• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce The Spire timer is frozen

Shereana

Game version: v1.174-beta.1-(b391d45) - html5 (2023-04-06 09:06)
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 111.0 (64-bit)
Operating System or Mobile Device: PC Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Shereana
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: ?/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)
1/5

Current situation:
When the Spire was near its end, timer stopped working and have frozen on 42 seconds. After the Spire was finished (on time) an error message appeared (not on the screen, about the Spire is not running anymore, clicked on in accidentally, so no screenshot). After this, any action in the Spire with chest did nothing, but when I tried to take a look on FS advancement scale how many point we have in the archive, error message appeared.

Expected situation:
The timer is working correctly.
My opinion (don't know if technically it should work like this): After the Spire finished in case of being in the Spire player is moved to the city automatically with the message about the end of the Spire.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Wait for the Spire to be near its end.
2. Do your last-minute routine (in my case - negotiating).
3. Watch timer till the end without leaving the Spire.

Screenshots of the bug:
1680901471518.png

Last edited:

Karvest

There are a lot of timers that suddenly stop counting at random moment. Reopening of the window in which the timer is located helps with refreshing it. Error on screenshot is standard server response when client tries to request something that should not be requested, like querying FS spire progress when spire is not active. If the timer don't freeze - it works like in your expected situation.

Shereana

Thank you, Karvest, for clarification. Then, as much as I understand, there are 2 issues (may be, connected). The 1st one is known - the one with the timer.

The 2nd one is that after receiving notification about the Spire not active anymore, I wasn't ported to the city. Either because this functionality is bugged (by itself or because it somehow is frozen with the timer), or because it is not yet finished (I don't remember receiving such a notification on live server). But this is up to technical staff to find out why.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Shereana thanks for your report! Due to the nature of the issue, we can't test until the next end of Spire. When that happens, we will attempt to reproduce the issue

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
My apologies @Shereana, and thanks for your patience. Unfortunately due to real life getting in the way I keep missing the end of the Spire. I hope to be able to test this coming week!

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Shereana I couldn't reproduce your issue, as my timer did not freeze. When the Spire ended I was just booted back into my city
It's likely that what Karvest said above is correct, and the issues occurred for you simply because the timer froze, which would likely be a temporary connection issue, and not a bug in the game code