• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Harvest Festival

edeba

I agree... That was way too fast for most people to recognize. I think it should have been offered permanently for sale from the beginning of the event.

Another strange commercial idea is that I think you could only buy one...

ok, thanks
strange commercial idea

SoggyShorts

there is no way that player can cover his mana needs from just 2x2 buildings, there's no way he can get enough of them.
LoL not to get all "back in my day" but there was a time before event buildings gave mana, and players still made it through chapters 9&10.:p

In my cities, I try to keep a section for normal mana/culture so that I can nuke it and make room without having to nuke something I can't rebuild overnight.
It's also possible that inno will have a mana hut day in this event as well (unless they realized how incredibly overpowered they are);)

DeletedUser2316

I am getting fed up of such long events (by number of missions) in which you can't get the large prizes. Last event where I managed to get a set was Xmas, since then I have partial sets on my inventory... OK, pretty clear made to spend diamons, but could give a much bigger chance to all players... And we should probably focus on the other prizes, rather than sets.

SoggyShorts

@vircit
You can get either Set #2 (which includes the 3rd grand prize) or set #1 for free.
There are also various other prizes that you could choose to focus on.

It's true that you can't get everything for free, but I think that is a good thing as gives us meaningful choices. and it creates diversity (not every city should look exactly the same)

Also for those who don't want to choose between set 1 or 2, they can spend a little cash and get both.
This all seems very reasonable to me

DeletedUser2316

@vircit
You can get either Set #2 (which includes the 3rd grand prize) or set #1 for free.
There are also various other prizes that you could choose to focus on.
Agree for the "other prizes", but its highly unlikely you can get set # 2 in the event. I liked when last Xmas you could get the event set, but was difficult / unlikely to get other non-set buildings in the high.end... So you could get a set, and only a bonus on rare occasions or by paying. since then, I've got incomplete sets that are useless sitting on my inventory

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Agree for the "other prizes", but its not likely to be able to get set#2 due to the amount of suns required, You need to be very very lucky, not just lucky,
Untrue. Being statistically average and using double days for everything except the 2 spirits dailies will get you there.

Long story short: If you spend under 1,000 Moonsplinters trying to get 1 Spirit of Kirit and 1 Kirak, then spending the rest on double days should get you the 3rd GP unless you have below average luck.
2787 from quests
60 per day from daily quest + collecting
------
4300 moon splinters.
With the average building costing 362 splinters when opening small boxes, the 2 dailies cost 724 MS and yield about 145 SF

That leaves you short 1305 SF from GP#3 with 3576 MS remaining.

3576 MS should Yield 1430 SF if used on double days.

That leaves a surplus of either 125 SunFlares, or ~300 MoonSplinters

Last edited:

Loki Blue

I'd get a mouse

I'd get an elephant.

I'd name her Sara and cover her with Fairy Dust. We'd pretend we were lost Haradrim, and do good for a day. Like...I don't know...bring Moon Mead and goat cheese cream cakes to the Shire or something.

grin yolk.png

SoggyShorts

this number can be easily doubled (or even tripled) by bad luck, since you need only 2 buildings - averages doesn't work well...
True, but there's more than a 300 point buffer built into those calcs, and if you spend more than average getting the 2 buildings, you should also get more sunflares in those attempts which helps reach the goal. Doubled should still be OK, but if you don't get the first set piece in around 1200 MS, you're probably screwed. Not 100%, but probably.

For example, I spent 860 MS getting the first building:mad:. But I also got 260 sunflares,:p so my odds of getting the set haven't changed much.

You would need a lot of all-around bad luck to fail the set. I'm sure it'll happen to some players, but hopefully not many.

Lovec Krys

Statistics, average and luck can be very tricky.
If player 1 gets double amount of rewards and player 2 gets nothing, statisticaly they get both the average amount of rewards.
Statistics works best with very large amount of tries, but in events we have only very limited amount of tries..

So from my point of view everyone who tries to get a set is risking that - because of the limited amount of tries - he won't get all set buildings and won't have full set bonus.

Btw, Inno should realy stop the event building miniaturization - due to the limited number of tries per event - smaller buildings are not better then large ones.
If you get 3 3x1 building you get worse bonus than if you get 1 5x3 building even if the 3x1 building bonus per square is better...

SoggyShorts

If player 1 gets double amount of rewards and player 2 gets nothing, statisticaly they get both the average amount of rewards.
Yep, and the average number of legs per person is less than 2.

Still, your odds are pretty decent, and even if you end up with GP1&2 with the 2 daily set buildings plus whatever you got on double days it will be a pretty good haul.
Btw, Inno should really stop the event building miniaturization - due to the limited number of tries per event - smaller buildings are not better than large ones.
I'm happy they are becoming more powerful per square and smaller. We get about 60 event buildings per year between the FA and events, and with Royal restoration spell coming someday it would be nice to fit a few different sets in a city.

Also once you hit the end chapter you have 6-7 months of waiting which is 30-40 event buildings. No one can fit that.it they are bigger than 2x2.

Last edited:

Karvest

There should be both small and big buildings, with small being slightly better than big per square. But big should be good enough to be worth upgrading (even at the end of the game you can't get enough upgrades if your city is filled in with 2x2 event buildings, not talking about growing cities that switch chapters more often).

Lovec Krys

Yes, I agree with Karvest solution. That's the best solution. I'm not against smaller buildings, but i'm against absence of bigger ones.
It takes around two years now to get to the last chapter, so there should be bigger buildings for players who are in lower chapters.
And besides many end chapter players simply don't need much cultural buildings anyway (since they have high level wonders).

About decent chances - well, one player on our forum just posted that he didn't get set building with 16 tries, so he has to give up the set in one city while in other he has chance to get both sets.
I'm not going to even try to get set - I prefer to pickup the best daily prices and try them. For me it's better than rely for decent chance to getting the set (I'm sure that i would't get the whole set and it would just be giant waste of my tries and the whole event would be a failure then).

Well, I wouldn't rely on upgrading event buildings anyway. Who knows when (if) this functions will be implemented (but we all remember that rebalancing has to be done in spring because of this function and it could not waited).