• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade

Dony

King of Bugs
1 thing that can be done in next events with pay quest could be to have alternative to it, so people who has enough goods will just pay amount needed and others would need to produce something or whatever which will be more time demanding

DeletedUser

Got the first building last night, had a good look at the stats, know for sure now I will skip this event on live. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just found this message on the Dutch server from the community manager:

https://nl.forum.elvenar.com/index....ngen-voor-het-gemaskerde-bal.3915/#post-43023

Dear elves and people,
The quest line is delayed at least 24 hours. There are still changes we'd like to test on beta first before we start the event.
As soon as I have a definite new start time, I will of course report this.
Sincerely,
The Elvenar team.

Anyone know what those changes are?

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much again for your feedback so far. Based on your thoughts about this first part of the Questline Event, we feel it's severe enough to postpone the Live release of this storyline (our aim is tomorrow afternoon) and first do something about the balancing of the quests, especially replacing the "Pay X Goods" quests. When we have more specifics, we will let you know :)

Marindor

Hi everyone!

We promised to get back to you with more specifics and we have them now :) Please allow me to sum them up for you:

- First of all: The event will only go live tomorrow. We are planning to bring the updated version to Beta as well for those of you who haven't done all the quests yet.
- Based on your early and detailed feedback, we changed all the "pay X amount of" quests to replace them with more generic quests.
- We updated few of the rewards.
- We made it easier to work around the quests requesting to start production of non boosted goods. They will require either a lot less time or a lot less factories (one of each kind of non boosted goods, even at level one will be way enough).
- We got rid of the second part of these quests so they don't include "pay X amount of goods" on top either.
- Some of the other quest have been made easier as well.
- We are applying similar principles for the second part of the event as well and based on your feedback, will not include "Pay X goods" quests in there either.

Furthermore we'd like to address your questions and concerns about the limited time we had for Beta testing this Questline Event. One of the next things that we'll be testing shortly on Beta, will be a

super secret kind of multiplayer event ;)

This feature will have totally new game mechanics and in order to have enough time to test that properly, we had to reduce the beta testing time for this QLE event. We know that this is not the ideal way to go and we do not plan to reduce the beta time in the future. It's only this time around that the conditions forced us to prioritise testing quite a fair bit.

Let me finish by thanking you all once again for giving us your valuable feedback to help us all get a better product to our Live versions. We are grateful to have you all around and for the engagement you've shown.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jixel

@Dony - what is your source for this ? How do you know ? Why would they do that ? It's not something I use often, but it's handy if I'm going to be away or something. @Marindor - can you confirm ?

and 1 more thing
1 day and 2 days production are going to be removed in upcoming months so you need to take this into account aswell

Marindor

@Marindor - can you confirm ?

No - That information is based on game files of something that isn't completed yet. We won't just take these options out but we've had to do that for now to test some mechanics which will be part of a much bigger change which isn't finalized yet so for now that's all we can share about it. I'd like to ask the people who dig into game files for new content to not create unrest by spreading rumours about things they find in there for as long as it's not released on Beta, it can still change day by day :)

CrazyWizard

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much again for your feedback so far. Based on your thoughts about this first part of the Questline Event, we feel it's severe enough to postpone the Live release of this storyline (our aim is tomorrow afternoon) and first do something about the balancing of the quests, especially replacing the "Pay X Goods" quests. When we have more specifics, we will let you know :)

*applauds*

Finally, they listened.

DeletedUser1351

So what happens for the players who have gone past those quests where they had to pay out a huge amount of resources, will they get reimbursed or just have to suffer...

SoggyShorts

- We made it easier to work around the quests requesting to start production of non boosted goods. They will require either a lot less time or a lot less factories (one of each kind of non boosted goods, even at level one will be way enough).
This does make it easier, but still doesn't address the main issue-- we spend a lot of time and effort explaining boosted goods to new players, and even having to build just one non-boosted factory flies in the face of that lesson.

Please change it to a "gain xxxxx non-boosted goods" quest. This will promote trading which is a good thing!

DeletedUser2108

Hi everyone!

We promised to get back to you with more specifics and we have them now :) Please allow me to sum them up for you:

- First of all: The event will only go live tomorrow. We are planning to bring the updated version to Beta as well for those of you who haven't done all the quests yet.
- Based on your early and detailed feedback, we changed all the "pay X amount of" quests to replace them with more generic quests.
- We updated few of the rewards.
- We got rid of the second part of these quests so they don't include "pay X amount of goods" on top either.
- Some of the other quest have been made easier as well.
- We are applying similar principles for the second part of the event as well and based on your feedback, will not include "Pay X goods" quests in there either.

Furthermore we'd like to address your questions and concerns about the limited time we had for Beta testing this Questline Event. One of the next things that we'll be testing shortly on Beta, will be a

super secret kind of multiplayer event ;)

This feature will have totally new game mechanics and in order to have enough time to test that properly, we had to reduce the beta testing time for this QLE event. We know that this is not the ideal way to go and we do not plan to reduce the beta time in the future. It's only this time around that the conditions forced us to prioritise testing quite a fair bit.

Let me finish by thanking you all once again for giving us your valuable feedback to help us all get a better product to our Live versions. We are grateful to have you all around and for the engagement you've shown.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Thank you so much for adjusting the pay quests... they were just a huge drain on our goods!! Especially for those that are in the lower chapters and didn't have the factories to produce the amounts needed.

DeletedUser

I hope they don't remove the non boosted factory quests. But if they do, no biggie to me, I'll still have all the factories :D

Marindor

So what happens for the players who have gone past those quests where they had to pay out a huge amount of resources, will they get reimbursed or just have to suffer...

No, that's one of the risks of playing on a Beta server unfortunately. The good thing is that players won't have these issues on their real Live accounts now :)

This does make it easier, but still doesn't address the main issue-- we spend a lot of time and effort explaining boosted goods to new players, and even having to build just one non-boosted factory flies in the face of that lesson.

Please change it to a "gain xxxxx non-boosted goods" quest. This will promote trading which is a good thing!

Without spoiling too much already about it: The next big upcoming thing I told you about, will probably make you want to change that strategy a bit as well. It won't be absolutely necessary but it would help you if you built just 1 low level manufactory of your non-boosted goods. Please let's wait with feedback on that until we can tell you more about it so we won't confuse this feedback thread with that. :)

sunrae

Hooray :D:D:D I don't like not doing the events but this one was beyond me, especially so close to the other one. Hooray:D

Calenmir

No, that's one of the risks of playing on a Beta server unfortunately. The good thing is that players won't have these issues on their real Live accounts now :)

Without spoiling too much already about it: The next big upcoming thing I told you about, will probably make you want to change that strategy a bit as well. It won't be absolutely necessary but it would help you if you built just 1 low level manufactory of your non-boosted goods. Please let's wait with feedback on that until we can tell you more about it so we won't confuse this feedback thread with that. :)
So in other words the Event won't change and this quest is likely to be seen again in the actual game. And we're all just supposed to find room and pop to put up buildings that offer nothing in the way of return in production? And if I still don't want to do that, is that game over for me? I see you saying "won't be absolutely necessary" and I assume that means when the change is announced - fair enough. But what does that mean if I don't want to do it for the event, and I don't - are you saying do it or you're out of the event?