• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

DeletedUser3289

I think it's time to show a bit of intelligence and annonce already a softer version. Something along your announcement : those 5000 points were OK to me 1380 isn't
5k or 1.38k is a personal remark based on our own performance.
Someone making 18k will feel offended.
a wrong is a wrong. Big or small.

maxiqbert

5k or 1.38k is a personal remark based on our own performance.
Someone making 18k will feel offended.
a wrong is a wrong. Big or small.
not true
1) one is announced, the other isn't
2) one is enough to try and grab one or more of the new chests the other isn't even enough to finish the "old" 10

DeletedUser724

Well, there was this: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/tournaments-reduce-tournament-encounters.12885/
and iirc a similar discussion on the US forums had wide-spread support.

Just like removing the penalty for researching optional Squad size techs is a good idea by itself, reducing the encounters from 4 to 1 (like they did from 8 to 4) is a good idea by itself with very little downside. (less practice for newbs is valid)

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't combine our feedback on these into one idea.
I mean if I suggested that inno give everyone cookies, but they gave us cookies and a kick in the bikini area would you blame my cookie idea?

I just claim down a little lit
I think reduce click, it should reduced like that

Player offer 3 click
1st click to open
2nd click..how many province u want to complete with amount of provices click for choose
<e.g choose 100 provinces u want to complete>
3rd click "done"

ALL FINISH

solution 1....granted you completed 100 provinces without using your army
solution 2...AI work out how many provinces u can with your existing amount of soldier
if u do not have any more soldier to do 40 province, so it grant u completed 39 province

super less click, just 3 click , u are finished by Inno

CrazyWizard

Now now, just because inno released a tournament rebalancing on the same day as they released the combining 4 provinces into one does not mean this was one idea or suggested by any player.

The request was simple: combine 4 fights into 1, use the average and multiply costs by 4. Simple, easy, quick. and fair.
Inno for their own reasons decided on a total balance and difficulty overhaul which has nothing to do with the request to reduce clicks.

Your anger is misplaced.

How long have you played the game and when did you ever experience something that they only changed what you asked?
You can bet that if you ask for A you get B and C as a "bonus" since that only happened, like.... every time?

Well, there was this: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/tournaments-reduce-tournament-encounters.12885/
and iirc a similar discussion on the US forums had wide-spread support.

Just like removing the penalty for researching optional Squad size techs is a good idea by itself, reducing the encounters from 4 to 1 (like they did from 8 to 4) is a good idea by itself with very little downside. (less practice for newbs is valid)

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't combine our feedback on these into one idea.
I mean if I suggested that inno give everyone cookies, but they gave us cookies and a kick in the bikini area would you blame my cookie idea?
If each time you ask for a cookie and you get one with a kick in the groin, asking for a cookie = asking for a kick in the groin

FieryArien

I am going to write a review in play store.
Lets give our honest rating and review in play store ( or App Store)
That seems a bit harsh after trying just the initial proposal of the tournament overhaul, doesn’t it? Please give Inno a chance. If they refuse to make adjustment after the feedback they got (of if the adjustments are inadequate in your eyes), then of course feel free to give the review! Thanks. ;)

Pauly7

Ha, gotta love your analogies!

In this case, though, I think you perfectly illustrate both your own point and @CrazyWizard's. I mean, no there shouldn't be a link between the cookies and the bikini kicking. However, if you kept asking Inno to give me cookies and every time you did I got a kick in the bikini, I'd turn back to you and say please stop asking Inno to give me cookies.

You're right though. Completely separate issues and we shouldn't have to link the two. Inno has a habit of wrapping up a nerf in a thinly veiled excuse for a benefit, but it doesn't mean the nerf wouldn't have happened anyway. It just may have been presented differently.

DeletedUser3289

That seems a bit harsh after trying just the initial proposal of the tournament overhaul, doesn’t it? Please give Inno a chance. If they refuse to make adjustment after the feedback they got (of if the adjustments are inadequate in your eyes), then of course feel free to give the review! Thanks. ;)
Okay. Will give Inno a chance as you asked. Also @Marindor sent me a pm. So i guess I have to honour his request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

Please just remember we're all here to Beta test this new thing, so just stay constructive. We're gathering the feedback, looking into specific situations, comparing things, making analyses etc. These things take time and that's what this Beta phase is for. If this testing gets you frustrated, just take a step back, or stop testing for a while until you can start again with a clear mind. There's no need to let it get to you or make it personal or sarcastic. Just test away, let us know what you think in a constructive way and we'll get working on it. We're looking into all the feedback and of course when we have any news to share, we will do so. Also please don't be afraid that your comment might be worthless, because all experiences and concerns are valuable to us, especially in this early testing phase.

galrond

Well I haven´t read all above posts, but I grasped a few things along the way.
1) There seemed to be a disagreement, that you´re a "hardcore" player in tournament, if you make 5000+ points. 5000 points put you in top 2% on DK server. I think that qualifies as hardcore.
2) Inno stated that they wanted to make 1. round harder as you progressed through the provinces. So why are ppl acting surprised, that province 30 is way harder than it used to be? The idea is to make ppl. do fewer provinces, but more rounds.
3) Inno has goofed up with the catering prices, and maybe also the way they calculate enemy army size.
4) Ppl think it´ll be harder to get the chests. Well if Innos intentions are followed, it should be the same, if ppl do more rounds. But we´ll see.
5) One thing is clear: fewer VP will be earned. But that was part of the idea.
I think there´s both good and bad in their plans:
- Not making catering and enemy army size solely depend on your squad size: GOOD. It made you feel like a total retard for increasing it...
- Always make the enemy army consist of 5 squads: BAD. It makes it less likely to get a "good" match-up, where all are countered. The enemy army is supposed to equally strong no matter how many squads it´s divided into.
- The catering requests are independent of the province type: GOOD. More likely to get what you need from trader. I´m not sure what to think about paying coins/supplies/mana. It works in the spire, but that´s fewer encounters.
- The enemy troop type are independent of province type. In combination with always 5 squads: BAD. It makes it even less likely to get a good match-up.
- Only one encounter in province: GOOD. It is pulled down a bit by the enemy army selection.
- Increasing difficuldty depending on province number: Undecided. I like the idea of easy "starter" provinces, but making it to hard afterwards is not good. So much depends on breakeven point.

edeba

Which colors show contrast for you? I think tweaking it is a good suggestion, but if they don't know which colors you need for contrast, tweaking might not make any difference.

I have not read this full thread but one suggestion that I thought of was this -the icon for the provinces was not easy to find this time around. Maybe it is because I am colorblind for certain shades of red and green and I am not a very observant person, but the icon you used to use stood right out. This is just a minor point - but I think it could be tweaked just a bit

Ursus Major

Hello everyone
I have take the time, as mage, to discuss with my two fellowships on the live.
Well, the reaction is clear.
For the first one where we are in the top 3 in Arendyll, none of them do the combat. They are playing automaticaly, and they don't like the donjon because of the cost of it. So if the system comes in live, a huge part of them will abandoned the game ones for all, and the second part, will not do the tournament anymore.
For the second one in Felyndral, they all are desperate of it !
For the two fellowships, big fighters will not be able to help their fellowship to achieve the ten chests.
and the smallest one will be blocked because we can't give them coins or materials.... They can't craft unleashed unit in academy, or have dwarven armories.....
So At the end, who will be able to play ? Your new system is beneficial for whom ?
You said that Inno have add 9 new chests ... But what the point if it's not to be bble to reach the ten... with less rewards ???
And really you asked more effort for less rewards.
No pleasure anymore. We feel cheated, betrayed.
You wanted us to believe it's for the better, and it’s much much worse.

DeletedUser2803

For the orc costs I realised, that before you would have to pay orcs in every encounter, 4 encounters per province. Now it is 1 encounter per province and you have to pay orcs in about every 4th province. So I guess while initially it seems to be high orc costs when they appear, overall the total orc costs should actually be lower (unless the costs increased by a factor of 16?). Can anyone confirm? Also if orcs show up and you happen to have none left, you can now avoid them specificly by fighting this one encounter.

CrazyWizard

For the orc costs I realised, that before you would have to pay orcs in every encounter, 4 encounters per province. Now it is 1 encounter per province and you have to pay orcs in about every 4th province. So I guess while initially it seems to be high orc costs when they appear, overall the total orc costs should actually be lower (unless the costs increased by a factor of 16?). Can anyone confirm? Also if orcs show up and you happen to have none left, you can now avoid them specificly by fighting this one encounter.

Usually you start with 7-20 orcs or so? so 112-360 orcs in your example, assuming you actually negotiatied all your encounters before as well.
If you mixed fighting and negotiation the costs are totally different.

Also I noticed much higher numbers than the one stated above in a similar situation.

Pauly7

Also, Orcs are often a pinch point where people don't have excess numbers of them at all. When fighting tournaments this wasn't a problem, but if they're making the fighting too hard, but saying "hey, but at least the catering is cheaper", none of it matters if we have to shell out Orcs in significant numbers. It matters not whether the goods cost is cheap or if we're holding those in the millions.

Rascadya

hello, i was wondering... this changes in tournaments are done to disgust ppl ? Because this is the case. The fighters are disgusted... impossible to make the same numbers of provinces... they think it will be already so difficult to finish the 10 chests with those changes... what about the 19 ??? Also a part of my FS is searching another game to play... it seems time to review the fights because they are too hard atm... ty

T6583

Just a thought. Since there is a confirmed bug affecting new / small cities because the squad sizes for tourney are being calculated incorrectly is it possible that this bug is also affecting larger more advanced cities as well in turn throwing off the difficulty?