• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Forbidden Ruins

aliceFalling

Hi @aliceFalling, I've checked your file and you have collected (after accepting that quest):
- 1 wooden figurine (3h production, counted)
- 2 decorative pillars (9h production, not counted)
- 2 decorative pillars (9h production, not counted)
- 1 wooden figurine (3h production, counted)

Quest is working correctly, counting 3h productions and not 9h ones.
really? oops. thank you!

CrazyWizard

I found my first almost impossible quest in this new event for low level chapter players.

Quest 9:
Produce 2 advanced tools (no problem here)
Fight and win 3 encounters OR use 1 pet food (here is the problem)

I am at the red zone in regarding to the scouting part and fighting on the world map (I am in chapter 4 so I need to buy the provinces)
You need to be lucky to have a pet you can feed or this is a no go as well.
While some pointed out there is a workaround I am indeed not a fan of this quest in an event that has no pet.
As long as an event rewards a pet it's a fine quest to incorporate.

Jammin

I've finished with the tasks, respectively arrived to the dailys, good event, nice set but the avatars? ... especially the female, have the developers ever seen a pretty girl? Inno should let its developers out of the basement from time to time so that they can see a girl.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

I've finished with the tasks, respectively arrived to the dailys, good event, nice set but the avatars? ... especially the female, have the developers ever seen a pretty girl? Inno should let its developers out of the basement from time to time so that they can see a girl.
Not all pretty girls have to be white ;)
It's an nubian princess

I also love the male avatar. it's firts a crazy scientist theme.

Jammin

Not all pretty girls have to be white ;)
It's an nubian princess

No, but this avatar doesn't flatter the African female at all. Besides that, if it's a princess then what's the point of the skull on the forehead.
This is what a nubian princess looks like.
8ac67d4085d568223cf69097d705fbe2.jpg
or so
a9288a113a1029760256fd0a12839625.jpg
or so
b2330e8ef9d6e56eaf2eab3025e6886f.jpg

Last edited:

Bazel

Is there a quest list for this event posted somewhere? I find it helpful in planning to know what quests are on the horizon.

Enevhar Aldarion

Is there a quest list for this event posted somewhere? I find it helpful in planning to know what quests are on the horizon.

The entire quest list has not been posted anywhere yet, because we still have about 20 days of daily quests to go. Sometimes people will pull the list out of the data files and share that, but I have not seen that yet, and do not trust them until I see the quest in my city, since things do change on Beta before we get them, but after they are pulled from the data files. But yeah, the list linked above me is done by @Jackluyt for his Facebook group.

Enevhar Aldarion

Now, on a different note, about the building set. I was putting out the first four buildings, and looking at the positioning, and saw that two of the buildings touch three other buildings in the set, but only have two link bonuses. I always thought that a building that had link bonuses got a bonus for every building it touched? I don't have access to a list of every set ever given out in the game, but can anyone verify this about previous sets?

@Marindor can this even be checked on with the devs as intentional or do they maybe owe us a third link bonus on those two buildings?

Turbina

First of all, some buildings have less link bonuses than the number of buildings in the set; from the start.

Second, buildings do not get link bonuses for other buildings they touch, but for building types. So if you have two copies of the same building touching a different set building, those two copies will only award one link bonus to the third building.

Maybe one of these two things already answers your question?

Enevhar Aldarion

First of all, some buildings have less link bonuses than the number of buildings in the set; from the start.

Second, buildings do not get link bonuses for other buildings they touch, but for building types. So if you have two copies of the same building touching a different set building, those two copies will only award one link bonus to the third building.

Maybe one of these two things already answers your question?

Nope

Karvest

I always thought that a building that had link bonuses got a bonus for every building it touched?
Nope, there are both buildings with more set bonuses than can be achieved for all parts of set (Kirit&Krarak set) and less than granted by suggested set layout (Piligrims set).

Alcaro

A tiny point - the blue halo of Sorcerer’s Knowledge caches does not show up well against the Winter background for people with poor eyesight; perhaps they might tweak them a bit in future - add a pink or purple halo or something?
Definitely on PC; I would almost recommend going with something darker than a pink - red, maybe. Definitely something to make it pop against the bluish-white snow.
I think that Inno's devs are afraid of some colors like pink, red, orange, purple, violet. If they dare to use them will suddenly be transformed in pink-ish, red-ish, orange-ish, purple-ish, violet-ish at such a degree that sometimes you barely see what color was supposed to be. :p:D

Bor de Wolf 1965

@Alcaro has given a nice solution but as most buildings in this game have some moving part, I would suggest to make the blueish halo switch between the blue shade it has now and a light reddish shade.
I bet that will be seen by everyone.

Jackluyt

All the event information that is currently accessible is in this Google Doc:
https://tinyurl.com/3j877v5s
This is not meant only for my Facebook group; all our material is created for the broader Elvenar community, and you are welcome to share the link with all your friends and fellowships. You are also welcome to contribute suggestions and improvements.
:)

271713247_10220371798985698_6362918665372382147_n.jpg

eleutheria

Well, so far, it's pretty decent, but the set is just too big, so I'm not bothering with keeping it. Graphics, as always, are glorious, the artistes you employ are amazing. Just hoping that the tasks don't get to insane, you know, back to back mass KPs, etc, which I did complain about the last tourney. In my main city, I've overextended the provinces, so I sure hope there aren't too many of them in this event. I'm slowing down advancig chapters, since I'm in my favorite chapter, Fairies, and facing Orcs, the chapter I hated when I played years back. Fairy is just so pretty.