• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Masquerade

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback so far, especially regarding the quest balance. Because of it, we have already planned to rework these specific quest types for future Quest Line Events. In this case however, because we have a very tight schedule with something big coming up shortly, we won't be able to adjust it in time for the Live launch of this Questline (which is already planned for next Monday). We know this is not ideal, but for now it is how it is and we will work on changes for upcoming Questlines. Thank you all for your understanding.

Deleted User - 60107

This is getting ridiculous!

* Produce Warrior Mask 10 times
* Pay 30100 Steel

Right AFTER the previous quest that also asked for a ton of Steel.

@Marindor
If you guys are on such a tight schedule, why did you start this quest line now? Why did you not leave it for later, after the "something big"? Especially since this is way too soon after the previous event, and the quests are basically "more of the same". Leaving this event for later would have allowed you time to fix the issues.

So far this event is NOT fun. At all. Instead it's frustrating. I doubt it will be any better on Live.

SoggyShorts

Well you can stack them, so if you collected 100 1 min instants for a mere 1 kazillion goods. then you can shave of a whopping 100 min of your build/scout scout time. tho the smartest move would be to boost your production time, so that at least you get a fraction of your kazillion invensted goods back ;)
Don't forget, actually using those 100 instants would probably take a minute or two:p
we have a very tight schedule with something big coming up shortly, we won't be able to adjust it in time for the Live launch
Any plans on extending the time between Beta and Live? This seems to be an ongoing issue like with the lost daily quest last event-- there was no time to put a fix in for Live.

Also since the complaints about rewards are really very basic, i can't imagine fixing it would take more than an hour.
Wherever the code says "pay 30,000 silk", change it to "20,000"
Wherever the code says "get 3x1 min instants", change it to "3x10 min instants"

I just don't believe that there isn't enough time to change some numbers.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
This seems to be an ongoing issue like with the lost daily quest last event-- there was no time to put a fix in for Live.
we had all daily quests on live
there is actually only 1 number and we have 11 chapters, with every chapter working with different coeficient so its not so easy to fix unless they have lots of data (like our feedback), i personally dont have any problems with this type of quests, they are easy and fast for me (for hobbit chapter), but as i said before our boost percentage is not considered in this type of quests so a lot of people can be screwed early on when they dont have 700% boost yet

SoggyShorts

Only in the UK afaik. US servers were still missing one on the second last day.
as i said before our boost percentage is not considered in this type of quests so a lot of people can be screwed early on when they dont have 700% boost yet
Yep. I don't think many players have max boost before chapter 6, and that should be factored in.
there is actually only 1 number and we have 11 chapters, with every chapter working with different coeficient so its not so easy to fix unless they have lots of data
It's still super easy to increase each reward and/or decrease costs by 10-20% on each pay quest. (especially for chapters 1-5)
there are 11 numbers, it can't be that hard to open a calculator and put in "*.08"

I mentioned in last event's feedback that 1 week is not enough time to Beta test things, so what did they do? Reduce it to 72 hours:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser2100

Sadly, this will be the first event I'll be skipping since I started Elvenar. I have to say that I really dislike the quests that require paying goods. In the Sorcerers and Dragons chapter, it appears that it will require over 100k goods to win a building that produces only slightly more mana than an arcane library, which doesn't seem worth it at all. I enjoy the events and if it weren't for the pay quests I would do this one just for fun even though I'm not that interested in the building. I'd rather be able to just do the quests for fun and not have to calculate the cost vs. benefit of the building. Prior to the pay quest, the costs were minimal. I might have lost some production running 24 hour cycles for the quests, but that was small enough that the building was always worth it. The introduction of the pay quests has totally changed that equation.

CrazyWizard

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback so far, especially regarding the quest balance. Because of it, we have already planned to rework these specific quest types for future Quest Line Events. In this case however, because we have a very tight schedule with something big coming up shortly, we won't be able to adjust it in time for the Live launch of this Questline (which is already planned for next Monday). We know this is not ideal, but for now it is how it is and we will work on changes for upcoming Questlines. Thank you all for your understanding.

In this state I would reccomend just dropping the event altogether for live.
Keep it for some other time, it simply ain't worth the frustration it will create on live, not to mention as several has already mentioned, it's way to early / soon.
We are getting event tired.

NOT doing the event should solve your tight scedule problem.

Sir Squirrel

It has already been announced on the live forums so they would get blow back no matter what they do now, so they might as well let it go on. I think that the mods on the live servers should make a post as @Marindor did explaining that they didn't have time to lower the pay x amount of goods, but will for the next event. I think it would help a lot for players to know that the devs are listening to feed back!
I like events, but even I was surprised to see an event again so soon, I just got my tier three goods back to useable amounts, lol.

SoggyShorts

I think that the mods on the live servers should make a post as @Marindor did explaining that they didn't have time to lower the pay x amount of goods
I still call BS on this.
I think it would help a lot for players to know that the devs are listening to feed back!
But we gave them the feedback regarding "pay" quests weeks ago...

Sir Squirrel

They got the feed back from us here on beta a couple weeks ago maybe, but I don't think they got feed back from all the live forums until maybe last week. They can't go on just what we think can they?!?!? At least this events building has Mana at higher levels. I am thinking they just wanted to give us some instants for rewards to see how players like that, but the 1 minute ones made me laugh when I seen them. What where they thinking there? lol. At least this is a short event and if we have to produce non boosted goods we will get to build 10 level one factories again and it will almost feel like old time events again.

DeletedUser1163

I can’t believe it! Another event so soon. Good luck everyone. Well looks like here we go again. Just started this event and the amount of scrolls I have now are 0. I don’t think I’m going to bother with this event. 10,000 crystal and scrolls are too much for some of us. I have a feeling that the next quest will be 10,000 silk. Send some elves over to Forge of Empires and see how they run their events. Much more fun than here.

SoggyShorts

They got the feed back from us here on beta a couple weeks ago maybe, but I don't think they got feed back from all the live forums until maybe last week.
I can;t be sure if the feedback was the same across all regions, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Again, a week, or even a day should be enough time to change 11 numbers in the coding.;)
They can't go on just what we think can they?!?!?
Yes they can, soggy knows best.
At least this events building has Mana at higher levels.
Indeed, this is a most welcome improvement. I'm just glad all my cities are past chapter 8 now.
if we have to produce non boosted goods we will get to build 10 level one factories again and it will almost feel like old time events again.
This one seems like a strange choice. I was under the impression that they didn't want us to blast through quests by building a bunch of level 1 temp buildings. It also goes against our feedback that quests should promote and reward progress. Building something that you 100% plan to tear down tomorrow is the opposite of progress.

Heymrdiedier

any plans to convert 3 same rarity instants into 1 higher rarity instant?

So you'd trade your 3 times 1 min reduction into 1 tim 3 min reduction? doesnt matter much, no?
and at higher levels its even worse and you loose time :)

the different times (from gamefiles) are:

1. 1 min
  2. 3 min
  3. 7 min
  4. 10 min
  5. 15 min
  6. 20 min
  7. 30 min
  8. 45 min
  9. 1 hour
  10. 2 hours
  11. 5 hours
  12. 8 hours
  13. 14 hours
  14. 20 hours
  15. 40 hours

Heymrdiedier

Don't forget, actually using those 100 instants would probably take a minute or two:p

Any plans on extending the time between Beta and Live? This seems to be an ongoing issue like with the lost daily quest last event-- there was no time to put a fix in for Live.

Also since the complaints about rewards are really very basic, i can't imagine fixing it would take more than an hour.
Wherever the code says "get 3x1 min instants", change it to "3x10 min instants"

I just don't believe that there isn't enough time to change some numbers.

The devs also dont work in the weekends, so there really isnt any time to adjust anything at all before it goes to live :)

Everyone had all daily quests last event. Only in En realm they had the update before the second last day, so there it wasnt noticable. All the other realms got the quest the day they were supposed to get the quest, only from midnight till the update happened the quest wasnt available, thats all.

Ainor

there is actually only 1 number and we have 11 chapters, with every chapter working with different coeficient so its not so easy to fix unless they have lots of data (like our feedback), i personally dont have any problems with this type of quests, they are easy and fast for me (for hobbit chapter), but as i said before our boost percentage is not considered in this type of quests so a lot of people can be screwed early on when they dont have 700% boost yet
I think that these amount don't are set separately for each chapter, but by an algorithm. It need change this for change the quests...

I am at the woodelves on the live server, I will only do the event if the prize gives an extraordinary amount of mana, otherwise this will be the first event I will skip

Last edited:

Maillie

When I first heard about time reduction I was so thrilled, I was thinking in terms of percentages. Large percentages. To discover that a time boost can be one minute is deflating when my next Main Hall upgrade in Orcs is 41 hours. I can now cut my upgrade down to 40 hours, 59 minutes, and I have to wonder who would consider that to be a "reward". Since these are one-time use, why would time boosts be worthless when the other boosts are genuinely helpful?