5 euro, this was a giant succes, if you cater to the masses you look at, ok succes how can we copy this succes. what can we introduce in this price bracket to get more income.
Elvenar's response? they doubled the price.

This is what I believe there biggest failure. they always try to find the maximum possible price of every singe thing they add to the game in instead of diversifying there portfolio to improve income. if you target the masses you come up with a diverse portfolio so there are constant things people like to buy in each category.
I believe things went wrong when they decided that expansions should be many times more expensive. this was most likely in income success and since then everything was designed about maximising profit per item instead of profit in general.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

I hate subscriptions but you can offer something like that for x days for price Y, same thing but not named like that
, but you know one fun way to make all cities unique would be to change the roof colors on residences and worshops, another skin for your armory.

Easy modifications that would allow so much more individualism in each city, and that would target the casuals and the masses and it takes 0 extra time in art design for resisdences and workshops and a little for example the alternative skin for a armory but that pays itself back easy.
and you only need to build the system once.

Many simple easy cheap things to individualise your city.

Having options to customise your avatar with a hat, glasses, hat whatever, thats how microtransactions should work.

CrazyWizard

Oh I like that. I hate all the blues and browns... I don't hate them, I just hate that they're always the same.

Thats why I think such changes would be a success. but knowing them they most likely price such a feature right out of the market. as priceoptimalistion per item is always there goal instead of revenue.
This is what makes them so venerable to whales, but they made themselves vunerable by the choices they have made.

DeletedUser2630

Without special tournament buildings, with 440AW and a phoenix, I can't fight in the tower today for ever on the second floor. I'm not even talking about the third floor....

That's why I have to negotiate in the tower, so I have a problem with coins. The tower will soon be unplayable.

If an equally stupid system gets into a tournament, where I will be punished for leveling the wonders all after one level. So I have more levels for less KP (to have seeds).

We need more land, especially for those stupid races that are bigger and bigger. We don't buy land to play tournaments.
So nonsense again. I have free land to play events and races and I am also punished in the tower for that. Should I also be penalized in the tournament for that now?

I don't believe this will change, these problems have been known since they installed the tower, yet no one has done anything about it yet! I'm slowly going to announce to the team that I will end the game as soon as this nonsense reaches our server.

The game visibly does not want stratigig players. He wants sheep that will click and enjoy gifts with one KP.

You who welcome the new system do not realize that one day it will affect you.

DeletedUser3039

Many simple easy cheap things to individualise your city.

I like your idea. And I know that it has been offered more than once. Managers (or someone there) in Elvenar do not always understand what the players need and what they are willing to pay for. Definitely not for troops and badges for adventures (in my opinion):)

But I am afraid that if this is implemented, it may have a disastrous effect on the complexity of the spire or the tournament in a couple of years;)

Jaxom

I just got a request from a member of my Beta fellowship to share with the group what factors are most important in determining tournament difficulty in the new system. Some members are saying Premium expansions, others are saying is is AW levels.

No one seems happy with the new system. Our top player who could regularly get 8000 points when we did a 10-chest push says he barely got 4000 this time before his troops were gone.

So can someone summarize what the factors are so I can pass them on. Folks say there is too much in these forum threads to make sense of them!
I sent this yesterday but saw no response. Is anyone willing to clarify what is really going on in the new system so that I can share it with my Beta and live world fellowships? It really is hard to differentiate facts, speculation, and opinion in this thread.

DeletedUser2236

I sent this yesterday but saw no response. Is anyone willing to clarify what is really going on in the new system so that I can share it with my Beta and live world fellowships? It really is hard to differentiate facts, speculation, and opinion in this thread.
As far as i know no one knows the exact formula, and so what factors are affecting the cost the most. @MinMax Gamer seems to have a theory, based on what he worked out for the spire and some peoples findings for this first tournament.
But its all up for change as this is only the first test and they have already announced some changes so i am sure more will come.

DeletedUser2236

I have a question, what effect will this have on spire participation.
  1. From what I've read and heard discussed in my fellowships is that the main reason to play is to gain the time instants to boost troops, so you can go further in the tournament and gain more kp. If this tournament change means a drastic reduction in kp won then will people still play the spire for it.
  2. One of the big cost in the spire is coins and supplies (and for some orcs), if these are now going to be asked for in equally large amounts in the tournament are people going to be able to sustainable do both and if not will it be the spire that gets dropped.

Pauly7

From what I've read and heard discussed in my fellowships is that the main reason to play is to gain the time instants to boost troops, so you can go further in the tournament and gain more kp. If this tournament change means a drastic reduction in kp won then will people still play the spire for it.
It's a good question, but it could be the opposite. If the tournaments are much harder to win the same prizes maybe people will need more troops and so want their teams to go deeper into the Spire.
One of the big cost in the spire is coins and supplies (and for some orcs), if these are now going to be asked for in equally large amounts in the tournament are people going to be able to sustainable do both and if not will it be the spire that gets dropped.
How it's currently set up, absolutely not. I would be surprised if anyone manages to cater their way through both. For me, I only cater in the Spire and only fight in the tournaments. I hope to find a way to continue doing the same because I go all out to make sure my coins, supplies and orcs totals are ramped up high enough to get me through the Spire.

DeletedUser1739

As a reminder :
  • Elementary era
  • a level 14 monastery
  • needles of the storm level 7
  • a level 4 dwarf rampart
  • 61 province extensions
  • 6 premium extensions
  • 43 search extensions
  • all squads minus 4.
I did not feed my phoenix or add buildings favoring the troops. I only used the barracks units.

5th day:
I managed to make 14 provinces out of 14 in auto combat.

Review:
Fairly balanced tournament. Even without military advantage and with only troops from the barracks, we can make 14 provinces in automatic combat.
I like the fact that it is not the same troops that are requested.

Next week, I'll do the negotiations and keep you posted;)