• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Enevhar Aldarion

I hope the rest are impressive. Kinda sad to only open them by accident (I've already passed by 2 after deciding they weren't even worth a candle)

They are all pictured in the help section of the event. Open the Quest tab, click on the question mark next to the X and there is all the info on the event. The question mark on the map screen leads to the same info.

SoggyShorts

They are all pictured in the help section of the event. Open the Quest tab, click on the question mark next to the X and there is all the info on the event. The question mark on the map screen leads to the same info.
I see the images of the "chests" but not their contents... am I missing something?

MathisLaban

Hello
Frankly, this event is incomprehensible, it is pretty but really bad, bad, bad
Even with explanations, it has no interest.
Go back to the vault systems.
No reponse ?

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

I see the images of the "chests" but not their contents... am I missing something?

No, just the images, so you at least know what and how many to look for. I don't think Inno has ever told us the content of chests, leaving us to find out on our own. But I am sure @Jackluyt and his Platinum Leaf Facebook group will have all of them listed as soon as they get the details.

Earwen1

While risking making a remark that has already been made...
Just the foggy map could do with a bith more colour contrast.
I guess it's very well visible to distinguise foggy tiles from cleared ones, when you're young and have perfect eyes.
But I know many players over 50, up to 75+ years old, who enjoy Elvenar as well and with some elderly eyesight, the use of colours might become an issue.

Lovec Krys

Is it checked if a player can continue? I almost got stucked (only one field where I can continue).
But iff the obstacles are fully random without a check for stuck, players might get stucked without a way to continue.
1601716819604.png

baypen

As far as i can say now, it´s quite funny to play this setting, BUT the relation between magic ingredients and the amount you need to clear the fog in order to find the "cats" doesn´t even maybe fit to the number of empty squares, where you waste a lot of magic ingredients for clearing. Until now I spent a little more than 2000 ingedients for having exactly 1 artifact, so no way to level the building at the end higher than lvl 4or 5. That´s quite disappointing. So I think you should either increase the number of magical ingredients, that we can get with the quests or you reduce the price for the candles, lanterns and flashes, to get a useful relation.

edeba

As far as i can say now, it´s quite funny to play this setting, BUT the relation between magic ingredients and the amount you need to clear the fog in order to find the "cats" doesn´t even maybe fit to the number of empty squares, where you waste a lot of magic ingredients for clearing. Until now I spent a little more than 2000 ingedients for having exactly 1 artifact, so no way to level the building at the end higher than lvl 4or 5. That´s quite disappointing. So I think you should either increase the number of magical ingredients, that we can get with the quests or you reduce the price for the candles, lanterns and flashes, to get a useful relation.
You don't need to clear all the fog, only the square in front of the fog so you can see if there is anything under the fog. Only clear fog to get a prize or to be able to see if other fog squares have anything.

baypen

You don't need to clear all the fog, only the square in front of the fog so you can see if there is anything under the fog. Only clear fog to get a prize or to be able to see if other fog squares have anything.
Yes I know, but first there was the "learning curve" as I dont play FOE :) and I have to use one of the items (candle etc.) to clear the squares in front of the fog ...... a lot of items, that I need to use only to SEE sometimes a reward and then use again a candel or whatever to get the reward. Nice idea, but as I wrote, the relation between using candels etc. and percentage of getting a "cat" is simply unuseful .... maybe only for me, but I can write here only my personel impression :).
And buying Dias to purchase more magical ingredients .... sorry, but we are here on Beta, so we are the "testing people" and nowhere on this globe people pay for this "job", on the contrary they are payed for evaluating a system or whatever :)

Last edited:

Verde

Agree that the cost per Artifact is going to make it difficult to get the building to a decent level. Have so far spent 3x420 Magic Ingredients to buy light-packages and have 1.5 artifacts from clearing the Maze ... not looking promising.

palmira

After some struggle, I finally got the knack of it but I still prefer the chests. And the ratio candles to the rest should be bigger as we can only (or should only) move forward with candles

edeba

After some struggle, I finally got the knack of it but I still prefer the chests. And the ratio candles to the rest should be bigger as we can only (or should only) move forward with candles
I think with a little more practice on strategy you might feel different...

spennyit

If it "forces" you to spend real money to get the "necessary" artifacts, INNO will be happy and you will not be happy.

My experience in these days shows:
- I will get less rewards
- I will have to spend more time

Definitely, I preferred last event.

little bee

I think with a little more practice on strategy you might feel different...
Maybe, but the vast mayority of players will not have the chance to get any practice. And even with your stategy the smaller 195 pack is still worse than buying only candles. But very few players will know that. Using 2-3 candles per lantern / flask is a simple and effective strategy. So it would only be fair, if we could buy a candle pack. The current prices are just missleading.

DeletedUser2526

AS seen here:
15. Solve 6 Encounters or Solve 6 Spire Encounters and Produce 4 Baskets of Groceries (workshop 9 hour) - 48
16. Gain 400 Spell Fragments or Scout 1 Province and Produce 3 Baskets of Groceries (workshop 9 hour) - 48

INNO - PLEASE - I love you guys BUT - dont do these BACK TO BACKS! It is VERY hard for Newbies AND Oldies. Goods and Supplies also.. back to back=unhappy, frustrated players.