• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Amuni

Jixel

I am confused. The announcement said the increased map was coming with this chapter.
Yes, the overall city space is increasing to 60x60 squares.
But, there are three different ways to unlock expansions in your city :
Premium Expansions - you can buy two more with this GR (at the usual rip-off prices ...)
Province Expansions - no increase in the limit of 457 provinces (this is the one Ritsel and I are complaining about)
Guest Race Expansions - as "usual" for the last couple of GR, a measly one. (actually, I'm complaining about this too, while I'm here :) )

Also, just checked the numbers on the new Culture buildings, there isn't a single non-Premium one that gives better mana-per-hour-per-square than the Torch Fountain from the previous GR. Inno, please fix it ! New GR buildings are supposed to improve things for our cities, and I don't imagine Mana requirements are any lower for this GR than the previous one ?

DeletedUser

Can you please please please take some feedback to the developers that the province expansion limit really needs to be raised with this chapter on the live servers ? All four of my worlds are likely to hit 457 provinces during this guest race, and I'm sure there are hundreds of other players in the same situation.

I'm already way way past the 457 limit on live :(. I have 502 provinces conquered, courtesy of event quests :eek:
With no advanced scout to reduce the cost of scouting, I fear my event days are over and done with :rolleyes:

Does anybody know how many Goldsmiths and Trapmakers we need to build?
I had space saved for the quest race, but these extra 5x5 buildings are a bit of a Shock to the System. Absolutely no idea how I going to fit all that without demolishing half my city
loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png

DeletedUser

Also, just checked the numbers on the new Culture buildings, there isn't a single non-Premium one that gives better mana-per-hour-per-square than the Torch Fountain from the previous GR. Inno, please fix it ! New GR buildings are supposed to improve things for our cities, and I don't imagine Mana requirements are any lower for this GR than the previous one ?
I agree, my mana event buildings are all better the any non-premium mana building for this guest race.

SoggyShorts

are you assuming that pyramids dont need to touch portal? because they do need similar to sorc and dragons chapter to get bonus
I was assuming that gold&trap don't have to touch portal(just res&WS), but monuments all do have to touch portal.

DeletedUser1707

I. for one, am very thankful for the land expansion. I've already opened up 6. Got 6 to go. I had continued to explore provinces even though I couldn't do anything with them so I had 6 expansions ready to go. And, in fact, I have 4 more provinces opened, I just need to finish them. New sizes have been revealed in the above Spoilers.

DeletedUser1707

Can you please please please take some feedback to the developers that the province expansion limit really needs to be raised with this chapter on the live servers ? All four of my worlds are likely to hit 457 provinces during this guest race, and I'm sure there are hundreds of other players in the same situation.
I agree. When I hit 457 I will still be short 20 provinces of being able to fill out the last 2 land expansions. I cannot afford to buy diamonds, nor do I want to, in order to purchase Premium Expansions.

Jaxom

I have hit the 457 limit and have 3 expansions saved to put in. Adding one for this chapter that will be my limit for growth.

Chapter 12 came out in January, seven months later we get Chapter 13. I guess I will be in absolutely NO rush to complete chapter 13. Assuming that I can actually complete it in the space provided. I will NEVER put another dime into diamonds for premium expansions.

Since I have no more reason to explore provinces I won't need so many troops or T1-3 goods. So maybe I can delete wonders that are oriented towards them.
And I will have so much excess coins (no more exploring) that I will be able to buy lots of KPs. Research will not be limited by KPs.

I will likely cut back to 2 each on boosted Tier 1-3. I will cut back to 1 boosted T4 and will build only 1 boosted T5. This should free up space and population for the Amuni stuff. I will take a VERRY slow approach to this chapter. I will see what the big diamond spenders reveal on the quest line and I will be able to plan things.

I will only build what is mandated by the tasks. If they say 8 Goldsmiths I will hopefully find a way to do squeeze them in. And then delete them as soon as the quest is done. It is going to be a VERRRRY slow motion chapter. And possibly the last one that I do. It has been a fun game but if they expect me to spend diamonds in order to have space for the guest races then they will lose me as a player.

I just hope they wait a month or so to put Amuni on live servers. That way I will be able to determine if it is even worth doing.

The chapter looks interesting but not if there is no space to do things. Fix the limit on provinces, PLEEEEASE!

DeletedUser2208

8 gold/4 traps
or 10/5 or 12/6

So it should be something like this ?

settlement.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

I agree. When I hit 457 I will still be short 20 provinces of being able to fill out the last 2 land expansions. I cannot afford to buy diamonds, nor do I want to, in order to purchase Premium Expansions.

I could afford it but I refuse, 650 euro for 10 expansions it's insane.
When expansions were about 10 euro, it was fun to buy one now and then, but since the price increase I havent bought a single diamond anymore. and this will stay so in the future. spending a few bucks now and then is fun and a reward for the builders. but am no fat cow you can milk dry. and 50-80 euro for a single expansion is not a few bucks thats fun to spend every now and then but a lot of money for little game.
For that money I could buy a much better game that gives me a lot more bang for the buck.

It's there loss, not mine.

Last edited:

Jaxom

8 gold/4 traps
or 10/5 or 12/6

So it should be something like this ?

View attachment 4586
The Wiki says " The Monuments need a direct connection to the Temple of the Dunes". Does this mean touching? If so the design is not quite right. The monuments would have to encircle the temple of dunes. Sort of like in Sorcerers where everything surrounded the square. But I could vrey well be reading the Wiki wrong.

DeletedUser2208

Thx I think your right, this one is like the elementals

edeba

How on after release on beta does it usually take for live to get the new guest race?

Elrondriel

I was wondering whether Goldsmith and Trapmaker has any kind of requirement as to the level of Residence and Workshop they are connected to ? Would Level 1 also work ?