• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Tome of secrets

• Thread starter DeletedUser1628
  • Start date

DeletedUser1628

Dear elvenar players,
A question about the new ancient wonder "the tome of secrets" is woefully underpowered to be worth constructing. It produces 1KP per day (rising to 3 at max) - very poor and 500 supplies per scout. I am currently at 290 provinces scouted, scouting time 3.25 days and rising. So 500 supplies every 3.25 days is paltry. Surely a scout time reduction would have been a better reward.
Thank you for your consideration.

DeletedUser867

Chapter III needs 30 sectors to unlock the Advanced Scouting Chest, not 300. It's designed for entry level players.

Extra supplies are EXACTLY what you'll need to train the troops that you'll need to acquire those sectors that you just scouted, so that you'll be able to unlock the chest.

DeletedUser

During Level III Research - 500 supplies will run a barracks for about an hour. Insignificant.

For an early player, this kind of Wonder is distracting and misleading. If they build it, they'll have less space for essentials - population, culture, goods. If they upgrade it, eventually it will become useless and occupy space to no purpose. But, given that KP was invested into it, the player won't want to delete it. If they do, they lose scoring KP.

We can wait for final judgment until we see all the Wonders and see if - by some magical combination - they provide some advantage to beginning players.

DeletedUser1628

Chapter III needs 30 sectors to unlock the Advanced Scouting Chest, not 300. It's designed for entry level players.

Extra supplies are EXACTLY what you'll need to train the troops that you'll need to acquire those sectors that you just scouted, so that you'll be able to unlock the chest.
Katwijk, my point refers to the fact that it takes me over 3 days to scout a province, I have scouted 290 provinces, the reward from scouting in relation to return is minimal. I finished tech tree long ago. the time between scouting is too long. as for troops if I lost over 500 troops obtaining a province I am not fighting very well, troop replenishment is usually done within 2 days, even when I am doing tournament as well