• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Phoenix Cult

Buttrflwr

Are ALL the daily prizes going to require street connections? These do me NO good. I am towards the end of Orcs, so no mana for me, and I don't need these bldgs. :( Sigh.

SoggyShorts

Are ALL the daily prizes going to require street connections? These do me NO good. I am towards the end of Orcs, so no mana for me, and I don't need these bldgs. :( Sigh.
Bleh. Orcs is the worst chapter for events. :( Most non-event Woodelf buildings are better than orc event buildings (or close enough that it doesn't matter)
I recommend to my FS members that they go for instants and military temp buildings in orcs, since those are not scaled by chapter.
EDIT Wishing wells is my new recommendation.
Note: I have not actually checked the orc-level event rewards for this event, but it's held true for all previous ones.

Last edited:

Buttrflwr

Bleh. Orcs is the worst chapter for events. :( Most non-event Woodelf buildings are better than orc event buildings (or close enough that it doesn't matter)
I recommend to my FS members that they go for instants and military temp buildings in orcs, since those are not scaled by chapter.
Note: I have not actually checked the orc-level event rewards for this event, but it's held true for all previous ones.

It is still true. I am patiently waiting on instants, as I didn't have enough essence to go for the military on DAY 2. :eek::oops::rolleyes: #savingup :D

Karvest

Grand prizes in orcs are anyway more than x1.3 times better than regular orcs buildings. Taking military temp buildings at double feathers days should give all of them.
+ wishing wells maybe worth trying to get, not sure they worth building in orcs, since they occupy a lot of space for 3 months, but their main production (KP and Diamonds) is not scaled by chapters, so you can just leave it in inventory until you get to the endgame and will be waiting for new chapter with a lot of space free from any guest race.

SoggyShorts

wishing wells
Riiiiiight.
Wishing wells>instants&temps.
Each wishing well gives 10% chance of 10 diamonds twice a day for 100 days.
On average a wishing well is worth 200 diamonds and 20 KP over 3 months, with some consolation prizes and decent culture(I think?)

Obviously for players that buy diamonds, the value of a wishing well drops dramatically.

I missed most of the chapter diamond rewards because I was too far in the tree when they were introduced. I'm going to spend 100% of my essense on wells, and if I get lucky they could be worth close to 2 expansions, and nothing beats that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1681

Lots of new stuff during the first week - are we going to have a week of unicorn invasion later ? :p
I'd rather have reappearance of something like the burning eggs from last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1163

I was hoping Gems of Knowledge knew when the Wishing Well was going to appear so I could prepare an escape from work for a few minutes to try and win this prize. But alas, they don't know yet either. I hope it's on a weekend I'm not trekking up a mountain.

DeletedUser1681

What is this "wishing well" you are talking about ? haven't spotted it in gamersgems.

The first winter event had a "phantom" building that some players were talking about, not sure maybe there even was a picture of it - anyways when event was drawing towards its end someone was asking after it and it turned out that it wasn't among the official prizes and it never turned up :oops:.

It isn't april yet so a bit early for april fool, so does such a prize exist ?

DeletedUser1681

It's even presented in official event announcing video...
???? I must be blind or something... I click "news" > event announcement (forum)... but can't find the "play video" button. So where is that video ?

DeletedUser1681

Ok, thx - now I seem to remember that at some point they said that monthly videos would be replaced by Youtube. But as I'm not that much into Youtube haven't followed what's going on. So mystery of the wishing well solved, sort of.

That video also goes some way into explaining all those unicorns :rolleyes:

Wowwie

Feed back

75 Spend 20 knowledge points
rewards 58 essence

76 Buy 16 knowledge points
reward 59 essence

77 Gain 32 relics
rewards 61 essence

78 Solve 2o encounters or buy 20 knowledge points
rewards 62 essence

this is awful hard ending to the quest
I really hate these ones many players do
it really makes the event ending discouraging it wipes out everything you have

that the quest seems to give in the begining
to nothing in the end

Inno just not seem to listen to player feedback at all in forums
it has been stated over and over on many events in forum feedback
it is totally an issue with these events
its as if Inno does not want a player to finish the event
it takes the excitement out of playing the event at all
I can see why many players become disappointed and negativity spreads through the worlds of Elvenar

Karvest

this is awful hard ending to the quest
I really hate these ones many players do
it really makes the event ending discouraging it wipes out everything you have
But you have like 2 weeks for all these quests. You don't need to do them all at once...

DeletedUser2182

It seems the quests are easier than in previous events and playable to small cities, thankfully. And it is good to see those buildings that give us mana.

Of course there is always room to improvements, but I'm happy about Phoenix Cult. Happier than in many, many previous events, like the terrible Masquerade, the last Burukbak, Glaciers and Redbeard.

To me, it seems Phoenix Cult will help many of my small fellows. :)

SoggyShorts

It seems the quests are easier than in previous events and playable to small cities, thankfully.
We shall see about that, I started a new city on Live the day after the event started on Beta. The fact that there are no "Gain spells" quests saved me a whole expansion, so that'll help. The "gain relics" are going to be a beast though..... I'll post the results of my Chapter 1 city attempt her:esmile: