• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Pauly7

I like it. It's good to have something new. Though I am noticing that the chances of picking up enough artefacts is greatly reduced compared to ever before. It seems like it's easiest for the devs to pick a new mini game-style to carefully wrap up the biggest event nerf on record.

As far as enjoyment goes, the thing I find the most 'boring' is the same for this event as it has been for previous ones... and that's having to wait around 10 days for a good enough daily prize to come along to make it worthwhile to even start playing. Yesterday I did waste a bunch of currency when he PP spell was the active prize - purely because I just fancied having a go at it.

Does anyone know if there are good dailies coming our way?

SoggyShorts

Try to see things from the point of view of somebody who plays for the first week, and without experience in another 'live' version of the game.
Might sound harsh but...If a player can't complete an entire event in the first week of play in part because they do not ask anyone for assistance... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DeletedUser2912

Sorry to say, but i don't like this event either and i still don't understand it :( It doesn't make fun to play :(

T6583

I personally am liking the new event. There definitely is a learning curve and it may be frustrating for some in the beginning. I feel like strategy has been added back into the events a bit and it isn't just clicking and randomness. Though some things need a bit of tweaking.
-While I have no issue telling the difference between cleared and uncleared spaces on the desktop when I use the mobile it is extremely had to tell the difference between a cleared space and a fully fogged space. They look idential to me. I can see this causing issues for some players and can be frustrating.
-Since the mini-game is confusing for some players, it might be helpful to have a more indepth explaination in game or a link to one on the forum. There's alot of players who don't come to the forums. I've already started a thread about the event in my FS so my members have a bit of an understanding. I've also included links to Soggy's video and the forum for members to get more information. However not all FS have someone who comes to the forums.
-A little more variety in the quests would be nice. Have multiple quests that are very similar in a row is a bit boring. Others have already listed specifics on quests such as the produce supplies quests, so no need to go into that in greater depth.

edeba

Maybe, but the vast mayority of players will not have the chance to get any practice. And even with your stategy the smaller 195 pack is still worse than buying only candles. But very few players will know that. Using 2-3 candles per lantern / flask is a simple and effective strategy. So it would only be fair, if we could buy a candle pack. The current prices are just missleading.
Well, see how you do with that strategy. I have all of the quests to the daily lock and I've got my witch's hut to level 7. 26 more cats to level 8. I don't think I could that with a candles only strategy.

DeepTerminal

does anyone have the per-chapter stats of the new daily buildings?

Here's the list so far:
  1. Gargoyle Fountain
  2. The Mausoleum Wedding
  3. Pumpkin Patch
  4. 10% PP
  5. Lonely Scarecrow
  6. Disturbed Resting Place

@Jackluyt 's note has the stats for ch. 12. It doesn't seem like elvenarchitect has added them yet.

Enevhar Aldarion

What I noticed this time around is that nobody put up a list of the names and or pics of all the new buildings introduced in this event. So even if Elven Architect has already pulled them all out of the data files and added them to his site, I don't know how to look up and see what we can expect later in the event.

SoggyShorts

What I noticed this time around is that nobody put up a list of the names and or pics of all the new buildings introduced in this event. So even if Elven Architect has already pulled them all out of the data files and added them to his site, I don't know how to look up and see what we can expect later in the event.
Yeah Tomatoehu is out of town and I'm not even totally sure where she gets that stuff from

Enevhar Aldarion

Yeah Tomatoehu is out of town and I'm not even totally sure where she gets that stuff from

There is that guy from the Polish forums who likes to post all the spoilers too far in advance, but has not been here for a while, I think. I wonder if he got banned from this forum? I think he still posts on the US forum, though.

Enevhar Aldarion

does anyone have the per-chapter stats of the new daily buildings?

Here's the list so far:
  1. Gargoyle Fountain
  2. The Mausoleum Wedding
  3. Pumpkin Patch
  4. 10% PP
  5. Lonely Scarecrow
  6. Disturbed Resting Place

In addition to those buildings, there is one more new one for sure that we can look at on EA, the Scare Carriage. Another rare building that gives orcs.

That makes 6 brand-new buildings, and if there are any others, I can't find them yet. But the announcement said older buildings would be coming back too.

@iDavis Yep, those are the same six on the Polish forum and in Elven Architect. So I guess that it is for new stuff. Oh, and @TomatoeHu is female, I am pretty sure, and married to @SoggyShorts . ;)

DeepTerminal

Just took a look at the 6 new buildings - all terrible. The existing buildings they give us better be decent..

DeletedUser3042

Pffff I believe I need to go back to school for learning how to play this event.... NO is not my thing! I click and click. Nothing happens.... So I need first read a book .., maybe I can find some fun after it... MAYBE!! NOT MY THING

Karvest

A_Evt_October_XX_Mausoleum_Wedding_Animated.png

A_Evt_October_XX_Scarriage_Animated.png

A_Evt_October_XX_Smiling_Pumpkins_Animated.png

A_Evt_October_XX_Disturbed_Coffins_Animated.png

A_Evt_October_XX_Gargoyle_Fountain_Animated.png

A_Evt_October_XX_Scarecrow_Animated.png

DeletedUser3121

The only thing I have to say is that I don't like the quests, you have so many that says do so many encounter or do so many in the spire, they both take troops, & even when I put the right troops, with the right amount I still fail. In a small city you don't have that many troops to start with. Also when this goes live in my big city I will have problems with it as it takes 64 or 69 hrs to do a medium scout, so not enough encounters or provenices to do the amount of encounters you ask for. The part where you have to clear the fog isn't too bad it is kinda fun, altho it can get frustrating at times. but if you can't do the quests you can't do that part.

GerdyaanB

I havent read all the entries...
What i noticed while using laterns etc. is that the item you are using f.i latern or flashlight stay ACTIVE....if you have more of them....
this means that if you click unintended somewhere you have burned another resource.....
I would guess that whenever used you should go back to the menu and make your choice again as opossed that resource stays active...

So after you have used f.i flashlight it should not stay ACTIVE preventing applying another by mistake

Gerdyaanb

Last edited: