• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Amuni

Heymrdiedier

No, you got it right. I feel there should not be an advantage to skipping techs, or if there is one, it shouldn't be so massively unbalanced.
As for catering outpacing production, I'm on the fence about that. Maybe it should get harder to do tournaments as you get closer to "maxing out"-- there's nothing else to do in the game, so by focusing on tournament wonders you should be able to stay ahead of the curve. maybe.
im also very against the balanncing of SSn and in my personal feeling i dont feel like the combat wonders make that much difference, maybe on the first rounds they do, but on the later ones its just too many units you have to fight.
a battle of 10 against 16, you are still possible to win, but 10000 against 16000, thats a lot harder to win

Lovec Krys

@Heymrdiedier I'm also afraid that balancing by Inno would mean making it much harder for players who skipped the tech.
It would probably make that most of FAs currently doing the 10th chest would loose the ability and mass quit wave would follow.

Dony

King of Bugs
you are forgetting to mention that it finally balance out between negotiators and fighters, while it was harder for figher before with new unit upgrades its becoming easier whereas for negotiators its becoming harder due increased cost, but that should be that way, negotiating require zero time compared to fighting and thus it should reward less

CrazyWizard

Adding a row, but no way of winning them, only buying them, seems to be a big part of the complaint, no?

For me it's more the pricing of those expansions than the fact it's premium.
I would gladly buy them at the old pricing, at the current pricing there is not a single strand of hair on my head that would contemplate to buy even 1 of them.

CrazyWizard

you are forgetting to mention that it finally balance out between negotiators and fighters, while it was harder for figher before with new unit upgrades its becoming easier whereas for negotiators its becoming harder due increased cost, but that should be that way, negotiating require zero time compared to fighting and thus it should reward less

As long as you have a small enough account you can cater yourself so easily trough the tournament, without it costing much time, little over 5 min each round for 15 provinces. and this is totally sustainable in chapter 4!!!! making your own goods and supplies witout outside help.

As for the balance fighting vs catering I hope your referring to autofight vs catering and not manual fight vs catering.
Lets be real you're the only person who seems to have the time and patience (mostly time) to manually fight 40+ provincies 6 rounds.
On no other server did I see any player even getting somwhat close to that.

Manual fighting is only an option if, for whatever reason you're jobless or retired or another weird reason that gives you time for hours and hours a day combined with the constant changing timetable to fit in 6 rounds.

Anyone with a job will have hardly enough time to fit an extra round in there work break for 20 some provinces on autocombat/catering mode

The true imbalance that damages "veteran" players and players who simply didn't know are the ones who skipped all the research. the difference is simply huge and no unit/wonder is able to fix that. I week in week out see players do 26-30 rounds on autocombat/catering on smaller sized city's a feat that I simply can't sustainable reproduce.

Dony

King of Bugs
i was referring to autocombat vs catering for 2 people both on the end of tech tree with same squad size

Heymrdiedier

well who knows, maybe next guestrace, we will get a wonder that helps with tournaments, like reducing cater costs, SS impact, .... ;)

edeba

Why was 8/4 rejected?

TL;DR:
  • The 4 Pillars of the Temple are the best use of space.
  • The other monuments cost too much in Gold&Traps to be worth building.
  • 12/6 is ~6% better than 10/5, but requires 18% more space(3 expansions)
UPDATE Aug 18:
Current plan is
7 goldsmiths level 2
3 goldsmiths level 3
1 trap maker level 1
5 trap makers level 2
4 pillars
0 palms
0 temples

My concern with this method is the quests.
With 12/6 and no monuments you can't even get 2 of each up to level 4.
I suppose you can wait until the end and nuke some to upgrade others, but I don't love that idea

6 Level 2 Gold
6 Level 1 Gold
3 Level 2 Trap
3 Level 1 Trap
0 monuments
-------------------
678 Gold/15m
114 Traps/15m
negative 44 prestige possible issues with quests
8 level 3 Gold
2 Level 4 Gold
3 Level 3 Trap
2 Level 4 Trap
Full monuments
-------------------
956 Gold/15m
208 Trap/15m
10 prestige leftover
Needs 34 more squares than 12/6
8 Level 4 Gold
4 Level 4 Trap
Full monuments
------------------------

912 Gold/15m
188 Trap/15m
Needs 41 Fewer squares than 12/6

Personally this makes me think that 8/4 is the simplest and easiest route. To get the same production as 8/4 using low level buildings and a no monuments strategy you'd need to go 20/10.
Perhaps there is a sneaky sweet spot with half monuments, but I haven't found it....yet.

EDIT I think I found the sweet spot.
8 level 2 golds
2 level 4 golds
1 level 1 trap
2 level 2 traps
2 level 4 traps
4 pillars
2 palms
---------------------
772 Gold/15m
169 Traps/15m
25 fewer squares than 12/6, and pretty cheap.

2 Level 1 Gold
6 Level 2 Gold
2 Level 4 Gold
3 Level 1 Trap
2 Level 4 Trap
4 pillars
-----------------------
726 Gold/15m
151 Traps/15m
43 fewer squares than 12/6

The problem with the monuments after the pillars is that they cost Gold and Traps to make.
A full monument set up costs 243,000 grave goods. If you look at the options above, you can see that you only get ~240 more gold per 15 min run with the "full set", which means you'd need to do more than 1,000 15 minute runs before you start to turn a profit for the guest race goods you spent.

My conclusion is that the 4 pillars monuments are a great idea, but you can probably skip the rest.
12/6 with pillars is only 6% more production than 10/5 with pillars, and requires 3 more expansions, so unless space is no issue for you, my recommendation is 10/5.

SoggyShorts

Why was 8/4 rejected?
8/4 is fine, it just isn't as fast because you have to spend 243,000 Grave Goods on building up monuments.
The increase in production is minimal (163 GG per 15m production)
To make up for the GG that you "wasted" by building monuments you'd have to do about 1,500x15 minute productions, which wont happen because by the time you unlock the last temple monument you will only need to do about 900 more.

Basically by choosing to follow the questline and doing an 8/4 full monument build you save a couple of expansions, but you set your progress in the tech tree back by a couple of weeks.

I like the city building aspect of the game which for me means squeezing every square for the best production to see how fast I can "beat" each chapter.

DeletedUser1707

This is a simple question for those of you that are really into this game. I play it for fun, not competition. But, I'm too obtuse to find out how you replace spent prestige from the Temple? I'm down to 778. How do I get it back up to 1000? I'm sure it's something simple that I've just overlooked, but please don't make too much fun of me for being stupid.

SoggyShorts

This is a simple question for those of you that are really into this game. I play it for fun, not competition. But, I'm too obtuse to find out how you replace spent prestige from the Temple? I'm down to 778. How do I get it back up to 1000? I'm sure it's something simple that I've just overlooked, but please don't make too much fun of me for being stupid.
Think of prestige like culture for the Amuni.
The only things that increase prestige are upgrading your portal and adding to it with pillars, palms, and later temples.
Your goal should be close to zero prestige, since having more does nothing for you.
Easiest way to do that is to build
4 trap makers
8 goldsmiths
and max your portal
Obviously you can't do that all at once, so just keep the ratio at
2 goldsmiths per 1 trapmaker

Easier yet, do all of the storyline quests and you can't screw up.

DeletedUser1707

Thank you for the response.
The goal is zero prestige? Well, that certainly is interesting....and confusing. I would've thought that you would want the prestige as high as possible. Who would've guessed it was the opposite? :confused:
Never tell me I can't screw up. I can always screw up. I have a talent for that.

DeletedUser1707

@Nighthawk1 are we related????:p:p
Possibly. Do you naturally screw up too? If there 2 ways to do something, normally that means a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right. I will get it wrong 95% of the time. :rolleyes:
*Deep sigh*
So I want to use all my prestige. That makes as much sense as spwending all my savings and having nothing left over. But, since when did this game ever make sense? ;)

Deleted User - 86059

Oh @Nighthawk1 we are definitely related. And as to the portrait I will just have need to have patience or speak nicely to my boss ;)

Jaxom

As long as you have a small enough account you can cater yourself so easily trough the tournament, without it costing much time, little over 5 min each round for 15 provinces. and this is totally sustainable in chapter 4!!!! making your own goods and supplies witout outside help.

As for the balance fighting vs catering I hope your referring to autofight vs catering and not manual fight vs catering.
Lets be real you're the only person who seems to have the time and patience (mostly time) to manually fight 40+ provincies 6 rounds.
On no other server did I see any player even getting somwhat close to that.

Manual fighting is only an option if, for whatever reason you're jobless or retired or another weird reason that gives you time for hours and hours a day combined with the constant changing timetable to fit in 6 rounds.

Anyone with a job will have hardly enough time to fit an extra round in there work break for 20 some provinces on autocombat/catering mode

The true imbalance that damages "veteran" players and players who simply didn't know are the ones who skipped all the research. the difference is simply huge and no unit/wonder is able to fix that. I week in week out see players do 26-30 rounds on autocombat/catering on smaller sized city's a feat that I simply can't sustainable reproduce.

It is probably well over a year since I intentionally did a manual fight. I have plenty of troops so losing some on auto is not an issue. I produce an excess of supplies so they go into getting more troops.
And my goods production is high enough that I can cater when needed. Some matchups are just not good for auto-fight and I will not spend the time to do manual. Fortunately my fellowship is content doing 4 or 5 chests and so I never face the really hard stuff.
Now that I have maxed out on province expansions I feel no need to continue to work provinces. Don't need the relics or the KPs. Many KPs go into wonders.

For me it is a game that I mostly enjoy. The long waits for new chapters are inevitable so I am taking it slow on this one. Yep, I have said that a few times before!