• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Buried City

Laurelin-Beta

Thanks for the replies... but I was more wondering whether Inno have any standard in-house (vs player-facing) term which they use for specifically and only the Event Currency drops/spawns around our Cities - seeing as the term 'Event Currency' applies to all EC earned from any/all sources (not solely from City drops) and also seeing as each Event does indeed use an entirely different 'player-facing' name for both the Event Currency and the paybacks which it 'buys', even though the fundamental system of collecting EC and exchanging it for those paybacks never essentially changes.

The unchanging nature of the reward-earning-and-granting structure underlying all Events, no matter their GUI format, suggests to me that Inno probably does have an in-house term both for EC (currently 'Provisions') and for the items which buy 'steps' along the Grand Prize path in each Event (currently 'Amuni Knowledge'), and so I wonder what those terms might be - if any consistent cross-Event terms are used at all.

I tend to go with 'City spawns' myself, although that's just me, of course - although in the case of at least two Events I can recall, i.e. The Sorcerer's Pilgrimage of last year and its follow-on Event this year, The Forbidden Ruins, Inno appears to agree with me, as per this notification taken from Live:

Forbidden_Ruins_Event_Currency_Drop_Notification.png

... I must say that when I first saw this notification last year, it did cross my mind that 'spawned' is rather a technical/computer game-related term, rather than a magical/fanasy-related one which would probably better have fitted the Event's theme, but who am I to question Inno's wisdom?! :D
... Sorry for the less-than-critically-important musings. I'll shush now! :)

DeletedUser3726

@Marindor
Quest 54 asks for 15 vision vapours with no alternative. Is it possible to get an 'or' alternative for pre-chapter 3 cities please? Prior to this there have already been quests asking for spell frags & VV. These quests are extremely difficult for pre-ch 3 cities with the only alternative to scrap precious resources into frags. Given the fact that the free version of the MA only offers 25% ROI on frags, this quest is unachievable without spending money.

Bor de Wolf 1965

You will build the magic academy in chapter 1 so I doubt they would make an OR quest of quest 54 part 1.
I will admit it is very hard to do it in chapter 2 but I know I managed it.

Jackluyt

You will build the magic academy in chapter 1 so I doubt they would make an OR quest of quest 54 part 1.
I will admit it is very hard to do it in chapter 2 but I know I managed it.

There have been reports that some of the quests appear to be modified to accommodate chapters 1 and 2 cities.
If so that is a very positive development and well done designers! I maintain that no event should be a 'game-stopper' for ANY player; that is a sure-fire way to lose the newcomers...

This is what a player sent me:

Hi, Jack - First, thanks for all you do here.
1f642.png
Quite the community you have built and you are a great resource.

I wanted to share something I suspect but cannot yet prove. I think the devs may be creating event quest lines that vary by chapter. One of my cities is struggling thru Ch 2 right now, so I created a quest list out of my larger city (Ch 10). When I compared it to yours, there were some minor differences that I assumed was my recording error. So now my Ch 2 city is paying much closer attention. I'm positive Quest 53 is different. Instead of the CCs/VV portion, I got collect coins instead.

Maillie

The one-a-day quests do not give enough currency to actually play the game. It's particularly blocking in this type of format. Going a couple of days without even being able to purchase the smaller set of goods is not a lot of fun while the last week is ticking away. Yes, we can use the currency to purchase a scant few of the 10 point hand shovels, but they take a few seconds to use and can turn up nothing.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Now we are on the last day of this event I would like to talk about the League prizes, for I think they are just stupid.
To get to silver you need at this moment 262 points, so you have enough artefacts for a level 10 evolving building, and what do you get?
Right you get an extra artefact for the building you got to max level already.
To get to gold you need at this moment 286 points, so you have enough artefacts for a level 10 evolving building, and what do you get?
Right you get 2 extra artefact for the building you got to max level already.

In my opinion players that hit Iron should get 1 artefact extra and the Bronze players should get the 2 artefacts.
The Silver and Gold players prizes could be something like 1 and 2 selectable old artefacts for older evolving buildings.
That way about 50% of the players are happy with what they got in total for the event.
You put in the effort, and bronze players do that, you get a full evolving building and most Iron players have a chance on a full building as well or are happy to get at least a level 9 building.

Last edited:

Hazel Caballus

Now we are on the last day of this event I would like to talk about the League prizes, for I think they are just stupid.
I also complained about this when they started the league system. It seems to me that the people who need them the least get additional artifacts, while players who need them don’t get them. As I’ve been following along the discussions I realized that the league system prizes, especially gold league, are targeted at players who want to have a second evo building. By giving them 2 artifacts as a start, they should be motivated to spend more diamonds/money in order to get more artifacts, so that they will eventually get a second fully (or at least reasonably) evolved building. As Inno continued with the strategy to give 2 artifacts in gold league, I guess they’re satisfied with the results. Imagining that a certain group of players is highly motivated to get a second evo building, it does make sense to me now.
What I still don’t like is that only a small number of active event players (around 5%, as we can see from the end results of the leagues) were able to get 9 artifacts. I believe that everyone who finished the quest line and made reasonable choices of using their event currency should have a good chance to get the complete building. Adding one artifact as a prize to Bronze league would be a good idea, even adding one to Iron league, but it’s very unlikely that this would happen.
9D8A2648-383B-4370-8C98-CB4E83C9B962.jpeg

edeba

To get to silver you need at this moment 262 points, so you have enough artefacts for a level 10 evolving building, and what do you get?
Right you get an extra artefact for the building you got to max level already.
To get to gold you need at this moment 286 points, so you have enough artefacts for a level 10 evolving building, and what do you get?
Right you get 2 extra artefact for the building you got to max level already.

In my opinion players that hit Iron should get 1 artefact extra and the Bronze players should get the 2 artefacts.
The Silver and Gold players prizes could be something like 1 and 2 selectable old artefacts for older evolving buildings.
That way about 50% of the players are happy with what they got in total for the event.
You put in the effort, and bronze players do that, you get a full evolving building and most Iron players have a chance on a full building as well or are happy to get at least a level 9 building.
There are people that want two of some evolving buildings and getting two from the league makes it more attainable. I don't see how your suggestions help the bottom line at all. I think the way they have it encourages those that wish to double up on an evolving building.