• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The New Battle System Is Terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1163

I never thought this awesome game could be ruined but it has. All the fun of battling province creatures is gone now because a new Battle System has been put in place. The enemy units are too powerful. I do not have dwarves, orcs or fairies to help me in battle. If this new Battle System was designed with those units in mind, then it needs to be changed. Orcs and Cerberus guarding Crystal provinces were fun to fight. No longer are Paladins and Priests a force to be reckoned with when battling Orcs and their three-headed beasties. Treants and Sorceresses do not stand a chance against a Cerberus.

The Battle System before the change was great. Now, I do not even bother fighting anymore. Why? Because you cannot win. Many elves and humans are going to leave Elvenar because of this terrible new Battle System. I wish the game developers would sit down, go to a Crystal Province and try to defeat the Orcs and Cerberus there, using only human or elven units. It is extremely difficult. Please redo the Battle System so the game becomes fun again.

Regards,

Electra Firestorm

DeletedUser1269

Very succinctly put and agree very much, I haven't won a single battle yet... plus my troops have so diminished in size that there is no room for playing around with trial and error. I used to keep around 22 squads of each, overnight it's gone to about 4 on my sorceresses (the rest aren't much better) and they get taken out with one hit. OUCH! Not fun at all, I don't mind a challenge but it needs to be achievable. I can't/won't fight with this current Battle system, it's just too hard.

DeletedUser1095

Correct in every detail (except, for me, for the first sentence).

DeletedUser1405

Same here! I tried several figths and had to retreat all of them - often three of my five units were gone before I could kill even one enemy unit.

I´m wondering if the new Fairy-Units could be that strong to turn the favor on my side - I´m afraid they won´t be much help, either.

BTW: My squad size is 1 0 5 9 and I have additional troop health of 12,1 % (Martial Monestary at level 12). I guess the majority of players has lower battle stats. So, I don´t know this is supposed to work in the future?

DeletedUser651

If Goryn, who gets unlimited troops can't figure out how to win a battle, none of us can.

I'd like to know the genius who thought, hmmm, the majority of people don't bother fighting at all because they found fights too difficult...oh I know! We will make it impossible to win fights! That will fix it.

DeletedUser736

I think it won't stay like like. As it is, it's utterly broken. Will they undo the change, or re balance anew, it's anyone's guess. but it certainly cannot stay like this. Last province I had to conquer had mages and cannoneers. Only the heavy have a hope of crossing the field in time to destroy cannons, but they get stopped by the mages, wich with the new balace system litteraly trash a single unit of heavy. Light infantry could get rid of thoses, but the cannons target them first and trash them before they can hit the mage. It's simply impossible to win.

Owena

82 Paladin AND WHEN COLLECTING AND ONLY ADD 1 NO SCORE TROOP AFTER THE NEW UPDATE YOU LOSE MORE SOLDIERS AND WHEN WILL REPLACE TRAINED STILL OUT IN LOSE AGAIN

DeletedUser724

If Goryn, who gets unlimited troops can't figure out how to win a battle, none of us can.

I'd like to know the genius who thought, hmmm, the majority of people don't bother fighting at all because they found fights too difficult...oh I know! We will make it impossible to win fights! That will fix it.

Even you get unlimited troops, you cannot win
The only way you can win, is "unlimited real world money", that is the ultimate weapon which I do not have and I will not use any to spoil the fun of battling in a "war game"

If we cannot enjoy the "fun of battling in war game", it is a game that we should not continue

I do think..since some one pass way and some one leave, the new game designer seems forget one of the most important element
FINE TUNING BATTLE LOGIC bit by bit, not at 1-go
such as the scared priest, the most valuable soldier in human race
is now become the super useless soldier in human race
becos the hitting range change from 14 to 5
in past, althoug priest has a weak defense, but it is compensated by hitting enemy soldier everywhere in the battle fields

the recent change
it still has a very weak defense
it cannot hit any soldier without moving up
moving up priest to hit enemy soldier, but enemy soldier do not lost many but
moving up priest making priest open to all enemy soldier to hit
apart from this, it is the 1st soldier type all enemy soldier will target to hit
Enhantress will hit priest 1st, but Enhantress can sub-stand a lot of hit b4 vanish
No matter "how Inno add some special feature to priest", priest cannot use it becos all priest is either all dead or reduce to super minimum amount to produce any damage on enemy soldier

if Inno do think , there is a change in battling logic
they should not change it at 1-go ( 1 super big change )
such as priest, they do the range from 14 to 13....
if it do not work, change to 12 later...etc

To me, priest is the enemy soldier I will choose priority before the change
after the change, it is the 1st soldier I should not choose
as it change from "most valauable soldier" to "rubbish soldier"

DeletedUser1095

Maybe it's deliberate, and the whole thing is aimed at eliminating fighting from the game. It's a city-building game, after all, and there are plenty of serious battle games out there for those who want them.

DeletedUser

Maybe it's deliberate, and the whole thing is aimed at eliminating fighting from the game. It's a city-building game, after all, and there are plenty of serious battle games out there for those who want them.
I don't think so... but
it would be a lot of simpler to just remove it from research, buildings menu...

But then Cater costs in tournaments needs to be fixed.

DeletedUser724

OMG, it is my mistake
I always think..it is a WAR GAME
forget it is a city-building game

I should find a war game to play as elvenar is not a war game

DeletedUser283

I gave a try to a fight in a ring 12 elixir province
I cannot win because enemy squads are twice as big as mine and our units have been downgraded;
thanks for punishing us, Inno, I have learnt my lesson : no more fighting, no more scouting in advance, I will negociate 1 encounter every day because I cannot afford more, and I will see how it moves on from there ....
and stop asking for my money, this is ridiculous.

DeletedUser1477

OMG, it is my mistake
I always think..it is a WAR GAME
forget it is a city-building game

I should find a war game to play as elvenar is not a war game
yes, but remember to build and improve your city must have expansions, and fighting is as it gets

DeletedUser736

I have to say, i'm not very surprised they screwed it up. They were never able to rebalance FOE when they introduced the modern units. I did'nt have high hopes for this update, but I certainly did'nt expect it to turn out that bad. I agree that war is'nt the focus of this game, but it's a part of it, and as it is, they utterly broke that aspect of the game.

I do not know what they have up their sleeves, but as of now, the only thing I can see that would make sense would be to return eveything to what it was before, and return to the drawing board, because this is one hell of a bad start.

Status
Not open for further replies.