• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug The app crushes too often

Uffauffa

I know today is Saturday and developers are not “available” till Monday and I know this is maybe a very hard “problem” to reproduce, but I would like to submit it the same, ‘cause it is going to be very disappointing.

Game version: 1.142.1-aa881bf-256 (zz 1.144)
Game world: Beta zz1
Operating System or Mobile Device: IOS 15.1 ipad 7th 2019
Account name: Uffauffa
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: unknown, i.e. today it happened four times in half a day.

Current situation: during normal playing, the app crushes and closes itself, sometimes but not every time after three-four seconds of freezing. Just to give a kind of “report” how my ipad consider the elvenar app between the “app in use”, I enclose a screenshot where elvenar app is still an “app in use”, but it appears “all black”, and this is unusual.
This has been happening for about ten days, getting worse day by day, and the situation is the same in the ITA worlds.
A similar situation happened in the past, but now the crushing is going to happen too often during the same day.

Expected situation: the app works properly.

Reproduction Steps
1. during normal play the app suddenly crushes

Screenshots of the bug:
76FBC0EA-B3CA-49F9-9B0B-5F1234A810F8.jpeg

Last edited:

DeletedUser3847

Maybe a task manager, low memory, or storage problem. Can not help you more as i am on android.

Enevhar Aldarion

I have seen other people say that uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes helps. Something gets corrupted in the files and nothing else will fix it. This seems to be most common right after a new update.

pinksunset

Ex-Team Member
Please try the following:

Double-tap on the navigation button and swipe to close Elvenar. This will make the game reload.

Switch off and on your device.

Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the game, as some data may have been missed in the most recent update.

Carry out a soft reset of your modem. Switch off your modem for about 3 mins.

Please also check your internet connection, especially if you keep seeing the weak connection icon.

Uffauffa

Thanks @pinksunset for the suggestions, but I did already all of them and no changes: the game crushes the same.
No problem of memory, the connection is at the best, i.e., even for watching HQ movies.

I wonder if it’s only me to suffer this. (between IOS users, of course)

I’m almost sure the problem started in connection with 142 version.
For instance, before 142, when I used to “park“ the app without closing it and then I ”call” it again using the “apps in use option”, the game was simply back at the point where it was suspended.
With 142 version, even if the image through the “apps in use“ showed the last game image at the point when I “park” it, the app starts again with a full uploading, like it was closed before. And it wasn’t.

Maybe Enevhar is right, if developers won’t check this problem, my last hope is to wait a new game version and pray for the best. But in the meantime it is very frustrating.

FieryArien

I wonder if it’s only me to suffer this. (between IOS users, of course)
No, you are not the only one. For me it’s recurring problem though; definitely not just the last version. Actually it did appear again with the last version, but eventually I restarted my iPad earlier this week and at the moment it no longer crashes.

Heffernan

Just a thought…
you seem to be using ios 15.1 did you update to that lately ? I’m using ios14.6 an no probs whatsoever ipad air 2.

Uffauffa

Thanks everybody for sharing your experiences.
And yes, after the last crush of this morning, I switched off everything and preferred to put up the balls at the Christmas tree.
I don’t know if it’s a Christmas miracle or a fool, but after then, lets say, it has not crushed again. At least yet. Hope. Finger crossed. Merry Christmas to me…

Anyway, does anybody ever experienced a “total black crush”? While playng, the city map goes in total black view, while the buildings where still selectable in the darkness ( :D ) and the other features are visible and available.
The only option is to close and restart.
Rare ”crush”, so I never opened a thread about…

you seem to be using ios 15.1 did you update to that lately ?
Let’s say more than one month? Anyway, before 142 for sure. And 141 worked properly.
Everytime I update IOS, I’m always scared about the compatibility with the apps. That’s why I do not update my “job” Mac since ten years ago and it works perfectly. But, ok, it’s not a necessarily web connected machine, so, easy to do it.

Last edited:

FieryArien

Anyway, does anybody ever experienced a “total black crush”? While playng, the city map goes in total black view, while the buildings where still selectable in the darkness ( :D ) and the other features are visible and available.
The only option is to close and restart.
Rare ”crush”, so I never opened a thread about…
Yes, me again. ;) It’s indeed rare. I think I’ve met it about 5 times altogether. The screen turns black, but all the controls around on the sides are still visible. :D Simple restart of the app indeed solves this.