• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

The Tournament changes that have been announced here have now been implemented. To make a clear distinction between pre-release and post-release feedback, please use this thread for any feedback after your (first) experience with the current system. If you would like to read back the feedback from before the release, please take a look here.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Dony

King of Bugs
Tournament Squad Size is scaled by 20% of our spire squad size from first enounter in spire
which means by calculation it should be like this
province 5 = 1st encounter in spire
province 10 = 1st guardian in spire map 1
province 15 = 2nd guardian in spire map 1
province 20 = last boss in spire map 1
province 25 = last boss in spire map 2
province 30 = last boss in spire map 3
province 60 = 2x SSS from last boss in spire map 3
etc

province 1 round 2 = province 2 round 1
which means its scaled by 20% between each round aswell

DeletedUser724

Thanks to Inno
I break my record : Suffer total lost in round 1....lost tons of soldier
it is just like playing spire...total lost
I have to stop......tournament is no longer playable...and elvenar is no longer good to play
please turn it back to 4 encounters

iDavis

First thing I appreciate is that old individual rewards from provinces remained (I expected to be disatisfied here, but at least from this point (completed 1st round) it looks good). That makes me a reason to say motivation remains even though increased difficulty - so first goal might be accomplished.

Then the second thing I expected to be disappointed about - randomization of units. And that´s where all the fun ends. This way I actually don´t consider tournaments to get less repetitive than before. Units might vary from fight to fight, but what is going to be repetitive now, is the preparation for them. Just train all units without difference, every week. I like how I made my strategies for scheduling specific unit productions for specific days to catch following tournaments..

CrazyWizard

It's very hard to compare the 2, for one the SS is much bigger than on live, but at least in the first encounters your enemy is comparative very very weak.

I did notice that orcs cost were trough the roof, 3400 orcs at the first province in the 3rd round. thats massive if you consider a armory at level 37 produces 1600 per 12 hours.
I also noticed each province keeps the same catering cost in each round. so the first province 6 rounds will cost 24300 orks!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?
I do not know how this could be consideren "easier" then before lol

Thats humongous

SS compared to live is ~18x that of live under the same condition but your enemy at least at start is a lot weaker more like 6% of your SS instead of 80 at the first round on live.

So I still havent found a way how to compare them

Last edited:

Maillie

Although my beta city is in chapter 16 it's not my largest city, by far, due to the cost of diamond expansions. By the 20th province I was able to win with most of my troops dead. I think I gave up by the 23rd province. I fear I'm going to be in real trouble in the big city, no more diamond buying for me. Perhaps you need to think of a way to enable each military training building to operate separately, allowing us to rebuild all level of troops at once; otherwise, we will not be able to retrain troops fast enough for the next round. This bites hard, since I enjoyed fighting.

maxiqbert

the rate at which the enemy gets more troops than you do is crazy

I'd think playing 20 provinces should be doable, now it isn't.
province 20, 1st star
1er tour, province 20.jpg

At this stage, the enemy has already more than +50% troops on you
that's clearly not reasonable.
I'd say this is the point where you should break even. Remember this is only the first round!

Heymrdiedier

Tournament Squad Size is scaled by 20% of our spire squad size from first enounter in spire
which means by calculation it should be like this
province 5 = 1st encounter in spire
province 10 = 1st guardian in spire map 1
province 15 = 2nd guardian in spire map 1
province 20 = last boss in spire map 1
province 25 = last boss in spire map 2
province 30 = last boss in spire map 3
province 60 = 2x SSS from last boss in spire map 3
etc

province 1 round 2 = province 2 round 1
which means its scaled by 20% between each round aswell
so let me see if i read this right, if you do more then 30 provinces, its wayyyyy more expensive then spire. And the most common feedback of spire is/was that its too expensive....

the rate at which the enemy gets more troops than you do is crazy

I'd think playing 20 provinces should be doable, now it isn't.
province 20, 1st star
View attachment 7544
At this stage, the enemy has already more than +50% troops on you
that's clearly not reasonable.
I'd say this is the point where you should break even. Remember this is only the first round!

province 20 used to be the breaking even point, being tournament ss = your ss researched. How is this now for you? whats your current troopsize

Sepulba

Hmm, you dont make it less difficult, but more difficult. In Province 14 I was fighting agains squadsize 2100, and I have 972. This size was before in province 25+. WTF?
And in this tournament I was fighting primary with Archers, and if I good remember it should be heavy range unit.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hmm, you dont make it less difficult, but more difficult. In Province 14 I was fighting agains squadsize 2100, and I have 972. This size was before in province 25+. WTF?
And in this tournament I was fighting primary with Archers, and if I good remember it should be heavy range unit.
When trying to decide if its harder or easier now, do not forget to take into account that previously 4 fights, is now 1 fight. So i don't think you can look at the base numbers and compare them, it would be better to compare your total losses/costs.

CrazyWizard

ok so SS 18!!!!!x as high

Enemy round 1:
Province 1: SS*14%
Province 2: SS*26%
Province 3: SS*38%
Province 4: SS*50%
Province 5: SS*63%
Province 6: SS*75%

The pattern seems to be ~+12% per province

This means from province 7 and onwards in round 1 it will be more difficult than on live, untill that point it's easier in a player vs enemy comparison.
But seriously 18!!!!! times the SS on live? WTF?, how does that compare to 4x?

Alcaro

My experience:
I did 20 provinces, died twice in province 21 and not going to cater that > 330k tools, 32k crystal, 32k silk.
I will post 3 pictures with my troops: 1. before starting the tourny, 2. after finished prov. 20, 3. after trying twice and being defeated in prov. 21.Beta_1_start.jpgBeta_2_20 prov.jpgBeta_3_prov 21.jpg

I used 1 MMM, 1 ELR and Fire Phoenix (I didn't get an UUU in MA for weeks).

EDIT - I am in ch.15 and I have most of the fighting Wonders upgraded to lvl.11 or above, SS 2721

Last edited: