• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Amuni

edeba

Wow, I just looked at the announcement and the wiki because I wanted to get it straight as to which t2 makes what t5 good and if the information is there, it is very well hidden...

Seriously, the wiki needs a rewrite from-

"The Crystal Manufactory produces Crystal, which belongs to the "Crafted Goods", one of the three categories Goods are grouped into. Producing Goods requires input resources (Coins, Supplies). There are 4 options to start a Goods production, which differ in production time and amount of input and output."

to:

"The Crystal Manufactory produces Crystal early and from chapter 12 also produces _____________, which belongs to the "Crafted Goods", one of the three categories Goods are grouped into. Producing Goods requires input resources (Coins, Supplies). There are 4 options to start a Goods production, which differ in production time and amount of input and output."

Same rewrite for the rest of the wiki.

Karvest

sentient crystals = Obsidian (Lapislazuli)
sentient scrolls = Arcane Ink (Papyrus)
sentient silk = Royal Velvet

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

TL;DR:
  • The 4 Pillars of the Temple are the best use of space.
  • The other monuments cost too much in Gold&Traps to be worth building.
  • 12/6 is ~6% better than 10/5, but requires 18% more space(3 expansions)
UPDATE Aug 18:
Current plan is
7 goldsmiths level 2
3 goldsmiths level 3
1 trap maker level 1
5 trap makers level 2
4 pillars
0 palms
0 temples

Im planning for 12/6, but im not sure at all if thats possible prestige wise.
thats my plan aswell,
My concern with this method is the quests.
With 12/6 and no monuments you can't even get 2 of each up to level 4.
I suppose you can wait until the end and nuke some to upgrade others, but I don't love that idea

6 Level 2 Gold
6 Level 1 Gold
3 Level 2 Trap
3 Level 1 Trap
0 monuments
-------------------
678 Gold/15m
114 Traps/15m
negative 44 prestige possible issues with quests
8 level 3 Gold
2 Level 4 Gold
3 Level 3 Trap
2 Level 4 Trap
Full monuments
-------------------
956 Gold/15m
208 Trap/15m
10 prestige leftover
Needs 34 more squares than 12/6
8 Level 4 Gold
4 Level 4 Trap
Full monuments
------------------------

912 Gold/15m
188 Trap/15m
Needs 41 Fewer squares than 12/6

Personally this makes me think that 8/4 is the simplest and easiest route. To get the same production as 8/4 using low level buildings and a no monuments strategy you'd need to go 20/10.
Perhaps there is a sneaky sweet spot with half monuments, but I haven't found it....yet.

EDIT I think I found the sweet spot.
8 level 2 golds
2 level 4 golds
1 level 1 trap
2 level 2 traps
2 level 4 traps
4 pillars
2 palms
---------------------
772 Gold/15m
169 Traps/15m
25 fewer squares than 12/6, and pretty cheap.

2 Level 1 Gold
6 Level 2 Gold
2 Level 4 Gold
3 Level 1 Trap
2 Level 4 Trap
4 pillars
-----------------------
726 Gold/15m
151 Traps/15m
43 fewer squares than 12/6

The problem with the monuments after the pillars is that they cost Gold and Traps to make.
A full monument set up costs 243,000 grave goods. If you look at the options above, you can see that you only get ~240 more gold per 15 min run with the "full set", which means you'd need to do more than 1,000 15 minute runs before you start to turn a profit for the guest race goods you spent.

My conclusion is that the 4 pillars monuments are a great idea, but you can probably skip the rest.
12/6 with pillars is only 6% more production than 10/5 with pillars, and requires 3 more expansions, so unless space is no issue for you, my recommendation is 10/5.

Last edited:

Jaxom

How much t4 is being used outside of the tech tree?
169000 of each are needed for tech tree. i have found no need for T4 to build any Amuni settlement building.

how many T2 factories do you plan to upgrade to max? :)
I will build 1 T5 and do not intend to upgrade it at all. I will enchant it to improve production. I will only go as fast as that 1 T5 will allow. Too costly to build more.

Angeduciel

Since I want to be able to do all the chapter quests, it looks like I have only one way (12 Amuni manufacturing buildings at level 4 and the full monument sets) to build my settlement :confused:
Why giving us so little flexibility? I don't like the quests to be too rigid :(

Jaxom

I agree that the quests are strict. They force building and upgrading that stifle creativity.
And it is not as if the rewards for completing these quests are so great that we want to do them.

Since the next chapter is months away I would have preferred to not be forced to upgrade all my production buildings. I'd rather just wade through the chapter slowly and not waste production materials (grave and traps) on upgrades. There is no rush to complete this.

I still plan to build only 1 T5 goods building and to not upgrade it. I am not wasting population and space on T5 when it has so little value outside this chapter. And I will have plenty of time to gather and trade for what I need.

But I must admit that I do have enough space to do this chapter. Fortunately I am not faced with the problem of having built a lot of T4 buildings. When I look at some of the top players and see how many they have built up I am glad that I never did. Deleting them to free space would give up a LOT of ranking points. Glad now that I never got enough high ranked to care about deleting things as needed.

SoggyShorts

!!Spoiler alert!!

...just noticed this list on gamersgems site - how correct is it I don't have a clue, I'm not quite there yet.
https://elvengems.com/amuni/quests/
Boo Hiss!
I think I may stick with my 10/5+pillars which will lock me out of the quests at #30.
The rewards for spending an extra 250,000 grave goods plus however many traps don't cut it for me. Oh and trading 60,000 T5 for T2 is a pretty crappy deal too.:rolleyes:

Dony

King of Bugs
i have already ended main quest line where i need to upgrade 5 workshops, i wont build 5th, i would rather drop to 3 only, supplies flowing from every corner to be an issue anymore

Karvest

I think I may stick with my 10/5+pillars
you can't place more than 4 pillars... The quests require you to build all available monuments, and upgrading all 4/8 production buildings require all monuments to be placed as well. There is zero variability left for player choice, and even those 4/8 is not the best ratio for production buildings if you want finish chapter without quests.

SoggyShorts

The quests that are detrimental to your progress should at least give a good 1x1 building as a reward to compensate or maybe one of the new FA ranking buildings.
5 KP or 20K mana for setting your city back 2-5 days is terrible.
The best strategy for quests is to skip them until the next chapter and then decline all of the bad ones, doing just the logical stuff, and that is not a good design.
you can't place more than 4 pillars... The quests require you to build all available monuments, and upgrading all 4/8 production buildings require all monuments to be placed as well. There is zero variability left for player choice, and even those 4/8 is not the best ratio for production buildings if you want finish chapter without quests.
To be clear:
10 Goldsmiths (7@L2 + 3@L3)
5 Trap Makers (4@L2+ 1@L3
4 Pillars
0 Palms
0 temples of veneration/purification
Stop quests at #30

ekarat

Can you spell out that math please? I'm missing something:

I am willing to believe I'm missing something. Can someone please let me know what that is?

Edit: Never mind. Got it. The prestige costs are additive, not cumulative.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
every upgrade require aditional prestige, in your math you only inclue 1 prestige from upgrade and miss 3 others

SoggyShorts

10/5 is not best ratio too. Count amount of goods you need for techs.
Really? It's very very close..
With
10 Goldsmiths (7@L2 + 3@L3)=749 Gold in 15m
5 Trap Makers (4@L2+ 1@L3)=150 Traps in 15m
Techs cost
749,000 Gold (exactly 1,000 15 minute runs)
156,000 Traps(1,040 15 minute runs)

So as long as I build/upgrade my traps a little bit sooner than my smiths it should work out perfectly, no?

EDIT: I need to add up all upgrade costs next, but so far the ratio looks good.

SoggyShorts

that numbers are completly wrong :)
I just took them off GOK
ch13 goods.jpg