• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The trouble with set buildings

edeba

So, it seems set building are here to stay and their function is awful.

There were improvements made around trying to move and build things for when you are in the process of redesigning you city, but this is still lacking even without the annoyance of set buildings added to the mix.

I still lift buildings out of the way ALL of the time to see what's behind them, and with the set buildings, well, only a designer oblivious of how they actually work to play with them could have come with how awful they are to actually use in the game. The build resets its timer if you need to see behind it. If you are trying to move things around, the building resets for every little move and you are inundated with annoying pop-ups telling you that by moving the building it will reset. So, pick up the building to see a piece and try to figure out exactly where you need the cursor to get that hidden road or 1x1 hiding behind the set building, and up comes a pop-up, there goes your reference of what you are trying to do to get rid of the pop-up, so it might actually take a few tries to get it right.

The buildings becoming transparent when something else is being build was a wimpy solution to the inability to see through the building when you need to as often you aren't building, you are trying to find what is hiding behind the building. I still think a "flat' mode would be really helpful.

It would be nice to actually consider how these ideas feel to play with them because there is consistently horrible game play design implemented, and then it is a total need for redesign to fix it to something not so awful to play with and it just seems that thinking through how something is going to feel to play with in the game in advance would be nice.

SoggyShorts

There is a reason why they reset if you move them.

If they didn't, you could rearrange all of them so that building "A" gets a full set bonus, collect from it, then rearrange so that building "B" gets the full set bonus etc.

Flat mode would be nice though. Personally, I just use EA.

edeba

Last time I rearranged I used elvenstats to get an up-to-date copy of my city from EA many times through the process to help see, but this really simply speaks to how poor a solution the buildings only going transparent when you are actually building as rearranging is huge...

Flat mode would be nice though. Personally, I just use EA.

maxiqbert

IS the flat mode, I'd vote for it
all the more so when you can't get an up to date view of your city because there was an update of the gam:efrown:

DeletedUser1584

Do you if the set come back. I am very sad because i need a Phoenix lighthouse to finish my phoenix set.