• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

Pauly7

How do you need any boosts to defeat an enemy that has equal squad size to you? Especially when you know his units and can deploy accordingly? Plus basically everyone has sanctuary on a few levels, right? I don't see how defeating 8 provinces on 5 rounds is a challenge for anyone who understood the battle system.
Not everyone has Sanctuary levelled up and not everyone understands the combat system. For those teams trying to break through, none of this stuff is so straightforward as it is for you and I, and most of the people here discussing. If it is more difficult for a team to plan for a push week and if the score isn't propped up by the few high scoring players, then it is very easy for these players who are just starting to learn tournaments to give up. You have to make everyone believe that they'll be able to open those 10 chests.

meggi12

Well, let me see @ Marindor :
1.You making it hard for the beginners , I've just joined beta, just so I can see what the new tournament is all about, my army got killed, and I KNOW what fighters to use.
2.Looking at all numbers, you have found a way to punish your most loyal members. We have spent so many years investing in this game so you can come around and slap us for advancing the aw's and buying premium expansions, and making sure the possibilities to advance get to the minimum, why?
3. I agree with HolyElf, if you guys don't fix the issues the review for the game will be placed in the App.
Thanks INNO for always looking out for your players, must be nice...

meadle

[QUOTE = "Pauly7, message: 87566, membre: 3294"]
No, this is quite common and is now a hot topic for those wide group of fellowships who are on the cusp of tournament success, but not quite there. For a team who can get 40k once every four weeks it becomes much more difficult to play that strategy. You would have to spend four weeks saving up a whole range of resources. Possible, but more difficult to execute.

As for your profile of scores above, it is likely that all bar the top four will be able to continue as they are (maybe even do a bit better), but if the scores of the top four are cut in half, then the result is that the team no longer succeeds.
[/QUOTE]

I am in the same case and I confirm that for brotherhoods like ours it comes back to deflect our players from the tournaments

DeletedUser2300

We have lot of people who are fulltime investigating all your comments, concerns and experiences in a lot of disciplines (game designers, developers, product managers, analysts and of course also community managers and supporters).

I appreciate this! It is great knowing that efforts are being put into truly investigating possible effects once the feature is fully deployed from ALL perspectives. Also, I appreciate all that you do! I know it is not easy being the face of the announcement at the moment, being tagged left and right with frustrations oosing out of everyone ah!

Overall, I like the approach being taken. I think with a bit of a twigging, it will truly be a positive game changer!

Thank you for all that you do :)

Maillie

When I read that People do 60-80 Provinces in a Tourney I am just .... I dunno, surprised? Speechless? In disbelieve?

How can those many Provinces be any fun? Why would someone do that? (Guess the answer is: a bunch of Kps :p )
And honestly, I can't imagine that Inno had players in mind, that do 80 provinces when they introduced Tournaments ...
It's always easy to think that someone in a higher chapter "has it all!" The actuality is that as we progress we need more, a LOT more.

I have 4 rows of tech left in Chapter 16. The first of those 4 require 230 kp, 235 kp, and 230 kp. This is like almost 10 days of gathering hourly kp for EACH. The remaining rows of tech also go up in cost. We are looking at months and months of gathering nothing but kp. That is why we build AWs to help us with the tournament, so that we can finish provinces to help offset the costs of the kp that we need.

In Round 2 of the tournament each province beyond 9 pays 5 kp. Not a lot when our needs are so huge. Now we're looking at being shut down early. I fear this will have the effect that the outrageous amounts of sentient goods in Chapter 15 needed, and people will simply wander off to another game. Being able to do huge amounts of tournament provinces was ... fun. We worked for those AW's to be able to do that.

Keep in mind that a player, several chapters below you, would think that you have so much that you can just snap your fingers and move into the next chapter any time you want. If you told a Chapter One player how much your boosted made in the last 3 hours they would be "I dunno, surprised? Speechless? In disbelief?" ;)

DeletedUser2300

I have 4 rows of tech left in Chapter 16. The first of those 4 require 230 kp, 235 kp, and 230 kp. This is like almost 10 days of gathering hourly kp for EACH. The remaining rows of tech also go up in cost. We are looking at months and months of gathering nothing but kp. That is why we build AWs to help us with the tournament, so that we can finish provinces to help offset the costs of the kp that we need.

This is something else I left out @Marindor I think the team should REMEMBER that they have increased the need for KP. By my calculation, it will take approximately 6 months minimum to complete chapter 16 with the current tournament hardship, assuming the individual makes 150 just from the tournament, and thus around 300-350 kp weekly just for research. When a chapter requires 7k kp to completely, that is months of just doing one single chapter. This will literally kill the joy of the game. If the tournament remains this hard becomes the new norm, playing this game will simply become a chores and I fear many will stray away from the game. We no longer have the capability of getting PURE KP from fs tournaments chest, that was taken away...remember?

With that said, I am out for the day.
Take care all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Richord

'test away'? hm give us more options and deals so we actually can do all kinds of things instead of playing like a normal server with more frustrations.
i don't mind beta sites, but inno makes it very hard with twisted changes like this instead of implementing stuff we suggest.
We need kp's VERY BADLY, but it gets very hard.
How on earth does inno expect us to ever lvl a decent amount of wonders which a change like this?

Pauly7

I think the team should REMEMBER that they have increased the need for KP. By my calculation, it will take approximately 6 months minimum to complete chapter 16 with the current tournament hardship, assuming the individual makes 150 just from the tournament, and thus around 300-350 kp weekly just for research.
I think that's what they want to happen, considering the new chapters tend to be 6 months apart.

DeletedUser3314

On live my chapter 2 account needed the same number of goods to cater province 1 & 2 (both 2*) but here the cost increase by 55.5% between province 1 & 2. In the announcement they said catering would be about halve the current cost but with a 55,5% increase that halve is quickly gone and left far behind. :( Once again they sugarcoated their announcement, focusing on the 1 click while hoping we would ignore the rest. I call it what it really is, another lie. :mad:

Nobody really wanted to play the Spire. It wasn't until they increased the rewards that more people became interested. So when are they going to increase the rewards in the tournament to compensate for the bigger losses.

DeletedUser1953

Less province can be good.
Less reward for the same effort, it is the way with the events from 9 months (nerf !), i think we can not change your goal event if it is absurd (because you lost old gamers).
But we can adapt !

But what i can not accept, it is again more random. I hate random, there is no tactics ! I have never seen a suggestion to ask that !
Suggestions: why not change the type of units with different rotation of the tournament to delete the problem that metal is the easiest and scroll the baddest, thus units can change at each tournament (but not by province) and it is not random !

Last edited by a moderator:

PaNonymeB

How long have you played the game and when did you ever experience something that they only changed what you asked?
You can bet that if you ask for A you get B and C as a "bonus" since that only happened, like.... every time?

If each time you ask for a cookie and you get one with a kick in the groin, asking for a cookie = asking for a kick in the groin
Do you vote against every idea because if INNO implements it they will implement a bigger nerf with ?

CrazyWizard

Do you vote against every idea because if INNO implements it they will implement a bigger nerf with ?

No but I will vote agains the ones where it's obvious what this change beholds, If I can predict a move associated with it thats worse than the cure I vote agains it.

If the idea is good and there are no predictable consequences related to it I will vote yes.

Rascadya

Me again,
it means that i've invested in extensions (diams=money) and this investment returns against me in the tournament... normal ? don't think so.
Also, my golden abyss lvl 28 (pop and gold then no fight bonus) returns against me in tournament... normal ? don't think so.
What about the squad size upgradings i've invest in, doesn't help me ATM...
And more... and more...
Time to think about...

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

On live my chapter 2 account needed the same number of goods to cater province 1 & 2 (both 2*) but here the cost increase by 55.5% between province 1 & 2. In the announcement they said catering would be about halve the current cost but with a 55,5% increase that halve is quickly gone and left far behind. :( Once again they sugarcoated their announcement, focusing on the 1 click while hoping we would ignore the rest. I call it what it really is, another lie. :mad:

Nobody really wanted to play the Spire. It wasn't until they increased the rewards that more people became interested. So when are they going to increase the rewards in the tournament to compensate for the bigger losses.

The way I understand it is you take the amounts of goods for the four encounters in the old system, add them together, and then divide that in half to supposedly get the amounts for the new system. But I have not catered anything so far in my chapter 4 city. I keep forgetting to even look at the amounts, since I have completed the first two stars of the eight provinces I have available by auto-fighting.