• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Amuni

Deleted User - 60152

@Jaxom - actually I'm planning on ignoring the quests as long as I can while I concentrate on the tech tree.

Jaxom

Good analysis Dony! I had not sat down and calculated the prestige stuff.
And we can only hope that your prediction will be true Karvest. I will be in no hurry to use up all of my seeds and mana trying to go quickly through the chapter. Lvl 4 should not be needed to complete it before chapter 14 arrives next year.

Jaxom

@Jaxom - actually I'm planning on ignoring the quests as long as I can while I concentrate on the tech tree.
I am tempted to do this too but I have seen that ignoring the tasks can get you in trouble because you don't plan your city to allow their mandated "Build n of x" tasks. And I might as well pick up the rewards for doing the things that they require.
But I did choose to research Workshops before residences as I need to upgrade a few of them to fit my city plan. I really don't need 10 level 30 residences. I am sitting with over 10k population free due to deleting goods builds to make room for Goldsmiths and Traps.

Jixel

Has anyone reached a quest to sell the Elemental portal yet ? I'm wondering how long I need to have it cluttering up my city :)

Jaxom

Yes, there is no quest to delete it. That is confirmed by the "Build the new portal" quest.
I was tempted to build the new one while the old one was still up to test what would happen. Could the game handle portals for 2 races at the same time? But I decided that if I found a bug it would be ignored.

They should always have a "Delete the guest race portal" quest when a chapter ends. Why keep us hanging for months? Simple courtesy to the players.

CrazyWizard

I am tempted to do this too but I have seen that ignoring the tasks can get you in trouble because you don't plan your city to allow their mandated "Build n of x" tasks. And I might as well pick up the rewards for doing the things that they require.
But I did choose to research Workshops before residences as I need to upgrade a few of them to fit my city plan. I really don't need 10 level 30 residences. I am sitting with over 10k population free due to deleting goods builds to make room for Goldsmiths and Traps.

Once a new chapter arrives you can just skipt the quest of the old chapter. the only interesting quest is the 200 diamond one, and you can just prep for the req of that quest alone.

DeletedUser2518

They should always have a "Delete the guest race portal" quest when a chapter ends. Why keep us hanging for months? Simple courtesy to the players.
Youu always can delete the portal at end of each race, and if some quest appears to you, asking you to delete previous portal, you always will be able to build the portal again, and simply delete him before construction complete and then the quest will be completed.

SoggyShorts

8/4 is the max they can ask for because 8 goldsmith lvl4 and 4 trap makers lvl4 require total of 5000 prestige which is exactly what portal lvl4 with all temples gives
The wiki says goldsmith level 1 needs 82 prestige, and level 2 needs 90... or is it that level 2 requires 82+90=172?

Lovec Krys

@edeba The 200 diamond quest is the last quest of the chapter (Wonders research).
You can do it either after you do all the mandatory quests
or
you can join the mandatory quest decline group and do it at the begining of the next chapter after declining all the undone mandatory quests.
I personally do quest in each chapter only until i hit some mandatory which i don't want to do (usualy quest telling me to build or produce something i don't want to).

Heymrdiedier

It's more like this now:)
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/1c9a7f96074741a491f2b3ee01e6d30c/
I'm pretty sure I want to go with 10/5, but I don't know what levels those should be to stay under the 5K cap

Im planning for 12/6, but im not sure at all if thats possible prestige wise.
For me it looks smarter to build extra racial production without upgrading them (since 1 upgrade costs more then 1 extra building). And not adding the prestige boosters to your portal also, since those also seem to take much room.

The main quest, well i have plenty of time to do that in the 4 month wait time till next guest race comes :)

Jaxom

Youu always can delete the portal at end of each race, and if some quest appears to you, asking you to delete previous portal, you always will be able to build the portal again, and simply delete him before construction complete and then the quest will be completed.
Why should I have to use resources to rebuild a portal that I already deleted when the chapter ended? If they require that I delete it (a quest) they should prove that quest at the END of the chapter, not at the start of the next one. If the "delete portal" quest is optional fine, I can ignore it.

All I am asking is that the developers do a nice, clean conclusion to each guest race chapter. Tell us to delete the portal when the chapter quests are done, given us a broken rune shard as a reward and let us move on. The "delete portal" quest should be a checkbox on their list. Research Wonders - check. Delete portal - check. Now you move on to next chapter or wait for it to arrive.