• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce The game fails/shuts down on iPAD mini2

DeletedUser1025

I am playing on iPAD mini 2, iOS 12.1.4
When I log into the game (both beta and CZ servers) and open the help window, the game shuts down. Sometimes it lets me do a few helps (up to 5) before it shuts down.
I cleared the Safari, erased the app, reinstalled the app...nothing helps. FYI, another Inno game (FoE) works fine.

DeletedUser2690

I need more information in order to investigate, please. Would you please outline the steps you take from opening your city until it locks up?

Could you tell me which game version you're running as well?

DeletedUser

I think he means that it happens when he wants to give Neighbourly Help.

DeletedUser1025

Hi,
Jasper got it right:)
I usually get into the game on iPAD to do the neighbourly help only.
I have not noticed the problem before, I was actually playing on iPAD on my holiday in February. About the time I came back from the holidays, the problem started.
When I click on the NH, it just shuts down. Sometimes it lets me do a few clicks (and then shuts down).
The version is, I assume, the newest, I just downloaded it from the AppStore. It says v 1.74.0-9082bd2-256 when uploading.

Karvest

May be you need to free some RAM on your device (not sure how memory management works on iPAD), to stop it from shutting down.

DeletedUser1025

re: Karvest
nice to hear that.... I was told by support that such a problem has never been reported (!) and I should post it here.
I do not think that it is the RAM, all th eother apps work ok, never had this problem with any other app.

DeletedUser2690

Version 1.74 is the latest for IOS. I also use my iPad for giving help. Mine is not a mini iPad. I won't be able to give neighborly help until tonight. I did use it last night with no problems at all, on several cities.

We will research further and post our findings here. Thank you for your patience.

DeletedUser2690

Another question; are you using a service provider such as Verizon, AT&T, etc., or Wi-Fi connection? We need to be able to duplicate your exact situation.

DeletedUser1025

Hi,
I am using a wi-fi connection, I tried 2 different land-line internet connections (with independent wi-fi signals)

DeletedUser2690

I use Wi-Fi also. I just did my visits using my regular iPad and even tried it on my android. I have not been able to reproduce your problem so far. We will keep researching.

DeletedUser1025

I just had a report at the CZ server in my FS about the same problem.
I really do not understand why this issue, which apparently exists, does not get among the confirmed when at least Karvest confirmed the same....???
The fact that you cannot reproduce the bug does not mean that it does not exist. There are probably more people with the same problem. When th eissue stays hidden in the archive as "unable to reproduce", no other persons can confirm. It would never occur to me to look here in the first place. Or is it a policy that when you cannot resolve the issue you wait until those having it to go away?

Marindor

@torchII As you can see from the link that Karvest posted, that bug has already been forwarded (hence the "confirmed" tag on that thread). We're not able to reproduce any other iPad Mini 2 specific issues at the moment, so that's why this thread has been archived as such. If any other players encounter similar issues which are not caused by the bug Karvest linked to, they can still let us know in this thread. Hopefully this makes it more clear for you :)