• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Forbidden Ruins

Droopy

A tiny point - the blue halo of Sorcerer’s Knowledge caches does not show up well against the Winter background for people with poor eyesight; perhaps they might tweak them a bit in future - add a pink or purple halo or something?
Elvenar-beta-SK-highlight-20220111-1128.JPG

It looks they changed it Jack :)

Lelanya

The 'city litter' drops are Sorcerous Knowledge again, and they are nice large scrolls with a magical outline. These are wonderfully visible against a green background but do unfortunately fade a bit when outlined against snow. I know of some players who are going to find locating them challenging.
Thanks folks for changing this.

Enevhar Aldarion

Just look at his site, default filter is "new in latest event".

I did, after doing back through a couple of event threads to dig up the link he has posted before. When looking through his past posts for it, I had not realized he had just posted comments earlier today, so need to worry about him. lol

On the US forum, some people were asking about the new buildings in the event and so far we have only gotten repeat buildings for the daily prizes. But I knew there were 3 new dailies because they have all shown up for me when reshuffling, and @Konniver has not got them on elvenarchitect yet, so I needed a source to share with them.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Thanks @Karvest for the info on the set building.
No I know what is can do for me on a life server chapter 19.
Yes it is big but I also have a carnival set from 2019 when I started to play this game.
And 107k mana every 24h is always nice but maybe I can cover that with some other buildings as well.

Lady Cherokee

My league just reset itself?? I was almost to the Bronze league when this morning I logged on to find myself back in the Hobby league!!

Enevhar Aldarion

10 days to go and exactly 3 grand prizes, or 60 staffs, still needed. With what I have won so far, I still need to win about 300-400 extra Sorcerers Knowledge in those 10 days or I will not get the final building of the set. At least it is staying consistent with past events that use the three chests/beacons, in that a player needs to win about 1000 extra event currency to complete the set/get all the artifacts without using diamonds/money.

Bor de Wolf 1965

[sarcastic mode on]
Same as with the last event, I think I am doing something wrong!
1) I have no ashen phoenix
2) I have no other event boosting building
3) I still struggle with some quests that require CCs or a lot of Vision Vapours
[sarcastic mode off]
But still I am waiting for the new quests and I am at 220 points already.

I don't grab the prices with a chance of a high possible return of bonus scrolls.
I only grab the prices calculated with scrolls needed / points given = lowest number
I only wished for some more magic troops on the prices I get.
But what ever I get I am happy with it.

[edit]
I think I will do the same thing on a life server and I will hit a full set again
[/edit]

Last edited:

Arthus

Event is terribly ballanced. No chance to get full set without paying. Idk what they were thinking.

edeba

Event is terribly ballanced. No chance to get full set without paying. Idk what they were thinking.
I've definitely found this event on the skimping side for how far you can get. I am all caught up on quests, and I've spent my scrolls and I'm only at 189. Need 260 for sorcerers feast, so 71 to go get to that. Sorcerers feast looks like it could be useful for mana and there is another at 360. I like the mana on it, but you'd probably need to pay for the 8300 diamonds to get there, and maybe more, and there isn't anything else of interest. I'm thinking I could end up in the range of 30 short for the 260 and I think that would be 4400 diamonds to get it and that isn't happening. I think I need 1700-1800 more scrolls to get there and at this point I think around 1000 more is what is reasonable. I suppose I could go 2250 and 1200, so probably 3450 diamonds to get there. Too rich for me. It feels like the probability for winning scrolls has been turned way down, and the average cost seems to be fairly high as well.

Enevhar Aldarion

Unless you open a lot of the 22 and 23-cost beacons, it will take about 500 SK per grand prize, 6 of the 75-cost and 1 48-cost. Total SK plus hourly spawns will be enough to get 8 grand prizes, or about 220 staffs, so that is why I said before that you must win about 1000 extra SK to get those final 2 grand prizes and a full set. Of course, the danger of opening a lot of the 22 and 48 chests is they have no extra SK in them.

edeba

Unless you open a lot of the 22 and 23-cost beacons, it will take about 500 SK per grand prize, 6 of the 75-cost and 1 48-cost. Total SK plus hourly spawns will be enough to get 8 grand prizes, or about 220 staffs, so that is why I said before that you must win about 1000 extra SK to get those final 2 grand prizes and a full set. Of course, the danger of opening a lot of the 22 and 48 chests is they have no extra SK in them.
I think I only won about 350 scrolls, and because the win rate was so low, I switched to the cheapest chests. I think I won 30 scroll as well. I know I spent well over 1000 scrolls without winning a single chest and I was going for chests that had scrolls to win. My first win only came 2-3 days ago, I think.

Droopy

I'm on the daily quests and spend almost all my SK. Have currently 188 stafs, need 280 to get the last building of the set.
I've been choosing mainly 23, 75 and 79 and only won 260 SK out of the beacons.

With only 8 days to go i will get the last building only with luck of winning a lot of extra SK.
Currently i'm in Bronze, so other players have more luck :)

This is even with having an Ashen Phoenix and fed from the start.

Last edited: