• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The New Battle System Is Terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ok I'm gonna help. 17 relics- go to tournament, at the mo its the silk one, light melee, plus heavy range melee, it works. solve 11 encounters there is an alternative - 2 power of provision, do that

I just started. I can not do tournaments and i could not make spells. The only option for me was trade. Thanks for all those accepting my zero star trades on the market! Because of them i could negociate the provinces needed. But now i'm too far ahead and am punished with inactivity

Fighting for a starter in the new system is not wise. Even when you win, you have lost more than when negociated.

Last edited by a moderator:

ophion

Almost all the problems (or at least the majority of them) and the bad feeling emanating in Elvenar right now is caused through battles and everything pertaining to them. Considering this was one game we could play that didn't resolve around fighting...and made a nice change btw...we now have to constantly suffer not being able to move on in the game because of the very thing that wasn't supposed to be an important part of it at all. All the time spent on fighting and developing new battle strategies, which inevitably fail, would have been better put to use making the game more interesting in introducing more interesting quests, buildings...and events like the Summer soltice. This is why most of us came to Elvenar in the first place, but lately seems to have been put on hold in favour of yet more battle problems and discontent. The introduction of warring orcs lowered the tone of the cities...and the once attractive buildings and everything else seems to have gone downhill since. The introduction of producing orcs as battle fodder and having them as part of the process in acquiring new provinces was a bad move as we are now stuck with the ugly buildings forever more, despite whatever guest race comes next. I keep hoping that things will get better and we will get back to being a city building game...but I think those days are gone...and with the new, impossible to win, battles etc...I don't see a way back unfortunately.:(

DeletedUser908

I took up this game because I don't LIKE FIGHTING! For a long while there I was able to trade my way through the map, and I would fight on occasion if the odds were in my favour. Now, there is no possible way for me to fight, because the odds are so far out of my favour -- like, I may have 500 strength against 1400 for my enemies! And since I'm not good at developing a fighting strategy -- WHICH IS WHY I'M HERE -- I'm going to end up leaving the game entirely. Why would Inno take a city-building game that is supposed to be peaceful, and turn it into a must-fight-to-proceed game? Makes no sense. I'm very unhappy, and that's new. I've been very happy with this game up to now. No more.

DeletedUser

Quote from Slotharingia
So after browsing the beta forum I have come to the following conclusions:
  1. The battle system is not being changed to make it easier. It will be both more complicated AND harder, making it the opposite of easier by any measure.
  2. It is, in fact, a BAD idea to stop training troops. A more prudent approach would be to train *and use* as many as possible before this next straitjacket hits us.

Like the orc requirement for negotiation, the battle system has been redesigned to prevent people from advancing and acquiring provinces via the world map, allegedly because people advance too fast and their cities are too big. However, parallel to this, you can purchase the expansions and more buildings are constantly being added. After these updates alone, we will need to build 2 more military buildings if we want to fight.

The moral of the story is: everyone is being punished. The most advanced players can now forget about fighting as it's apparently impossible.
Those of us who play a lot but were not in a rush to reach the end of tech (we exist) and who because we couldn't expand via negotiation anymore have been struggling to fight our way along will now not be able to fight anymore either. We are well advised to rush our way into orcs so we at least have a light at the end of the tunnel as regards negotiation and we should be attempting to reach that light before the next restriction is implemented - no doubt needing some resource from the next guest race to negotiate. Who knows, we might have even struggled our way through enough fights to be insta-restricted again as soon as the next race is implemented :D

And all this clumsy ridiculousness allegedly because people advance faster than the devs planned. Except that if they really wanted to stop people advancing, it's pretty easy to just grey out provinces beyond a certain fixed point. And above all, if people are really expected not to advance beyond a certain point, it should not be possible to do so by paying either. This is why one shouldn't release games that are not even remotely thought out from beta. That's what beta is for ... But ofc you can make more money this way, and all these changes that are being made - regardless of what is said - are made to make money. Possibly devs created a concept and once it became clear it was popular, the marketing team descended and made their demands as regards making the game a gold mine. But that is mere speculation. The players meanwhile are considered to be expendable entities. Get rid of the ones that were used to the old system and replace them with new players that never knew any other situation. Meanwhile, annoy the older bickerers enough that they finally dissipate in exasperation.

And yes, sure, of course we can delete half our towns and plummet in the rankings, then look for new fellowships so as not to drag our current ones down. Inno wouldn't want anyone in the top 1 k players who doesn't cough up cash at least on a monthly basis after all.

DeletedUser283

the new battle system is not difficult;
it just made battles impossible; can you get any simpler than this ?

ever been wiped out in 2 rounds ?
tried my luck y-day night, with the right troops, in a ring 13 magic dust province :
there were plenty of necros (of whatever they call them nowadays) and 1 squad of archers, so I sent plenty of sword acrobats and 1 squad of granite golems (because that is the way it is supposed to work)
turns out that everybody has higher initiative than me, so that when it is my turn to play, I have lost 75% of my troops, and their bonuses are so nerfed that I cannot even down an enemy squad.
end of story, back to serious business : negociate and scout !
just in case they make it impossible to scout beyond a given limit (apart from the old Main Hall capacity joke), I am going to resume scouting so that I have plenty of provinces to negociate in the future;
of course, should that ever happen, there will be a workaround : diamonds to be allowed to scout further :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser213

I reluctantly agree with all the complaints about the new battle system. I have been trying to satisfy a Quest; Fight and Win in 3 Encounters. After many attempts using a variety of combinations, or all one type, I have yet to fight and win in even one encounter. I am at the end of the Tech Tree, awaiting the new chapter, and I should be able to fight and win almost every time, but with the new system all I can win are the lower-level Tournaments.
I am one of the people who joined Elvenar because they promised that fighting would not be necessary to play the game except in a minimalist way. They lied. Fighting is essential, and now they have made it almost impossible for most people to win any encounters.
The developers seem to be pushing even the most dedicated players out of the game at an increasing rate, and I am finding it difficult to convince myself to remain here.
They need to do something to keep folks like me from saying that this was a good idea that went wrong, and just keeps getting worse.

Marindor

Hi guys,

To avoid valuable feedback getting lost because of being scattered all around different threads about the same subject, please stick to this thread for any feedback on the new Battle System. That thread was created especially for that and it would be a waste of your efforts if we missed any feedback when forwarding your thoughts to our development team. I will close this thread now, so we can continue there and keep your feedback centralized.

Status
Not open for further replies.