• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Forbidden Ruins

Mrietha

The app automatically updates for Beta,
It only updates automatically if you are on a wifi connection when you open the game. It does not remember that it has not updated and try again when you open later.
This was my problem earlier today. (See question forum).
I assumed it would update no matter what - You have to go in and access the update in your playstore.

Enevhar Aldarion

It only updates automatically if you are on a wifi connection when you open the game. It does not remember that it has not updated and try again when you open later.
This was my problem earlier today. (See question forum).
I assumed it would update no matter what - You have to go in and access the update in your playstore.

No, what I am talking about is there are two totally separate updates for the app, if you play on both Live and Beta servers. The Live update, the main version, always comes as an update from your app store that has to be downloaded and installed. But the Beta version updates are push updates and happen without us having to do anything. So if you are not keeping your main version updated from the store, the Beta version can get several updates ahead and end up causing the problems with events or with other major updates.

DeletedUser3726

In the silver and gold league you can now get a building of your choice from the old pilgrim’s manor set. While I appreciate the chance that people are able to get missing buildings from previous events, I think this option should be more accessible than just to the top 5% of players. I liked the way how to obtain the old phoenix artifacts - converting the new artifacts into old ones. This way people do have to pay a price for getting the old ones (because it was 3 new artifacts for 1 old artifact, if I remember correctly, so nobody could get a fully evolved new building and level the old one at the same time). But it was an option which was available to everybody.
These times the options to get old event buildings are getting more and more p2w without any chance to get there without paying a really big amount of diamonds (this was also true for the last event).
Even completing the event building is most likely going to require purchasing event currency by the looks of it.
The complete set requires 260 staves which will cost anywhere from 5720 - 7500 event currency. I'm estimating 3750 from quests, 630 from daily gift and 400 from pick ups. That still leaves players a 1-3k event currency short.

Enevhar Aldarion

The complete set requires 260 staves which will cost anywhere from 5720 - 7500 event currency. I'm estimating 3750 from quests, 630 from daily gift and 400 from pick ups. That still leaves players a 1-3k event currency short.

More like at little over 4000 knowledge for all 78 quests, plus 660 from 22 free daily gifts, plus the 100 we are started with, plus 440 from drops, at an average of 20 per day. So easily 5200+ knowledge, before factoring in the cost of your Beacons or the amount of extra knowledge won back from the Beacons. And for those with a level 10 Ashen Phoenix, add about 115 more to that total. If this is similar to the last several that gave currency in the chests, about 800 extra will need to be won, and the highest cost Beacons are avoided, and getting 260 staffs should happen.

DeletedUser3726

I was looking at the map with the beacons and can't exactly remember what was my strategy last time but I do remember I ended up having hard time getting all the set pieces, so...

Is there some obvious strategy if you would be just going after the set pieces ?

PS. I think it had something to do with the extra "currency" that can be won from beacons.

I calculated the best value beacons if your goal is to get as many staff for EC as possible.
**Please note that the cost per staff is calculated as though you actually did win EC so its very much a lottery.
Beacons in order from best to worst.
Cost per staff (winnings adj)Beaconno. of stavesChance of winning ECAmount

Best value chests without considering winnings are as follows (cheapest to most expensive):
22, 23, 48, 75, 79, 29/58, 60, 33.

DeletedUser3726

More like at little over 4000 knowledge for all 78 quests, plus 660 from 22 free daily gifts, plus the 100 we are started with, plus 440 from drops, at an average of 20 per day. So easily 5200+ knowledge, before factoring in the cost of your Beacons or the amount of extra knowledge won back from the Beacons. And for those with a level 10 Ashen Phoenix, add about 115 more to that total. If this is similar to the last several that gave currency in the chests, about 800 extra will need to be won, and the highest cost Beacons are avoided, and getting 260 staffs should happen.

I bet you were voted most optimistic in your year book, right? ;)

Mrietha

No, what I am talking about is there are two totally separate updates for the app, if you play on both Live and Beta servers. The Live update, the main version, always comes as an update from your app store that has to be downloaded and installed. But the Beta version updates are push updates and happen without us having to do anything. So if you are not keeping your main version updated from the store, the Beta version can get several updates ahead and end up causing the problems with events or with other major updates.
Thank you.
I didn't know that one was pushed and the other came through the store.
Always something new to learn.

Hazel Caballus

Been waiting for the update to appear in apples appstore, but it hasn’t
Yesterday when the event just started I went to apples App Store and updated Elvenar. Worked fine for me, no issues with the event. So far, I often had to update Elvenar from the App Store when a new event came to Beta.

Jackluyt

Disclaimer: Use this information at own risk! There are other methods that can be used to calculate 'Best Beacon' that give different results to the method I used. I am not particularly interested in ‘mathematical play’, but have included this for those who are.

Note that it may perhaps be better to take the smaller of two chests that are similar in expected yield, even if it is fractionally less likely to give the item you want. This is because if you don’t get the item you want, you will waste a lot more S K on the big chest - which you could use better on another, more advantageous chest.

Best Beacon at the top of list, using the least Sorcerer's Knowledge; worst at the bottom.

271489999_10220358731459018_2878560018718549256_n.jpg

Full event information is in this Google Doc: https://tinyurl.com/3j877v5s

King Luckybaby

Ich habe immer die billigste Box für einen Schritt genommen

22 für 1 oder 75 für 3 schritte

Mein Wunsch für diese Veranstaltung:
Der Austausch von aktiven Spalten (altes Kapitel)
und natürlich – die neuen Setbuildings

Jetzt – meine aktuelle Aufgabe – 45

Gestern - Ich habe meine gesamte Event-Währung gegeben

Und....

Ich habe 9x aktive Spalte gewonnen
Ich konnte 9x umtauschen
Großartig!!! :cool:

und...

Ich habe 4 Set-Gebäude
Ich konnte schlechte, alte Gebäude aus meiner Stadt entfernen
Meine Stadt produziert mich – jetzt – Set nicht komplett – mehr als früher :)

Ich bin – jetzt nach 2 Tagen – schon glücklich :cool:

Obwohl - ich habe nie Event-Währung zurückbekommen :(

Last edited:

Sprite1313

A tiny point - the blue halo of Sorcerer’s Knowledge caches does not show up well against the Winter background for people with poor eyesight; perhaps they might tweak them a bit in future - add a pink or purple halo or something?
Definitely on PC; I would almost recommend going with something darker than a pink - red, maybe. Definitely something to make it pop against the bluish-white snow.

Pauly7

It seems from the comments that I have to go update the app in order to make this event work, which I will now do. What I'm wondering, though, isn't the app supposed to prompt us to update when it wants to? Clearly a lot of us are running old versions.

Incidentally, I'm on 1.143, apparently two versions behind.

Enevhar Aldarion

It seems from the comments that I have to go update the app in order to make this event work, which I will now do. What I'm wondering, though, isn't the app supposed to prompt us to update when it wants to? Clearly a lot of us are running old versions.

Incidentally, I'm on 1.143, apparently two versions behind.

My Android Phone updated to 1.144 back on Wednesday, but maybe the Apple store is running behind. Google and Apple seem to take turns doing that.

aliceFalling

in quests 10 and 13 the wording "and/or" is not correct, in both cases it only works when they are all mosaics/figurines etc. it doesn't accept more than one type.

Attachments

• error AND OR.jpg
    error AND OR.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 147

DeletedUser3726

I always took the cheapest box for one step

22 for 1 or 75 for 3 steps

My wish for this event:
The exchange of active crevice (old chapter)
and of course – the new Setbuildings

Now – my current task – 45

Yesterday - I gave all of my event currency

And ….

I won 9x active crevice
I was able to exchange 9x
Great !!! :cool:

and …

I have 4 Set buildings
I was able to remove bad, old buildings from my city
My city produces me – now - Set not completely – more than before :)

I'm – now after 2 days - already happy :cool:

Although - I never got event currency back :(
The 23 beacon is better value than the 22 because the 23 has a chance of winning back event currency but the 22 doesn't.

DeletedUser3726

Disclaimer: Use this information at own risk! There are other methods that can be used to calculate 'Best Beacon' that give different results to the method I used. I am not particularly interested in ‘mathematical play’, but have included this for those who are.

Note that it may perhaps be better to take the smaller of two chests that are similar in expected yield, even if it is fractionally less likely to give the item you want. This is because if you don’t get the item you want, you will waste a lot more S K on the big chest - which you could use better on another, more advantageous chest.

Best Beacon at the top of list, using the least Sorcerer's Knowledge; worst at the bottom.

271489999_10220358731459018_2878560018718549256_n.jpg

Full event information is in this Google Doc: https://tinyurl.com/3j877v5s
I'm glad to see my math matched yours :)

Konys

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
in quests 10 and 13 the wording "and/or" is not correct, in both cases it only works when they are all mosaics/figurines etc. it doesn't accept more than one type.
Hi @aliceFalling, I've checked your file and you have collected (after accepting that quest):
- 1 wooden figurine (3h production, counted)
- 2 decorative pillars (9h production, not counted)
- 2 decorative pillars (9h production, not counted)
- 1 wooden figurine (3h production, counted)

Quest is working correctly, counting 3h productions and not 9h ones.