• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade

Calenmir

I think after checking out how much space I need for the level 1 factories, 3 marble (6 spaces), 3 planks (6 spaces for elves 12 for humans) and 3 steel (12 spaces) total 24 spaces for elves, 30 for humans ( less if you use your boost factories you have already). I don't really see the big deal, we used to have to build tons of level one buildings for upgrade quests, workshops for the supplies quests and level one boosted factories that we would delete right after we were done with them. I am just not seeing the problem of building these factories really. Sure they will take a little bit of space, but nothing game changing, delete a culture building if you really needed space and put the prize building in the space after you win it. I know most don't build their non boosts (I don't either) but really. They are small, marble 1x2 would fit on road ends, planks for elves would as well at 2x1, the steel is 2x2 for both, and planks 2x2 for humans.

When put like this any comments or complaints about this particular quest sound petty, however it's hard enough for small cities to come up with the coins, supplies, space and pop to put up spare buildings for an event - no matter the size. Then you tear them down and only get back half of the expense. During the last event all progress in my city came to a near stop while I used spare space for the extra buildings, but at least those extra buildings added to my boosted good amount, yes it was a negligible amount. The amounts rewarded for putting up a building that is not your boost is worse, and there is no benefit to it other than it being a challenge from an event.

Deleting an expensive to build culture building or one that is irreplaceable (that the prize building may not fit into and might also require a road) just so you can temporarily put up some nonboost factories is not the best solution, imo.

In one of my cities I wasn't able to finish the last event because of some of the requirements. I can understand how this might be easy for some people and not bother them at all and that's fine, but to me it's an unreasonable and unnecessary quest. As are the pay quests, which drain my city of goods, and then you are rewarded poorly for it.

You do make a good point(!), it just hasn't swayed me at all. lol

SoggyShorts

apart from the fact that everything in this event works (functionality) so they dont need to do anything before it goes live, they only can note our complains or suggestions in which case it doesnt need to be delayed at all
Sorry, I still disagree. By having only a 1 week delay (or 72 hours) there is no time to improve on events before they go live.
Yes, this event seems to be bug free, but if you are only using your Beta testers as bug catchers and not a focus group you are wasting a valuable resource.

Why "Pass on your feedback to the devs for next event" when you could adjust things for this event given more time?

It's like they have 1,000s of taste testers, and only use them to make sure that the meal is not poisoned. Why wouldn't you ask those taste testers what they think might improve the dishes before serving them to the 100s of thousands of guests as well?

DeletedUser

Sorry, I still disagree. By having only a 1 week delay (or 72 hours) there is no time to improve on events before they go live.
Yes, this event seems to be bug free, but if you are only using your Beta testers as bug catchers and not a focus group you are wasting a valuable resource.

Why "Pass on your feedback to the devs for next event" when you could adjust things for this event given more time?

It's like they have 1,000s of taste testers, and only use them to make sure that the meal is not poisoned. Why wouldn't you ask those taste testers what they think might improve the dishes before serving them to the 100s of thousands of guests as well?

@SoggyShorts Totally agree with you. You really hit it on the nose

SoggyShorts

@Dony
The "produce non-boosted goods" quests are hugely flawed. Yes, of course building level 1 factories is easy, that is not the point at all.

I've lost count of how many times I've explained the benefits of only focusing on your boosted goods. For the tiny fraction of players that read the forums it's perfectly obvious that non-boosted buildings are bad, and trading is better, but almost every new player has to learn this. Now how am I supposed to help new players if I can no longer tell them they will never need non-boosted buildings?

Easy quest? Yes.
Bug free quest? Yes.
Good for the game? Hell no.

CrazyWizard

we had all types of this quests in the past, not much else to test here apart from quest 11 and 12 which are just a bit of variation

I would rather have event every single week same as we have tournaments and new big feature will most likely happen often aswell so everytime i log into the game i have something to do, nobody is forcing me to do all this content, people will just do what they will want/need and thats a big plus for me, not having any content in the game is boring

I think you are one of the few on this one. if you have one every week, then it's just part of the game, events are the best if they are rare. it's something to look foreward to. I have played other games some for many years. and no event ever became boring. it was always awesome.

on elvenar I am more like "again?" something that never happened to me before in 15 years of playing online games.

ALdbeign

1: Like many, to share my real opinion of this event would get me in trouble.
2: That being said, i have already given up on beta and when it goes live i will not participate (at least pt 1, if pt 2 requires you complete pt 1 then im out there also).
3: The prizes are complete crap if you aren't late stage enough to need mana. The culture is consistent with mana producing buildings for chapters that have no mana, hammers are not enough incentive to have such terrible culture.
4: 1 minute time saver boosts.... see #1:eek::mad::eek:
5: absolutely insane costs on the "pay x goods" quests... also see #1 :mad::eek::mad:
6: wait what..."produce x non boosted 1 day T1 goods" quests.... actually im ok with this since the worst size imprint is 2x2 and its not like i have to level them, just have a bunch of buildings same size as a workshop or residence for an event... i'm cool.
7: if T2 or T3 event quests like this happen though.,.. plz see #1 :eek::mad::eek:

Thanks,
ALdbeign

p.s. i totally agree with soggy, "short on time" for a basic value for a variable is way to easy to fix and this "short on time" BS is just that. I code and if i have a formula based on a value, i normally have that value defined as a variable, and if to change the value in said variable is that hard...you aren't doing it right ;)
(edit, grammar fix)

DeletedUser283

another point about this event is the quest rewards in general;
with the usual declinable quests, all we get are coins and supplies and coins and supplies;
no wonder some of us grind these quests to allviate the shortage of ressources;
I do : whenever I am low on supplies I cycle the "produce advanced tools and gain 200k" to supplement the produciton of my 10 workshops and get my supplies level to something more reasonable:

now the quests for this event are giving something different, the problems shifts :
we are given 1 relic (ONE RELIC.!? I get that for negociating an encounter ! you guys serious o_O ?)
thank you, my bonus is maxed out for my boosted goods and I make so much more that this in the weekly tournament
or we are given time boosts that are out of this world, like "1 minute"; ok, we are given 3 of these, so it seems it is actually 3 minutes; when any building you upgrade takes more than 12 hours to complete, builder hut boost included, this is a non-existent reward !

when will Innogames designers come to their senses and realize that players wish to get nice and useful rewards, and not some kind of lowly over the counter charity;
even if the quest is part of the path to get the final (hopefully nice) reward, it should not be underestimated;
the storyline quests for the halflings chapter are a good exemple ot what can be done : gaining mana from a quest is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Personally, I like that Elvenar tries new things, and that I can join in and test it out.

My take on the event is:

The new buildings are beautiful.

The pay quests are a bit high for players just starting and haven’t built up an inventory yet. I stopped at quest 5 because even if I trade boosted for non-boosted and buy the items with gold to gain the crystals, I won’t have enough to do the same for Quest 6 or Quest 7.

I may have found a bug and submitted it to Customer Service.

Boosted and Non-boosted factory production quests. I’m a player who has all the factories, and love that they did this.

The rewards, they do seem a bit small based on what you need to do, CrazyWizard’s suggestion to save them for scouting is a wonderful idea. While I can’t finish the event on my beta account, I still finished 4 quests and got a few goodies that I wouldn’t have, had they not had it.

DeletedUser

Okay let me rephrase that:
For quests 5, 6, & 7 the rewards are a lotta bit small
Everything else, I already do in my kingdom and got rewarded for doing something I already do.

But I would also like to add, if I was further along in my kingdom I would try to do it because to pay goods versus diamonds for a brand new beautiful building, seems like a win to me.

DeletedUser1767

A case in which small time-reducing Instants could be useful: if your timing is just slightly annoyingly off, e.g. you've got a spell that is set to expire just before the production is finished; or you'd like to do another round of tournament provinces but your timing is such that it's going to end just before your next star unlocks; or you want to squeeze something in during an event in time to get that day's daily prize. I'm wondering if maybe that's what they're actually intended for, since unlike having a percentage reduction, the overall duration of the thing being reduced isn't the issue so much as tidying up the timing.

That said:
-- They'll probably still need to be chained, because how often is your timing really going to be out of whack by precisely one minute? Five minutes seems like the smallest possible unit worth making something for. (Even in the case of five minutes, stacking is probably warranted in most cases, but stacking five-minute instants is five times less silly than stacking one-minute instants.)
-- Even if, like me, you're constantly finding the timing of your spell duration and production collection getting slightly off, this is still a pretty paltry prize for what is being demanded in this event.

Deleted User - 60107

I can think of two cases where 1-minute Instants might be of some use:
- at the very begining of the game, when you have such small building times that 1 minute is a lot. Too bad that time period ends almost as soon as it begins - just look at the time it takes to upgrade a residence from level 2 to level 3...
- when building (or upgrading) low-level workshops and manufactories for a new event. Which turns the "rewards" from this event in a convenience for the next one...

Pretty much the same goes for 3-minute and 5-minute Instants.

DeletedUser

That's also a good suggestion Midnight, won't help me, my timing is way off all the time.

One thing I used the time instants on was units for the tournaments. If you keep your armory relative low in level, you can produce units super fast. The drawback is having to be on all the time, but during a tournament if you don't auto-fight these could come in handy as it's minutes to produce units versus hours.

SoggyShorts

@Midnightsidhe
Good call, I think I'll be using all of my tiny instants to keep my ToS collection on a 24h schedule. About once a week I end up losing 1 KP due to collecting later and later until I give up.
Which really means I'd be better off getting a 1 KP reward than 20-30 instants that are 5 min or less.:confused:

DeletedUser1901

It is unfortunate that the performances of the 2 buildings are of no interest for players below lvl 9.
A workshop that adds culture and doesn't cost population (the part 2 version even adds population) seems pretty good to me.

SoggyShorts

A workshop that adds culture and doesn't cost population (the part 2 version even adds population) seems pretty good to me.
The problem is that they don't grow. I tried it with orc nests when they first came out, and it was a big fail.
I ran all of the numbers, and by replacing 2 workshops with a handful of orc nests I was saving pop,space, and culture.
It didn't last though- into the next chapter and then my new max workshops were better, and I was stuck with the choice of going back or hoping the next event brought me upgraded orc nests.
I waited.
They didn't come until after I had hit chapter 8, and now they gave orcs instead of supplies so I had to bite the bullet and build up workshops from scratch.
All around it's not an experience I'd repeat.*

It's the same trap as pop&culture buildings. Once you have them it's very hard to replace them with anything other than more P&C.
Note: My cities are now in chapters 9/10/11, so I like the current event prizes for me.

I think to be truly good for pre mana chapters they would need to at least equal a current best culture building and make some supplies. Especially since they need a road.

*slower players might be able to replace non-workshop supply making buildings before they really outgrow them. I've been playing a little over a year and my main just hit halflings. I'm not sure how fast/slow that is compared to most players.

Sir Squirrel

Exactly Letheia, I did the same with my glossy gardens, most of the pop that is given by them I have as extra and I have lots of pop to spare. That way you don't get dependent on the things and can remove them with out much pain or wait till another prize comes to replace it.