• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features The Orc Requirement Needs Attention

• Thread starter DeletedUser1163
  • Start date

DeletedUser1163

Most of you are on my island. We’re stranded right now on a deserted island waiting for Orcs to rescue us. If I was made aware to only scout provinces and solve encounters needed for the next chapter, I would not have over scouted. The main reason I wanted to solve encounters was to get land expansions.

When I first started exploring Elvenar, battling on the World Map was so easy. Maybe having Forge of Empire training helped me understand the battle system. I was not aware the World Map was divided into rings. Ranking points for completing an encounter showed you what ring you were in.

Then remember we came to an abrupt halt when the new Battle System was set up? I had to stop fighting on the World map provinces (not the tournaments) because enemy units outnumbered my units. All I could do was negotiate. Making it harder for us players to fight did not stop some of us from negotiating. So without any warning of the consequences of solving too many encounters, we steamed ahead completing encounters by negotiating. The Events are making this situation worse by demanding we solve numerous encounters.

We Elvenar players should receive a warning or hint prominently displayed telling us:

If you have not reached the Orcs & Goblins Chapter 8, have difficulty winning battles, and do not wish to spend diamonds to solve Encounters, do not scout past Ring 10! Negotiations change in Ring 11. You will need Orcs to negotiate.

Instead of Ranking points we now see a Scout’s Note on the World Map helping us avoid spending coins scouting a province in which our troops are not strong enough yet to defeat the creatures roaming there.

I’m learning from my mistakes playing on the Beta server and hope I don’t repeat them in Arendyll and Winyandor. Currently I am in the Dwarves chapter on the Beta server. A lot of my friends quit playing and lost interest. Having to spend diamonds all the time, the game became a financial hardship for them. They, like me, solved too many encounters and now can't find any provinces not asking for Orcs to trade. We are stuck until we get to the Orcs & Goblins chapter. I’d like to know how I am going to unlock that chapter if I cannot solve encounters?

We would not be stuck now if the game developers warned us of the outcome of solving way too many encounters. The Very Hard encounters will need Orcs to negotiate. No Orcs? Then you can spend diamonds to negotiate. It feels like I fell into a pit – a Money Pit.

SoggyShorts

On the other hand, if you are at the point where you need orcs to negotiate before reaching chapter 8, then you have cleared 62 more provinces than expected.
This means you will have gained 7 expansions more than players who did not clear extra provinces. So even if you are stuck and unable to clear encounters for an event like halloween, the prizes you are missing out on are nowhere near as good as having 11% more space.
In addition, many wonders give you better returns based on provinces cleared, so having a jump start on that is also an advantage.