• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

meadle

I signed up just to give my opinion

the random troop why not

The extra safes are good

for the rest I agree with the majority. I am archmage of two small brotherhood on the other world from time to time to get my players to make the tournaments I make big score to offer the plan to all my players with this system it becomes impossible I’m thinking about closing my parts.

Yogi Dave

it will generally be more rewarding to play the provinces on higher levels, instead of e.g. 20 provinces on level 1.
Although you mention round 1, it's round 2 that gives 5kp per prov. Round 5 gives 6kp per prov, but many people just do 2 rounds and don't even think about doing 5 for many reasons. It's not just about points scored in the provs. It's about what you get and one of the main rewards is kp. Stopping at prov 20, but doing them for 5 rounds generates 121 kp (provs 10 - 20), but the difficulty is much greater than the old method. It's 158% in round 1 for prov 20 which was only 85% before. Round 2 is 161.6% which is higher than round 6 for any prov before since the max was 160%. To get the 120 kp starting with prov 10 means doing through prov 40. The difficulty for that prov is around 210%

This produces a much, much higher percentage of losses regardless of the formula for computing tourney squad size. In the end, it doesn't matter what the squad size becomes if you can't win the battles. From what I experienced today and what others are saying, it becomes unsustainable to produce enough troops to perform anywhere near where we did before.

Yes, it will help the newer players a lot. Yes, fewer battles need to be fought, (especially since we can't do as many provs) but it pretty much removes any need to have added the new chests. I guess the loss of kp income doesn't matter as much either since upgrading AWs now makes it even harder to do well in tourneys too.

This is a very depressing turn in the game. It seems the game is turned back to making pretty looking cities, which is not my cup of tea.

Deleted User - 81190

My squad size was 2, enemy’s was just 1. Somehow I fail to understand how this tournament rebalance is supposed to make the entry easier for small/new players. If I were new and if I had such cruel first experience, it certainly wouldn’t help with getting me hooked to the game. :confused:
OK, I have no idea how this fight resulted in a loss. So you had 5x 1* LR vs 4x 1* mage and HM (which LR are good against) and only 1 counterunit. You had 2x squad size vs your enemies. LR units have highest initiative in the game, so you'd poo-poo them first. LR is, well, ranged.

This loss makes no sense whatsoever. If in addition to all other things these kinds of fights will result in losses, than might as well stop playing tournaments completely, at least on autofight.

Richord

CHANGE IT BACK
i lost 4x with 4 sets of different units that all surely should have beaten the darn enemies! (only prov 11, no boosters)
I can't even recall the last time I lost 3 times and barely 2 times.

palmira

6 provinces on 6 rounds are enough to get 10 chests. Hard to believe a top fellowship couldn't achieve that? The first 6 provinces are definitly easier than they have been before, especially on later rounds.
You are thinking in 25 members FS and FS where everybody contributes to the tourney. Here on beta I can bet it will be quite complicated to get 10 chests; live we will have no problems but I am sure most of the other high rank FS that rely on the high scores of 2,3 members will have problems

Enevhar Aldarion

Just going by my numbers for my little start of chapter 4 city. I only have 5 provinces available, but more to scout still and complete. Looking at the enemy squad progression compared to mine, the enemy will have squads larger than mine starting in the 9th province. Does that match up correctly? And when I am at 100% of my regular squad size in province 10, the enemy will about 115% of my squad?

CrazyWizard

What ever happened to the concept of encouraging people to play a game because it's enjoyable?

To many idiots complained they had to many clicks now that they did 40 provinces instead of 20,
This is now completly solved, only 1 fight per province instead of 4 and no more 20+ provinces.

A double whammy for the complainers, they got what they wanted

Yogi Dave

You are thinking in 25 members FS and FS where everybody contributes to the tourney. Here on beta I can bet it will be quite complicated to get 10 chests; live we will have no problems but I am sure most of the other high rank FS that rely on the high scores of 2,3 members will have problems
Agreed, getting the 10-chest of live will still be easy. However, what about all the individual KP we will not be getting? I'm very fond of getting over 500 kp from a tourney.
To many idiots complained they had to many clicks now that they did 40 provinces instead of 20,
This is now completly solved, only 1 fight per province instead of 4 and no more 20+ provinces.

If the change was just 1 battle per prov, it would be ok, though I wasn't for the 1 fight per prov. To me that change doesn't matter. The problem is they also changed the way squad size is computed and changed the difficulty to ramp up way to fast by prov number. These last two are what the problem is about. I sure these changes were not what was asked for and it's certainly not a 'be careful what you asked for' type of consequence. I liked @SoggyShorts description of the whole package in the US forum "Are they giving us what they perceive as healthy Brussel sprouts and tying it together with ice cream in an attempt to avoid an all-out revolt?"

edeba

I did not have orcs in the tournament and it was shocking how many I needed for catering. I am in woodelves here and I how exponentially the growth for them went through the chapters, well, not looking forward to seeing this on live at all.
I did notice that orcs cost were trough the roof, 3400 orcs at the first province in the 3rd round. thats massive if you consider a armory at level 37 produces 1600 per 12 hours.
I also noticed each province keeps the same catering cost in each round. so the first province 6 rounds will cost 24300 orks!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?

I burned through a huge amount of troops for the first level and I stopped using troops at province 20 or so. I do not have troops for probably levels 4-6. I tried where I don't think I would have if it wasn't new. I was just assessing the degree of how disastrous this change is to me. And, it was exactly as expected and all of the concerns expressed before the release are valid. I am currently pretty flush with goods, so I don't know if what I did is sustainable at all.

Well that we could do less was expected, the main question is what would you be able to do next week?
Because it sounds like this week you trew in all recources you had saved up for "long" while.

We play the tournament for the rewards. Getting slaughtered by province 20 is NOT rewarding or fun. I used all of my coin and supplies, so just based on that what I did today is not sustainable. There's no way you can do the tournament and the spire at the same time without using coin and supply instants. Being forced into visiting the entire map for coin isn't fun either, and I can see that will be a required activity to keep up.

We are still looking into all account details, but what might be good to already emphasize, is that in this new setup, it will generally be more rewarding to play the provinces on higher levels, instead of e.g. 20 provinces on level 1.

DeletedUser2954

ive done a quick check between my cities on beta and Atebdyll. For province 12 first round on Beta my squad size is 1927 enemy squad size is 2409. I am outnumbered by 25% and the enemy have access to all troop type combos, catering it is asking for level 2 goods level 3 goods and 10k mana.

For the same province on live my squad size is 1966 (I am 3 chapters further on in live) the average enemy squad size is 1738 so I outnumber them by 12% and they only have access to 3 troop types. Catering costs are for level 1 goods
even 2 goods level 3 goods and 355 orcs.

so it’s 37% harder to fight now on Beta, and that’s not taking into account the enemy now has a wider troop choice tha I do and if I lose my army is all dead in one try.

palmira

Absolutely, I remember I was sort of insulted when I voted against it in the last poll here on beta. If you want to have fun take a look at the whole thread. I really don't like to have been right about what would happen...

Potvorisko

Hm, I am thrully disapointed. It is even worse than I expected. I did just 13 provinces, 1*, I am not willing to do more. If your goal was to ruin the tournaments, you nailed it! Now you can erase the hint from inicial screen, that tournament is important source of relics and KP. It is not any more.

You maybe save some klicks, and be have now one encounter instead of one, but if we want to survive, we need to to the fight manually and it is not saving clicks neither the time... Players, who had less time and were doing turnament in two rounds are doomed, they will no longer bring enough tournament points for fellowship.

All wonders, buildings for life or strenth are almost useless, because the amount of troops against us is so huge...

Why are you giving us more AW to level, when you diminishing our chances to gain more KP?

If the changes should be like this, fire the one you worked on this and just keep the old version of tournaments, otherwise you have just ruined my favourite part of the game.

DeletedUser3340

[QUOTE = "Marindor, post: 87339, membro: 626"]
Cari Umani ed Elfi,

Le modifiche al torneo che sono state annunciate qui sono state implementate. Per fare una chiara distinzione tra feedback pre-release e post-release, utilizzare questo thread per qualsiasi feedback dopo la (prima) esperienza con il sistema attuale. Se desideri rileggere il feedback prima dell'uscita, dai un'occhiata qui.

Cordiali saluti,
La tua squadra Elvenar

DeletedUser2954

I have just looked at the poll, I wonder if the result would have been different if the question was not should we reduce the number of encounters by province but

should we reduce the number of encounters give the enemy access to all troop types for every encounter for every tournament and Completely change the way the difficulty for catering and fighting is calculated??????

i don't like the changes to the tournament. if they want to reduce clicks, then lower the provinces from 4 to 2 or 3. 1 province is going to be much to expensive for early chapter players to even consider participating. it's already difficult to participate in the tourney in the first 2 or 3 chapters while unlocking boosted goods and troops, now it's going to be pretty well impossible. i think the game designers should return the tourney to the way it was, and stop messing with the game. they're already making the events and the Spire resemble Forge of Empires, stop trying to turn the tournaments and the rest of Elvenar into FoE. if we wanted to play Forge, that's where we'd be playing already, not here in Elvenar.

DeletedUser3340

Ma siete veramente convinti di tutto questo ????????
Sapete cosa succederà? Che molti abbandoneranno il gioco una volta x tutte
Ma chi e` il GENIO che ha studiato sta cosa ????
A chi sta bene questa castrazione significa che non ha mai ottenuto punti decenti nei tornei, CAPITO?
Se volete migliorare cambiate strada!
Ci va una marea di truppe x realizzare un 30% di quello che stiamo facendo adesso
Siete sicuri ????
Pensateci bene xke TUTTI i giocatori con cui sono confrontati in queste poche ore vogliono abbandonare il gioco.
Non vi capiamo !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
should we reduce the number of encounters give the enemy access to all troop types for every encounter for every tournament and Completely change the way the difficulty for catering and fighting is calculated??????
That is not true, enemy can have only 15 units now, all shared 9 other units were removed and they were all strong

Last edited: