• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

SoggyShorts

I had over 100k spare pop until I put my sentient factories back out to start stocking up for chapter 17, Even after that, I still had well over 25k to spare, until I put out a couple of leveled marble factories for the event.
And? I don't get your point. Cities need pop. If an event prize gives pop but you don't need more pop because your city is running at +100,000 unemployed population that doesn't make it a bad prize, just an inefficient city. If you don't care about efficiency, then why judge prizes at all? Just go for looks or w/e

Enevhar Aldarion

And? I don't get your point. Cities need pop. If an event prize gives pop but you don't need more pop because your city is running at +100,000 unemployed population that doesn't make it a bad prize, just an inefficient city. If you don't care about efficiency, then why judge prizes at all? Just go for looks or w/e

I go for being lazy. lol

A lot of my pop/culture event buildings are getting old and I have newer, better stuff in my inventory. But I have just not had the energy to dump and replace and rearrange everything in months. Not since the coronavirus got all stupid in the US. Maybe I am not lazy, just depressed, and playing this game and argu.......discussing things with people helps.

galrond

Armories aren't even close to 5.6 when you factor in Pop/culture/supplies/roads. So that leaves orc nests which are limited and as said, don't give pop.

I'm not really sure what this means. Pop is a necessity in every city.
IMO the main reason to build armories is training size. The orc production is a fine "bi-product".
If it´s about increasing orc production, then build orc nests. I´ve had no problem crafting all the nests I need.

Jammin

Huhu,

the Halloween event came to the Life Server on Thursday, very late in the ongoing tournament, from which you should actually get the quest encounters and relics to protect the map.
(if you can't get any further city extensions through it.)
At the time, I was in the tournament at the beginning of round 6 and used the entire round for the entire event. I completed the quest line early on Friday and was on the day quests.
Only a few 20-25x 1h, 15-20x 2h and about 10x 5h time boosters went on it. In my opinion, this is a good investment and it has saved me a lot of time and problems.
I struggled a little more on the beta, (chap. 3 city) because although I had enough time boosters from the tower, some combination triggers were running out.
I have 8 libraries for the collecting spells quests, 2 pandas next to the 2 brown bears so I was not limited to the academy and tournament.
9 enchanted magical workshops and factories also all enchanted, the productins Quest are no obstacle either.

DeletedUser1953

I am perfectly serious. When I decide, if an event building is usefull or not, I always compare it to regular buildings first. I want the event buildings to be somewhat better, but not by too much. Essentially, I belive that building only regular buildings should be a valid option. Not the most efficient, but a reasonable possibility. That means the game needs to based on the numbers from regular buildings, not from event buildings. If we demand that event buildings keep getting better and better, then this will no longer be possible. Therefore I am happy with the "nervs".
I think the opposite, I want the Venar III back !!

SlyLady

Agreed, I *really* dislike hitting the daily quest timer. And then it all has to be timed just right. There are some daily quests that are quite tough. I'd like to have more time to do some of them. That's part of the reason I devote effort to doing so many quests as early as possible, to give myself as much leeway to accomplish things like tournament encounters during a tournament, and spire encounters before I finished it for the week.
I thought a previous event, Air Traders maybe?, ran daily concurrent with regular event quests. So there were two quests until you finished the daily. That one would lock or disappear while you could keep working the regular event quests til depleted. Seems like that would accomplish similar goal while making 'daily' quests truly one per day.

DeletedUser3314

I thought a previous event, Air Traders maybe?, ran daily concurrent with regular event quests. So there were two quests until you finished the daily. That one would lock or disappear while you could keep working the regular event quests til depleted. Seems like that would accomplish similar goal while making 'daily' quests truly one per day.
LoL, that was the old way daily quests where done, like for the past 4~5 years or so. Guess you haven't been playing Elvenar that long. :D
Air traders used the same format as Misty Forest, so daily quests after the regular quests. I think Phoenix 2020 was the last event to use daily quest and regular quests side-by-side.

galrond

I actually like the "old way" better. You didn´t get punished as hard for being a slacker. Now if you get stuck somewhere in the quest chain, then you never get to do any dailies. I do see the simplicity in the new way. But it´s one quest chain now not two, and so you don´t get to "hit two birds with one stone".

SoggyShorts

I actually like the "old way" better. You didn´t get punished as hard for being a slacker. Now if you get stuck somewhere in the quest chain, then you never get to do any dailies. I do see the simplicity in the new way. But it´s one quest chain now not two, and so you don´t get to "hit two birds with one stone".
How so?
In the old way you got a daily quest and the main quest chain.

Now you get daily quests every single day which are all the same: "Log in" = reward 45 thingies
AND you get 75 main quests where the last 20 are released one at a time.

People calling the locked main quests "dailies" is misleading- it's still the main quests, just time-released.

Last edited:

galrond

How so?
In the old way you got a daily quest and the main quest chain.

Now you get daily quests every single day which are all the same: "Log in" = reward 45 thingies
AND you get 75 main quests where the last 20 are released one at a time.

People calling the locked main quests "dailies" is misleading- it's still the main quests, just time-released.
lol you´re totally right. I just click on the "log in", and haven´t given it any thought :oops:

Dony

King of Bugs
arent the armories the best buildings to grant required culture for early pick up unurium bonus production? yuo can just remove all your orcs producing event buildings and replace them with armory after you reach ch17