• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Harvest Festival

Deleted User - 60107

What the hell? First "Gain 16 Relics", then right after "Solve 12 encounters or Buy 12 KP"? And this is in the begining of the even. Looking at the quest list ( https://elvengems.com/harvest-festival/sequential-quests/ ) it gets worse:
* 37: Gain 20 Relics
* 38: Solve 14 Encounters OR buy 14 Knowledge Points
* 56: Buy 8 Knowledge Points
* 76: Buy 16 Knowledge Points
* 77: Gain 32 Relics
* 78: Solve 20 Encounters or buy 20 Knowledge Points
That's WAY too many KP to buy and too many encounters to solve. And too many Relics tog ain if you get the quest when the tournament is not on.

Thanks, but no, thanks, I am done. Enjoy the event, everyone!

DeletedUser1767

Is this event going to be available on mobile? I've only been on mobile for the last week and had no idea that an event had started until I came here to the forum today.

DeletedUser1681

May I ask, wether this Festival already installed on App?
Because I received Tickets for Quest s there :(
Or should I report it in the Bug Part?o_O
I can see the quest-givers in Ipad - but no event banner (so no way to gain prize buildings yet) and no moon splinters to be collected.
So my quess is that event is playable (with the above reservations) and the rest will come with an update.

Deleted User - 86059

That is correct @Heffernan the event will be available on the app with the next update 1.63 we are sorry for the delay but it cannot be helped at this time :(

DeletedUser140

That is correct @Heffernan the event will be available on the app with the next update 1.63 we are sorry for the delay but it cannot be helped at this time :(
Thank you for confirmation, but it works with the tickets as well, right?
elvenar app.JPG

Deleted User - 86059

I'll have to check that to get confirmation from the team

Deleted User - 60107

MoonMirror.png
Would be really nice if the tooltip also included the size of the building. It SEEMS like a 2x2, but people who want to buy it should not need to guess.

Persoanlly, I am not buying it - too "pay to win" for me.

Deleted User - 86059

@MimLeFay I have checked and yes you are lucky enough to be one of the few so yes they will count

Karvest

x2 Sun Flares special offer started 2 hours after switching daily prize. Hope that's not a bug, but intended change, so that we have more choices of which daily prizes we can get while hunting for grand prizes.

DeletedUser2561

Urgent request: Cut down Set Link bonuses!

This will get lengthy and mathy, but I feel the need to elaborate.

Premium buildings and event prizes provide approximately double as much culture per field compared to normal culture buildings of the corresponding chapter. They are simply twice as good, which is OK because they are difficult to obtain. In the simplest case, a 3x3 event prize replaces two 3x3 ordinary culture buildings, effectively providing me with 9 free squares. I like that.

On a lot of event prizes, culture is reduced in favor of population, at a rate of 1 pop instead of 2 culture. This rate is actually a bit more than twice as good as a normal residence, but we're paying a price for that: The event prize produces no money, no ranking points, and replacing it later is trickier. I am OK with that.

On some event prizes, culture is reduced in favor of mana. The mana production per field is NOT twice as good as ordinary mana buildings, but exactly the same. Which makes mana-buildings from events a bit of a disappointment. I do not like that but can live with it.

On some event prizes, culture is reduced in favor of goods production. They received a big boost a few days ago. So let's do some rough math. (I will use numbers from my current progress in Halflings, but the results will be similar for all advanced chapters):

The Techno Tent from Woodelvenstock uses 3x3 squares and has 4800 culture as its only benefit. The Dancing Ground from the same event is also 3x3 with only 2900 culture, so we will assume that 60% of its real estate is used for culture while 40% is used for the rest of its benefits: goods production (and some link bonusses on top which we will ignore for the moment). It used to produce 770 goods every 24 hours, which should be boosted to 1925 now. Which still is no great amount, but it only uses a measly 3.6 squares for that production, so it is doing 535 goods per square per day.

Let's compare that with manufactories. A planks manufactory of level 23 is 6x3 and produces 11.5k a day on a 9h-9h-3h cycle. Looks like 640 per square per day, right? Wrong! The manufactory needs 3317 pop to run, which requires one and a half residences (level 27 provides 2200 pop on 3x5). The manufactory and residences together need 2292 culture. This in turn is four squares worth of the Techno Tent from above (assuming you only have event culture, otherwise more). This adds up to 44 squares, so this manufactory is really only doing 250 per square per day. The event building is about twice as good, so everything is in line.

Almost everything.

Now look at the set buildings of Harvest Festival (as announced by https://elvengems.com/harvest-festival/set-buildings/ )

Set one: Assume you get each set building once, arranging them with the grand prize in the middle. Every building will have 3 links satisfied, the middle one all four. The result is a 7x6 arrangement (42 squares) with 12980 culture (would need 24 squares of Techno Tents) and a normal production of 7840 (15 squares of 535). That's 39 squares worth of event benefits plus gold and supplies. But now come the link bonusses, they add up another 6 times the normal production (90 squares!). So now it's around 130 squares worth of event benefits or 260 squares worth of normal buildings concentrated on only 42 squares. That is a whooping 216 free squares or 5 times as big as the arrangement providing it! Compare that to normal event prizes or diamond buildings, which only provide their own size as free space.

Set two: For those who complete all event quests and do care about daily prizes, it is VERY likely they receive the second grand prize but not the third one. If you add the two tiny set buildings, you will have a total 2100 pop, 2026 culture and a production of 27k, which equates to over 60 squares worth of event buildings or 120 normal ones, which again provides 6 times as much free squares as its own size of 17.

To top thing off, look separately at the tiny buildings (because you will get the big one anyway): They are only 1x1 each, but together they generate a production of 22500 as a link bonus in the big one. So we could almost trash two full-sized manufactories including their supply chain (residences, workshops, streets and culture). And I have not even mentioned yet that second-tier goods need more squares to produce than first-tier goods, so this is over 120 free squares provided by two ... signposts. HONESTLY!?!?!

Since normal event prizes give us free squares in the range of their own size (by being twice as good as normal buildings), I think sets should never give more than twice their own size as free squares (by being three times as good), otherwise this becomes totally unbalanced and there is no real choice but to take set buildings only.

SoggyShorts

@Turbina Have you read the near constant stream of complaints that players "Don't have enough room" and "the set buildings are not powerful enough"?
This is what the players want.
I'll admit that I agree the game is getting easier and easier with event buildings though. Take last event's mana huts which in 4 squares make more than a 15 square library, or the festival merchants which completely remove the seed challenge from chapter 13 if you got some.

I disagree that the sets are the only choice though-- It's very tempting to try and get a dozen Trading Posts that will provide enough portal instants to fill your portal 15x! To give a better idea of what that looks like, the entire Amuni chapter only needs you to make 7.5x your capacity. So with just 6 of these 2x2 buildings, you could remove all Goldsmith and Trapmakers as soon as you get your portal to max level which saves you about 300 squares.

Elrondriel

View attachment 4739
Would be really nice if the tooltip also included the size of the building. It SEEMS like a 2x2, but people who want to buy it should not need to guess.

Persoanlly, I am not buying it - too "pay to win" for me.

Moon Mirror is 2x2 indeed > see Miciah's town.
Shouldn't there be a lovely animation on it ?
Ingame, it seems simply static and different (the watchers are missing) than on the preview ... ? o_O
Why isn't there an option to buy it by diamonds ? I would have given it a thought - not so much for the function, but for the looks, assuming animation will work ...

DeletedUser2561

@Karvest: The daily prize switch happens at midnight of Mid-European Summer Time (MEST). "2 hours later" happens to be midnight UTC. So this is probably unintentional, as every serious programmer trips over time zone problems sooner or later ;-)

DeletedUser

its a bug where expiring buildings doesnt show animation if you visit any city which has them

The animation is also not working in your own city. :(
Hope they will fix it, it is such a mesmerising animation