• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Amuni

Lovec Krys

The original complaint that needed fixing was that some players were several chapters behind in the questline and would never catch up. I don't think it was the developer's intention to allow players to continue skipping the questline going forwards.
They could easily have allowed declining the whole chapter. This way you wouldn't be "several chapters behind",
Getting the diamonds every chapter for free isn't fair at all.

Besides, it clearly didn't work, did it? You are still quitting the questline every single chapter and are planning to keep on doing so.
That's not so much diamonds after all, if you get each chapter one Wishing Well, you'll probably get more from it than from quests.

Yes, I intend to do that. There are quests which I don't want to do and there are quests which I'm unable to do without hurting my city - I'm already below the required settlement size by quests and it won't get any bigger with the upcoming chapters (more likely even smaller).

SoggyShorts

I'm already below the required settlement size by quests and it won't get any bigger with the upcoming chapters (more likely even smaller).
This is exactly what the devs should be trying to avoid.

You have made a logical choice to ignore guest race space and use it for tournaments instead.
There should be more of a trade-off.
There should be a reason to devote more space to the guest race, a reason to do the quests.

It's the same problem as skipping SS techs. The logical choice is to skip all optional SS techs. Complete design flaw.

Dony

King of Bugs
this can change with quest system overhaul which i guess wont happen sooner then with chapter 15, so more or less 1 year from now.
they got exact same feedback about this the day when they introduced that change and since nothing happened i guess its how they want it right now

iDavis

I agree with a need of changing current quest system. Technical aspect is currently work in progress, as Marindor mentioned already several times, but changing it from logical and game balance standpoint is definitely not less important. Inno should think about, what does really motivate players to do a quests, to create more space in city than they need just for completing all of them. Changes in rewards are of course most important. Spells like coin rains, supply windfalls or boosters were implememted around chapter 12, what doesn't mean players in lower chapters don't need them. But quests in those chapters don't contain such a rewards.
On the top of that, I don't think the current system, where the story is the most important part of quests is very good. Or at least a current handling of that. I can imagine many aside quests from different guest race specific quest givers, which don't have tu be neccesary story telling, but containing a lot of valuable rewards. Random system can always motivate players, so lets consider new chests containing boosters for example, sorted by chances to get (%) and specific values of time reducing.

And I think these changes could be doable also with the first 14 chapters @Dony , it's quiet an important want and there is no need to wait until chapter 15, or whatever comes then.

Dony

King of Bugs
new quest system was promised 15 months ago, i doubt they will rush that for next chapter considering that story for a chatper is done long time ago (usually its first thing)

Heymrdiedier

new quest system was promised 15 months ago, i doubt they will rush that for next chapter considering that story for a chatper is done long time ago (usually its first thing)
15 months ago? are you sure about that? seems like BSA has only been around that long. I agree the feedback that it had to change came from the very first bsa, but it wasnt promised to change till months later i tought.

edeba

I went a long time without doing the questline because of poor design. I was just doing it logically to enable to keep the tech tree open and not mess up space for something I figured I could, and did do later, and then something couldn't be done later was hiding behind it and required going back and rebuilding the previous chapter's portal. So I think I did about 4 or 5 chapters with the questline blocked.

If there was any value to the storyline from the questline, well, by game design it was completely lost on me and it something I really don't care able at all. This happened to quite a few people and talking among ourselves, support was universal, blame the player for poor playing. So poor design spilled over into "shaming" and poor customer support.

Lovec Krys

Please give as better houses next race. I'm tired of copper roofs and similar look to the horrible halfings houses!

Lovec Krys

@Karvest Yes, but that's only temporary. But that's not what I'm talking about.
Just compare Dwarven, Fairies, Orcs, Wood elven, W&D houses (and Workshops) - how different they are.
And take Halfings, Elemental, Amuni houses - how similar they are - both in color and shape.

Karvest

well, that won't change in next chapter, not sure about shape - IMHO it's different for all Halflings+, but roof style remains the same.

Lovec Krys

@Karvest
Yes, roof style remained unchanged - that's the problem.
The worst part is that it's the ugliest roof from all levels (at least for elves). (The worst is the Halfings, but thanks to the unchanged roof style, those after are not much better)

Karvest

Don't think they will redesign already prepared next chapter buildings by your request. You should have created this request way earlier.

iDavis

@Lovec Krys they just want to stress human / elves style by these residences, it's intended. We will see it in next chapter as well, but I'm trying to say, that it'll be the last time.